Advice and opinions PLEASE!!!!

littlemumma

Gold Member
Ok iv been debating posting these pics for a few days or so now.....
But im just gonna do it and id love some feedback from anyone thats been at similar starting weight of over 15 and half stone and soneone thats either at my current weight of 12st7 or somone near my goal weight of 10st 7

In my opinion its very clear that i am smaller in the seconds pics.... BUT i feel like my tummy looks worse smaller
In the first pics my gut is huge yes but atleast its just a big stomach in the second its got that awful indent in the centre which quite frankly looks like an arse :( iv lost a pound shy of 3stone and tbh i think i still look gross....

So my question is after having 2 kids is my tummy possible to lose that indent in the centre if i were to lose another 2 stone..... Or do i have to deal with the fact that my only option tp remove the 'apron' would be a tummy tuck,
Anyone with any help or ideas please comment!

Attachments

• image-339581436.jpg
    image-339581436.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 6,540
  • image-3527413688.jpg
    image-3527413688.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8,214
1st of all congratulations on your weight loss so far! In regards to how you're feeling, you are not alone but I reckon you'll feel better about it when you reach your goal weight. Once you reach your goal weight you can decide what to do.

Yes u r right - no way of knowing what im gonna look like til im there. Just hard to accept i guess when uv lost 3stone gone from a size 18 to a 12-14 and u still feel crappy! Hmmm. Never ending struggle huh!!!

You look very noticeably smaller

re your stomach. Dont consider a tummy tuck. You are young, your skin will shrink nicely and ok, your stomach wont ever be the same as it was before children but does this really matter too much? Unless your job involves wearing a bikini all year round, probably not.

A tummy tuck will leave you with a jagged hip to hip scar. It is major stuff and the risks of the wound becoming infected are high - leading to more scarring etc. I had a breast reduction 7 years ago - I was lucky in that my scars are minimal and I am happy with the result - i still got an infection though - leaving me with a scar the size of a two pence piece. Luckily it is under my boob so never shows... but I would NEVER contemplate further surgery unless medically required

Little mumma god I feel your pain and torment , my tummy is exactly the same and well nearly 4 stone lighter now I cannot see any real change in it
I know if the belly hang wasn't there I would atleast be a size smaller as its just awful and makes like a donut ring round my middle section but low down :-(

I already said to y other half if I lose all this weight and I am left with that awful looking stomach I will cry my eyes out

Problem is babes no one will ever know how horrible it is to live with and how it brings you down unless they suffer the same thing.
My friends are really supportive when I state if it's not gone by 10 stone then the surgeons can take it on, there's risks with all surgerys there's risks with tattoos and piercings and well at the end of the day, you have to do what you think will make you happy.
Me personally having already got a nice big C Section scar am not really put off by the idea of a scar a bit bigger....

My idea is I can hide the scar with panties - the belly shows even with clothes on and well I have to go a size to get kinickers to go over it.

Don't get me wrong my belly has gone down and so has yours - my worry is how much more will it go down or has the c section and pregnancy stretch that akin too much now.

I've been brave an posted you my pics so you can see your not on your own xxx
Obviously the one in bra is before and the one in grey top is after 3 stone

Attachments

• image-2047216429.jpg
    image-2047216429.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 3,839
  • image-1612726501.jpg
    image-1612726501.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 15,050
Laura - you will be amazed at what it looks like at 10 stone - promise. I've recently slimmed from 12 st 4 to 10 st 10 and my stomach is a lot better. I don't have the doughnut effect type thing as didn't have a c section but I certainly have the HIDEOUS apron of fat thing which is still there in a small way even when I am 9 stone.

GretaGrip said:
Laura - you will be amazed at what it looks like at 10 stone - promise. I've recently slimmed from 12 st 4 to 10 st 10 and my stomach is a lot better. I don't have the doughnut effect type thing as didn't have a c section but I certainly have the HIDEOUS apron of fat thing which is still there in a small way even when I am 9 stone.

Aww thanks Hun, well it's the overhang that gets me, it just creates that donut ring once I har trousers on etc.
Here's to getting to 10 stone and I promise if it's small and barely noticeable then I won't even think of surgery... My fear is getting there and it still be as bad :-(
Xx

Thanks for ur comments girlies.
Like u laura i really dont see it improving once im at target... I think its been stretched too much, i knew id b left with a horrible 'bottom' belly coz with my first son towards the end of the pregnancy my tummy was quite hard but the bit of belly above the pubic line was really fatty and i could grab hold of it. Arrrrrr!!
Im not to bothered about it as long as u can buy a good pair of fat knickers to keep it pushed down - i jist want it appear flat in a nice figure hugging dress.

Dont worry G, if all came dwn to it i wouldnt have the guts (nor money) to go ahead with the op i dont think or the time for recovery with 2 bubbas!
My plan - lose another stone and a half - 2stone and try my best with the gym to help out!
Just a shame that with all this hard work for this diet im never gonna b totally happy :( but hey i spose anythings an improvement on 16stne!! X

Lauratheloop said:
Little mumma god I feel your pain and torment , my tummy is exactly the same and well nearly 4 stone lighter now I cannot see any real change in it
I know if the belly hang wasn't there I would atleast be a size smaller as its just awful and makes like a donut ring round my middle section but low down :-(

I already said to y other half if I lose all this weight and I am left with that awful looking stomach I will cry my eyes out

Problem is babes no one will ever know how horrible it is to live with and how it brings you down unless they suffer the same thing.
My friends are really supportive when I state if it's not gone by 10 stone then the surgeons can take it on, there's risks with all surgerys there's risks with tattoos and piercings and well at the end of the day, you have to do what you think will make you happy.
Me personally having already got a nice big C Section scar am not really put off by the idea of a scar a bit bigger....

