Advice for a non masterchef!

emmaleonie1984

Hi Peeps, well ive noticed that alot of recipes are cooked on the hob rather than in the oven. Now i had a little accident the other day, i was going to cook extra easy beef stew. It said to cook the meat in a heatproof caserole dish on the hob etc.So i did...and bang the caserole dish blows up sending glass everywhere!!

So this has really put me off now, does anyone else cook there meals in the oven rather than hob like chilli,currys or stews?

Emx

If i see a recipe that says cook on the hob, i tend to cook in it a heavy duty pan and transfer it to the dish when its cooked. Not sure if this is the right way, but it works for me!!

If i see a recipe that says cook on the hob, i tend to cook in it a heavy duty pan and transfer it to the dish when its cooked. Not sure if this is the right way, but it works for me!!

Yeah I do it like that too, however, to cook it in a casserole dish you need one that is made specifically for going on the hob and in the oven, it tells you on the label when you go to buy it.

I've got some anodised pans from Procook and you can use them on the hob but also put them in the oven.

Back