Advice needed from century club members!

xRachaelx

You only live once.
Hey guys,
Im 35.5 lbs away from joining the century club. My target it to loose around 12 and a half stone all together (going from 22st 13lbs to 10st 7lbs).
Up to now I havnt really been exercising at all. I did zumba for a few weeks at the begining of my journey but i was having little weight losses so i got fed up with it.
Im just thinking about when i loose my weight, will i deffinatly have excess skin? Has any body lost a similar amount of weight? Have you got excess skin? What have you done/are going to do about it?
Im just starting to worry now abit while ive still got a way to go incase i should start toning up now to prevent it from happening.
Thanks guys xxxx

I think we have similarish stats, well done on your weightloss. I started exercising at 20 stones, after I had lost 4 stone. My weightlosses did dip at first, for about 2 months but then they increased again, it seemed like my body was at first becoming more muscley and then that became more efficent ( thats what my trainer said) I started in the gym but it's not my thing so moved on to Aqua fit twice a week, zumba once a week and a dance class once a week and I do the same each week. I do find weightlosses do vary each week so I always look at a months losses all together and not a week in isolation.

I do have some dodgy areas and I'm certain my stomach area and my under upper arms will never be quite right but im just grateful they are not filled with fat any more! Some areas have toned quite well, legs,biceps, etc and I have much more confidence in my body now.

Good luck!

Thank you!
I really do wanna start exercising but its so deficult for me with work and its demotivating knowing i might not see the numbers I want on the scales. But I dont wanna be left with saggy skin if I can help it. I think Im deffinatly going to need a tummy tuck and arm lift
Youve done amazing by the way! Almost 7 stone! Thats fabulous
x

Anybody else got advice? Id be sooo greatful xx

I don't have any advice but I am in the same boat. I am really really worried about loose skin after losing weight :/

I would do the exercise as it will definitely help with the toning and you will see a difference in your body shape but it wont make hardly any difference on the scales.

If you can't go to a gym I would recommend doing a bit of research and getting a good pilates DVD and doing that as Pilates is brilliant for toning all over your body and once you get to grips with the exercises you can focus more on the bits you really want to work on.

....and your weight loss so far is fab - well done :)

I've lost over 7st & apart from my tummy horrible overhang I find with exercise everything is toning up nicely,
Will defo have a tummy tuck, hopefully a free one if I win loveit competition that's out next wk eek! But if I don't then I have to get saving as I hate my tummy so much

did you win the competition?? Where did u find that??
Ive just bought 15 months membership to a new gym and hoping to take advantage of theyre pilates classes! Gunna give it a good go so I tone up what I can x

Back