My idea is I can hide the scar with panties - the belly shows even with clothes on and well I have to go a size to get kinickers to go over it.

Don't get me wrong my belly has gone down and so has yours - my worry is how much more will it go down or has the c section and pregnancy stretch that akin too much now.

I've been brave an posted you my pics so you can see your not on your own xxx
Obviously the one in bra is before and the one in grey top is after 3 stone

Laura Hun my stomach is the spitting image of yours!! My only problem is I am now 10 stone 11 n nearer to my goal weight, the rest of me is slimish but my tummy is still horrid n saggy n I'm scared my CDC won't let me ss for much longer! I'm in normal bmi range now yet a size 12-14 it's so annoying!

I don't wanna finish this diet to still be self conscious about my body :-( x

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5: 12.2 w6:12.0 w7:11.9 w8:11.8 w9:11.1 w10:11.1 w11:10.11 w12:10.11

But just to add... It is slightly better than when I started :-/ x

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5: 12.2 w6:12.0 w7:11.9 w8:11.8 w9:11.1 w10:11.1 w11:10.11 w12:10.11

I have the same problem too. I'm guessing after having a c-section I'll always have a slight overhang. It definitely gets me down too. I'm hoping another 2 stone loss might make it disappear some more tho. Heres my current pics and I swear the overhang is worse in my later pic?

View attachment 60429

View attachment 60430

I have this worry too. After 3 kids and a whole teenage and adult life of being overweight, I've got no chance!! xx

(I say adult life... I'm 29!)

Twobirds I'm 29 too and will no doubt have a second baby too. Part of me thinks why am I bothering to lose weight now if I'm only gonna get pregnant again. But I'm hoping not to put on 6st during my next pregnancy.

I know GG is right but I gotta admit if I had the money and once I've had all my children I'd definitely consider a tummy tuck. But I doubt I'd ever have the dosh. Shame the NHS cant do it while they stitch you up after a c-section. Might cheekily ask if I do end up having a second one.

When I first started I weighed 18stone and got down to 11stone 7 when I hit the 13 stones mine looked very similar to yours but once I hit the 11's it started flattening out it will always be a bit stretchy or wobbly but it will look better I did do crunches first thing in the mornings I don't k ow whether this helped ?!? Xx

botimmybo said:
When I first started I weighed 18stone and got down to 11stone 7 when I hit the 13 stones mine looked very similar to yours but once I hit the 11's it started flattening out it will always be a bit stretchy or wobbly but it will look better I did do crunches first thing in the mornings I don't k ow whether this helped ?!? Xx

This is good to know.....
Im a little over 12st now so im hoping that by the 11st mark it mightve flattened out a bit?!
I dont really care what i look like naked tbh!! But i still have the bulge under jeans and tight dresses and i hate it!!!!!

This is good to know.....
Im a little over 12st now so im hoping that by the 11st mark it mightve flattened out a bit?!
I dont really care what i look like naked tbh!! But i still have the bulge under jeans and tight dresses and i hate it!!!!!

This is this bulge that I hate the most :( I have big hips and a big bum (I am pear shape), and I can live with that. But my tummy apron actually prevents me from getting down a dress size :( Even my curvy hips are ready to go down a size but then I can fasten the trousers, or if I can you can see this bulge just above the pubic area :(

So I wear a lot of shape wear :D : special knickers, tightening tights, etc. It does work, but I still feel ugly. Having said that, I am not even half way in my weightloss journey and I have noticed that my belly is starting to shrink a little. So there is hope! I am not going to have tummy tuck now, because we want children and that would be silly. And I wouldn't want the risk of the surgery when said children are still dependent on me... I don't know, I guess I'll have to wait and see. I have not been slim in so long, maybe I'll just don't mind the overhanging skin when I'm at goal?

But I do admit, sometimes it gets me down. Especially when I want to wear some nice underwear and the knickers can't contain the apron and it all falls out :(

Congratulations on your fab weight loss. I had a friend who did cambridge a while ago, and once she had got down to her goal weight the hospital agreed to surgery for her for the excess skin! I know its a bit extreme, but maybe you could try certain exercises that focus on the area of extra skin? Good luck on your weight loss journey. Im just starting day 3 today of SS!

Well.... Iv noticed a 'tiny' diffrence in the last few days its gettin a tiny bit flatter!!! Since coming off cd 3weeks ago iv lost another 2" from my apron doing judddd, I am however planning on returning to cd for about 10days to use my packs up and fingers tightly crossed lose 6/7lbs?!!!! Im now 1lb off losing 50lbs so i cant say im unhappy with this i guess and i have my gym induction friday so all i can do is keep trying!!!!!!!!

So glad you started this thread ! Firstly well done on Your weight loss you've done brilliantly already, I've recently started the cd and this is my worst nightmare too starting weight 16st & 3 pregnancy each resulting in a gain of 2st each hence = 16st
I know as I shred the lbs away I'll be slimmer but knowing that I will probably always have an apron bothers me too, I've already voiced this with my husband and his answer was y r u bothered it's going to be hidden under jeans anyway ! Like some of you say unless you've got it yourself no one else understands. So I've brought a slendertone of eBay £30 it may help it may not but I thought it would worth ago

Back