1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for a non masterchef!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by emmaleonie1984, 8 July 2010 Social URL.

1. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Hi Peeps, well ive noticed that alot of recipes are cooked on the hob rather than in the oven. Now i had a little accident the other day, i was going to cook extra easy beef stew. It said to cook the meat in a heatproof caserole dish on the hob etc.So i did...and bang the caserole dish blows up sending glass everywhere!!

So this has really put me off now, does anyone else cook there meals in the oven rather than hob like chilli,currys or stews?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bucksfizz

bucksfizz Full Member

Slimming World
    If i see a recipe that says cook on the hob, i tend to cook in it a heavy duty pan and transfer it to the dish when its cooked. Not sure if this is the right way, but it works for me!!
  4. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Yeah I do it like that too, however, to cook it in a casserole dish you need one that is made specifically for going on the hob and in the oven, it tells you on the label when you go to buy it.
  5. loungelizard

loungelizard Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    SW Extra Easy
    I've got some anodised pans from Procook and you can use them on the hob but also put them in the oven.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.