advice help!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by nessx, 16 August 2009 Social URL.

1. nessx

nessx Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    SW
    hi im on day 10 of CD. however having done CD previously i am aware of the impacts which it has had on my body b4. however this time i have the following side effects;
    headache
    joint pain
    nausea
    huge bowel prob which require no or some help
    tired
    hungry
    sore throat.
    hot and cold sweats
    changed menstrual cycle
    stomach pains

now normally i would say,hey its the diet, but im on day 10 and previously i have been high on life. so i was concerned and went onto nhs direct, who authorised me a perscrption for tamiflu. but obv due to some of the above being symptoms of a VLCD, i dont know whether to take them or not. so i rang the swine flu line who told me to speak to my gp, but thats tommorrow and obv u are supposed to take the tablets asap. any one got any ideas?! [​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    if your temperatures below 38 degrees then its rather unlikely to be swine flu

4. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    A lot of these don't appear to be side effects of the diet, so there does appear to be something else that is making you ill. Ring your counsellor and see what she suggests. But some of those symptoms sound like flu to me.

5. nessx

nessx Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    SW
    thanks for all ur help, i hope i dont have blinking swine flu!

6. furrysmudge

furrysmudge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Bouncing back to Slimming World
    If it is dont worry, you'll right as rain after a few days (unless you have serious underlying problems of course). Hope you feel better soon x

7. CAROLYN

CAROLYN CWP CONSULTANT

Hi !

Sorry, hun, but if you've been prescribed Tamiflu, you MUST take it straight away AND you need to move to the 1200 programme now !!

CAROLYN x

8. Tracey1404

Tracey1404 Enjoyin' my journey....

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(15.27%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    Hi- I wouldn't mess around with this one. Take the tamiflu and move the 1200 today. If it is swine flu (or even if you suspect it is) it is more important to reduce its impact asap. If it means a few pounds gain, so what? CD will be waiting for you when you are well.

9. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    it does sound like you have the flu, but no idea if its SF or not. There's a number of fluey bugs going around at present, just to confuse matters.

To sound an alternate note (sorry if this is confusing) Tamiflu will only shorten the flu by a day or so and it can make some people very sick. Seems quite common, of a number of my staff who have had swine flu I'd say more than half ended up being told NOT to take it as it wasn't really helping.

Paracetamol, fluids and rest, stay at home and go up to a higher plan as you need the extra energy to fight off the bug. Hope you feel better soon.

10. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Oh and do speak to your GP in the morning!! Best to be safe than sorry, so maybe have a go with the tamiflu and see how you go.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.