Advice needed about group

katoof

Silver Member
Hi guys, I have been doing SW for three weeks. I lost 4lb, then 3lb then 1lb and this quick slow down in loss is worrying me as I have ALOT to loose.

What goes on at your groups, we weigh, then go through what people have lost for about an hour then we go home, i just thought group would be advice and stuff. Should I change groups? I can barely afford to go and dont know if I am strong enough to keep going withought the threat of my weekly weigh in but how can I justify paying so much to stand on scales?

Any advice welcome !!

hi hun, if your not satisfied with the group or consultant you may need to look around at another group
is it a large group with lots of members staying for image therapy?? your consultant has a timed rountine thats why a large group doesnt get much individual attention to each member.. its a real balancing act :)

about 15 people stay for group, is that alot?

no thats not big, i have about 25/30 stay to group i sign in around 40 its quite a new group and they are fantasic when it comes to sharing ideas its fun relaxed motivational and i love being at "work" i do run group as well as company competitons so the whole sessions flow

We have about 50+ that goes through our Group Scales and generally about 30-40 of them stay! Our Group is fab!

Our Consultant says to get there for 9:30, use the 30minutes "weigh-time" to talk to people, discuss how you've done share idea's etc. As we do Image Therapy, and we see how people have done (or not done) we generally throw idea's about, but cant 100% spend 10 minutes on each person. However, those with big losses are congratulted and asked what they've done this week (or done differently) and those who havent, asked what they've done wrong.

IF they dont know then we discuss in more depth!

Sometimes we dont go through image threapy at all - and we discuss certain topics, next week we're doing Success Express, the other week we did Body Magic, x

Hi

Can't comment on the group as I am doing SW at home / online. But I lost 3lb, 3lb and now 1lb so can understand the frustration of what feels like a rubbish loss week without really getting why. Ive started a diary in the diary section (errr - where else!) so that I can keep a ruthless check on what Im eating and drinking and also hopefully get feedback from other users about where I can improve.

Stick at it, and maybe at your next weigh-in speak to your consultant about your concerns as she might have some insights. But - don't forget - you have lost half a stone already and that is amazing so don't go beating yourself up just yet.
kat
x

Back