Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

:) Tuesday - EE

Breakfast - melon

Lunch - couscous and roast veg, sushi pieces (syn free I reckon, I know syns online says 1 syn per 100g but I guess that must be for shop bought?), pear

Snacks - apple, fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - egg fried rice with veg, pineapple chunks, scoop of haagen dazs (4 syns)

Low syn day and another 320kcal burned at the gym. Hoping for a loss tomorrow now, not just an STS!! :)

Attachments

• 1315333402200.jpg
    1315333402200.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 16
Well done you're doing fab!!

That sushi looks amazing - I would happily pay for it!! Bet it tastes good too

HI Sarah, not seen you around MM for a while, hope everything is still well with you? You're probably busy nesting and making everything perfect for bubs, only 23 days to go! AMAZING :)

Sushi was / is lush and feels like such a treat to munch on a couple of pieces as a snack. Think I'll definitely try it again... Stupid question though: sushi rice is just short grain rice, isn't it? So could I use arborio rice and would it work in the same way? Risotto rice is much more readily available in the supermarkets, that's why I'm wondering...

Good news this morning - 2lbs off!! Chuffed :)

Next week obesity be gone! :)

Wayhay ! minus 2 well done you :) :) :) Gorgeous looking sushi -yum yum yum!

I'd say you can change rice to risotto for sure. Yum I will definitely be trying sushi with my kit once baby is born... Can't have the smoked salmon at the mo.

Yep I'm fine, more waiting than nesting though - too bloody exhausted!!

Wow sushi looks amazing - making me starving! Lunch soon methinks! :D

CONGRATS on the 2lbs :happy036: - I am going to change my weigh day bak to a Thursday as Monday mornings are now instilling dread in me as I can't seem to be good on a weekend at all anymore! :rolleyes: The extra leeway might stop me feeling so guilty!

Keep up the good work Prawny xx

:) Wednesday - EE

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - brown pasta and veg, pear, apple

Snack - fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - 2 quorn burgers (2 syns), BNS chips and spag hoops

Here's a pic of my mahoosive tea - was starving after class :)

Attachments

• 1315421070053.jpg
    1315421070053.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 207
:) Thursday - green

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - brown pasta and veg, pear

Snacks - apple, cup a pasta, fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - jacket potato, baked beans and cheese (HexA)
ryvita and philli (HexB + A)
Fat free fromage frais, golden syrup (2.5 syns), half a Ripple (4.5 syns)

So looks like Thursday is going to be a big food day every week since I have that sugarcraft class and was hungry before but even hungrier afterwards!!

All on plan though, so I don't know why I deserve the scales to be 1.5lb up this morning :(

I'm planning on going for a swim after work today... we'll see how that affects things. I'm away for the weekend too and will be out for dinner on Saturday (and maybe pub lunch Sunday) so was really hoping my angelicness all week would cancel it out, not add to the damage! Grrr.

:) Friday - EE

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - jacket potato and beans, pears

Snack - fat free yoghurt

Dinner - mushroom and lentil loaf (HexA + 3 syns), baked beans
Fibre plus bar (HexB), half a Ripple (4.5 syns)

Attachments

• 1315594680985.jpg
    1315594680985.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 15
:) Saturday - EE

Breakfast - baked beans and some leftover mushroom and lentil loaf (HexA)

Lunch - carrot and coriander soup, bread (HexB)

Dinner - Goat's cheese fritter (eek), followed by sea bass fillet with dill mash and prawn bisque. Tried to choose wisely from restaurant menu. No alcohol or dessert...

