Advice needed cambridge ss and diabetes

jennifer121

I dont know if anyone can help but here goes...
I had a blood test recently to see if i had diabetes 2...my blood sugar level was very slightly raised (normal range is 5.5)
mine was 5.6....so i got called back to to have a glucose tolerance test,
this means taking a blood sample,then having a glucose drink then another blood sample to see what my body is doing with the glucose...the entire rest takes about 2 hours...
Question is this...i want to start cambridge ss to day,the test is in 2 weeks which means i will be in ketosis ,could this interfere with test results and maybe give an inaccurate picture...i'd like to get all the the carbs out of my system...dont know if i should wait till after the blood test to start ss...
any diabetics out there are probably familiar with this situation...any help or advice would be greatly appreciated:D
jennifer:D

Hi...as you haven't yet been diagnosed as diabetic I wouldn't get too worried and start. The ketosis we go into has nothing to do with how your body produces and uses insulin. As you say your bm was only borderline high and weight loss and a sugar free diet could actually completely reverse the situation anyway. The best thing to do though is just give your GP a quick call. Diabetes UK are also an excellent resource.

Back