Advice for holiday in France

Hey all,
I know its probably not sensible starting a diet a week before you go on holiday, but I want this diet to be for life, so it's gotta fit in with me and vice versa!
I'm going to France next week, and just wondered if you had any tips or even brands to look out for that may help me out while I'm there.
I'll be in Cruise, so hopefully should be ok to fit in with so long as I avoid the French bread and yummy cheeses... after all Dr D is French isn't he!
Gonna take a pot of my viniagrette and of course the oat bran, and wherever possible eat fish & chicken & salads and fresh veg (no butter!) with possibly the odd juicy steak thrown in, but its more ideas for packed lunches that I'm struggling with!
Can anyone suggest any 0% yoghurts to look out for when I'm there, or any 'cooking methods' to avoid!
Any advice would be very welcomed as I'm GONNA DO THIS!!!
:angeldevil:

Hey all,
I know its probably not sensible starting a diet a week before you go on holiday, but I want this diet to be for life, so it's gotta fit in with me and vice versa!
I'm going to France next week, and just wondered if you had any tips or even brands to look out for that may help me out while I'm there.
I'll be in Cruise, so hopefully should be ok to fit in with so long as I avoid the French bread and yummy cheeses... after all Dr D is French isn't he!
Gonna take a pot of my viniagrette and of course the oat bran, and wherever possible eat fish & chicken & salads and fresh veg (no butter!) with possibly the odd juicy steak thrown in, but its more ideas for packed lunches that I'm struggling with!

Hard-boiled eggs, tins of tuna, omelette/quiche, you can have ham (make sure it's rindless and 3% fat or less), jars of mussels in vinegar - all easily transportable for PP days and add in salads, etc for PV days.

You can get oatbran/wheatbran in healthstores (son d'avoine/son de blé) should you run out.

Can anyone suggest any 0% yoghurts to look out for when I'm there, or any 'cooking methods' to avoid!

Ask restaurants to cook your meal without butter/fat (sans matières grasses) just in case!

Any 0% yogurts without fruit pieces are fine - Sveltesse ferme et fondant (flavoured) or natural yogurt with sweetner (you can get Candarel here in the supermarkets)

If you like cheese, one thing you'll be delighted about is the 0% cheese squares we can get here -

Any advice would be very welcomed as I'm GONNA DO THIS!!!
:angeldevil:

I've probably forgotten loads so Jo will be able to add/correct!

Have a great holiday:D.

Sounds about right. The Hippopotamus chain are good for steak + salad meals. Otherwise perhaps choose omelette + salad. Seafood platters are perfectly ok (avoid the bread + mayo of course!). Whereabouts will you be Eclaires?

I've just come back from Brittany where I went to a family wedding. Really hard as the parties went on all week, then for the next week too all my family seemed set on taking me out to meals, or I took them. Fish was my mainstay and really yummy. Julienne is Ling and really chunky. Lieu is good and also Gambas brochettes, all with salad. Fromage Frais is called Fromage Blanc and easier to get than UK. One day I bought mackerel and we stuffed them with herbs and barbecued them, really great.

I should say that apart from the above I totally broke the diet but with efforts in between and lots of walking I managed to keep off what I'd lost so far but didn't lose more while away. I'm sure you can do better.

Hey Joanne,
I'm going to Nice then Monaco for the F1!!! Can't wait at all! I'm planning on being as strict as I can be it's just avoiding the obligatory burgers, hotdogs and cheese sandwiches which seem to be standard F1 fayre thats gonna be harder. So long as I take a pack up and choose wisely at dinner I should be ok!
Thanks so much for all your suggestions!
Xxx

Enjoy Eclaire... I'm sure the Monaco F1 is thrilling if you're there... (but oooh so boring on the TV!)

Back