:) Sunday - off plan

Breakfast - cereal and milk

Lunch - picnic! granary baguette, salami, sliver of cheese, celery, carrot, reduced fat onion and garlic dip, handful of sensations, white chocolate and raspberry cookie, strawberries

Dinner - peanut butter sandwich

Gosh, I didn't think I'd been that bad yesterday but when I see it written down and begin to think about syns it's dreadful :( No wonder scales are a massive 3lb up this morning :(

Had an emotional weekend too. Went to stay at my big sister's and she told us she's pregnant! So I am very happy for her :)

But then because I'm a total cow I am also really jealous and I feel on the edge of crying every time I think about her getting the thing I want more than anything in the world. I made a huge effort to not let her see but I think I am going to find it really difficult to cope over the next few months. God, I am a horrible sister, I don't know what's wrong with me :( I didn't think I would react this way and it has really made me realise how desperate I am to start a family and how I need to have some serious chats with OH (who doesn't want kids) which I have been avoiding because I am a rubbish communicator (more of a bottler upper) and because the outcome of the conversation is probably likely to be that we want completely different things....and therefore we should call it a day..... which then makes me feel even more upset and reluctant to sit down and initiate the "chat"....Sorry, bit rant but I am a weepy mess at the min.... probably just going to bury my head in the sand and avoid the issue once again.... I'm such a wuss...

Sorry, that post was a very whingy.... time to pull my socks up :)

:) Monday - red

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - tuna mayo (1 syn) with chopped cucumber on ryvita (HexB) with celery sticks, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes

Snack - apple

Dinner - Strawberries with fat free fromage frais and sweetener

Off to the gym after work too to sweat off some of the weekend bloat and to keep the blues at bay :)

Attachments

• 1315855316113.jpg
    1315855316113.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
It wasn't whingy at all. I did write a response this morning but wondered how much I can really help...

It must be really horrible if you do want different things but I guess if you feel that strongly after your sisters news it's definitely time to sit down and have that proper scary grown up conversation. It might be that he hasn't put much thought into it recently so could be a good time to revisit it.
Good luck xx

Congratulations on becoming a soon to be auntie though!

Hi hun, aww, massive hug, my friend went through the same thing last year, she left the love of her life as she knew she wanted children and he 100% didn't, it was so blooming hard for her, but a year on and she's met a lovely, lovely guy who can't wait to have kids, she's uber happy again and things feel like they're slotting back into place again.

It was hard for her to walk again for her long term partner as she couldn't hate him, she still loved him and he'd done nothing wrong, 99% of the time a relationship ends as one person falls out of love / cheats etc, think that was the worst thing for her. I'm not sure any of that has helped, but just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and am sure things will work out for the best. xxxx

Hi,

Don't feel bad for feeling this way about your sister's pregnancy. If you know you want children then IMO you should really discuss that. It does happen that a person who initially didn't want kid changes their mind or comes around to the idea when you find out you're expecting but often they still don't want kids a year or ten years down the line or if it did happen they just feel resentful for having "tricked" them or roped them into it.
I dont know how old you are, but for us women its ticktock.. a man can father a child at 80..
Good luck!

Thank you all for your kind words and sensible advice. Miniminners really are the nicest people :)
Thanks for popping by Buzzybee... I'm 28 so time isn't exactly running out but then at the same time I've been with my OH for about 5 years and if I stay with him another 5 and nothing changes I'll be 33, then time it takes to meet someone new and know if they're right for you I could be in my late 30s..... By then the clock WILL be ticking.

Tried to initiate a conversation last night. it went something like this:

S: So, when do you think you might be ready to have children?
L: Never
S: Really never?
L: Yeah, kids are s***.
S: Oh. Well if I want children and you don't, then we've got quite a big problem.
L: mm, but now's not really the time to discuss it.
S: Well when would be good time?
L: Not now, when I'm trying to go to sleep.
S: Well when then, can we arrange a time later in the week?
L: Not now, I'm trying to sleep.
S: We need to discuss it at some point.
L: I said not now.

So it was a bit like talking to a brick wall. Doesn't look promising :(

Going for another red day today.

:) Tuesday - red

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - beef kofta curry with jacket potato (HexB), carrot sticks and celery sticks

Snacks - apples n pears

Dinner - Cheesy crust haddock (HexA for cheese) with new potatoes (HexB) and green beans
Strawberries, fat free fromage frais and sweetener

And another trip to the gym :)

Attachments

• 1315941202245.jpg
    1315941202245.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Well done for approaching the subject so quickly, but sorry to hear it didn't go very well.

Food sounds yummy today x

Back