Advice needed for work trip with no access to anything but service stations

orange-sox

Okay people, riddle me this!

I have a bit of a dilemma - i normally work 12.5 hour shifts which I can get through on SS+, on friday however I am doing a patient transfer which is going to take in the region of 14-16 hours minimum. I'm a bit concerned that I'm not going to be able to get through it as my patient group can be extremely challenging and it would not be unusual for me to spend half of that time physically restraining the patient.

I'm going to try and get through it on SS+, but I need a bit of advice on what I can eat if the worst comes to the worst... preferable something which will not affect my weight too much (not so bothered about it affecting loss, but more concerned about it flying back up) - I will only have access to service stations/garages so v. limited.

Thank you in advance to anyone who manages to read all this and particularly those who can give me some advice :D

ETA - I can't simply have another cambridge product as I only have enough to get me through to my next WI and my consultant is out of the country so no way of getting anymore!

Ive had to do this myself

Tetras are a god send for the shakes... they take 30 secs to suck up! job done

If you need to eat food... then just take out the chicken of a chicken salad sandwich no mayo type.. that'll do you or a tin of tuna with a ring pull on it.. i know its not ideal but...its only for one day i'd just have 4 tetras! x

Ive had to do this myself

Tetras are a god send for the shakes... they take 30 secs to suck up! job done

If you need to eat food... then just take out the chicken of a chicken salad sandwich no mayo type.. that'll do you or a tin of tuna with a ring pull on it.. i know its not ideal but...its only for one day i'd just have 4 tetras! x

Thanks for your advice hun, but as I mentioned above I can't get anymore products... chicken is a good idea - sadly tinned tuna, I'd probably find myself in the nearest A+E with some lovely lacerations from that tin!

Opps thats me skim reading!

Chicken is good... i'd just buy chicken salads even ...some garages esp the ones off the motorways will have made up salads...just make sure no dressings on them...

Its only for one day though.... can you not buy something thursday from the shops near you and put in fridge for friday.... even taking veg sticks in a container? with chicken to see you through the day...plus bottles of water

Take chicken (even, just for one day, 2 portions worth) and regulation amount of cucumber, stick in cool bag with an ice block and that'll be fine til lunch. That will leave you a shake mid afternoon and one later evening. Might be worth you taking one to borrow from the next day as well to have as an absolute emergency and, if you have it, then just have 2 shakes plus meal the next day!

Back