Advice for newbie please!

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi Tracey 93lb's in 10 months is certainly do able. If you stick to it 100% you will have the best possible chance of getting to goal by next June!
Cambridge Diet is not for the faint hearted, it is radical, but that is why it gets such fab results. People say the first few days are the hardest, just make sure you drink all the water you are suppose to (minimum of 4 pints a day) of course it is always best to drink a little bit more if you can!
If you are feeling hungry, try to distract yourself, paint your nails, have a lovely bubble bath with a face pack or simply go out for some fresh air. You will find the first week passes quickly, and after that it will be a breeze. You will be sooo excited when you go for your first weigh in and see the scales showing a fab loss!

Thanks ...... not wishing my life away but would love to have a week (or better still month!) under my belt. So good to read the success stories - very inspiring. A least my dogs will love me - they're gonna get walked when everyone else eats!

93 lbs is deffo achievable in that amount of time, like chickenpie says its very hardcore and not for the weak but saying that if you want to lose weight bad enough, and you obviously do you're on here...you'll do it

Good luck :)

If you lose an average of 3.5lbs a week (which is what Cambridge reckon you should) you will be finished by Jan 2010 :D

Good luck!

You might also want to split your shakes and have 6 half shakes per day rather than 3 - it certainly helped me first time round!

PS Hello and welcome!

good luck tracy im around 6 months in a few days and have done 8 stone thats with few holidays and weddings chucked in!!!!!

u can do it

drink the water lots of it!! take each day as it comes...

tracy the first few days not that great to start get through that and gets easier and easier

eventully can be boring more than anything but teh satisfaction of the weight loss far outweighs the boredom the diet can cause later on

hi i had a similar amount to loose at start and after 8 weeks 34lbs down realistically i should be at goal around xmas and my losses i would say are around the average for cd so if you stick to it i bet within 7 monthd you will reach goal. good luck x

Whatever you do, do not come off plan unless you absolutely have to, it is harder getting back on plan than it is starting it first time around. The first time is the golden time. I'd also reduce your carb intake in the 3 or 4 days leading up to starting CD, that way you'll get into ketosis a lot easier. Looking forward to seeing how you get on!

Back