Advice needed - not to do with WW'ers

Trash

Still fighting
Hi

About 5 weeks ago we sold a litter of Jack Russel puppies 5 in all - all went to good homes that we knew (except one) he went to someone out the paper - I was very iffy about them in first place as they were a young couple with a small baby and obviously i didn't know their background. Anyway I made the girl promise she would keep in touch via facebook but up til now she hasn't even though I've sent her countless messages asking about him.

Now today i've recieved an email saying that she has had to increase her working hours and he is being left alone for long 8 hour days and has become very distructive and they've come to the end of their tether!!! Can i advise where they can advertise him??

What do i do? We are willing to have him back but he's gonna need a lot of help love, time and attention to repair their damage. Do I pay for him???

Just don't know what to do - as money situ isn't good for us at mo!?

Any advice welcome x

Hey

Sorry to hear about the lil puppy! I certainly wouldnt pay to get him back, jus message them and say you will take him back (jus word it as if ur doin them a favour) and get the poor lil mite back

its sooo nice that ur soo caring, when we bought our puppy the breeder was awful and cudnt care less as long as he got the money

hope you can get him home soon :)
xxx

Oh hun i dont know how to advice you for the best,ive never sold any puppies etc.

Would it be worth contacting the RSPCA just for some advice on the best way to deal with it.
If the pup is locked up all day it will be becoming destructive gawd i bet its really bored poor little mite its no wonder is it and i bet its not getting taken out when they get home either!!
Its a difficult situation could you buy the pup back?

Thanks hun - he was such a cutie best of the bunch in my opinion! God funny how you have gut feeling something isn't right - i should of gone with it in first place!
Hate to think of poor thing being home alone for that many hours ;o( x

I don't know i'm waiting for her to give me her mobile number or to ring me as i've msg's her my number!

Gonna try the tact of we will have him back but because he's now 5 weeks older its gonna be hard to get him out of bad habits they've installed in him due to the amount of time he has spent alone and see how that goes down if not - I'm gonna have to pay for him as can't let him stay there like that or worse be passed on to someone else who might get bored of him x

i defo agree with that - insinuate that the best option for the dog is to come back to you where you can attempt to retrain him. What idiots get a dog when they will be out all the time?! I would love a dog, but at the end of the day, the dog has to come first - they need company and its unfair to leave them on their own all the time :(

This makes me so mad gggrrhh, people not thinking through getting a dog!! Its hard work and your life has to change around the dog. I would personally say you'd take him back, but don't offer to pay, its their problem, you're doing them a favour! Poor little mite.

Meant to add, that I can leave Millie 7 or 8 hours occasionally, but now shes 4 years old, never as puppy. When I got her I saved up loads of leave, 2 weeks solid to be with her, then 1 week of just working mornings, then the 4th/5th weeks having the afternoon off work every other day, then coming home every lunch hour for her and its only been in the last 4-6 months that I occasionally leave her until about 4/5 pm. But my life has always revolved around her and I do whats best for her, I thought it through very well before I decided to get a dog, and researched what dog would be best for me and what I wanted out of a dog (lots of cuddles mainly!).

No wonder the poor mite is distructive, he's bored rigid, thats all that is!! Millie has a host of various toys to keep her occupied and we have 2 play sessions every single day with her, playing tug or throw and fetch until shes bored!! Its harder then having kids, cos the dogs never grow up and leave home lOL!!!

Thanks all for comments and Lydia ur so right! No way can you leave a puppy alone all that time and not expect him/her to have chewed something.

.....Finally got hold of her on phone and she announced that they giving him to a friend who's gonna give him a try!!! Grrrr as they already have small dog (that in itself could be another problem) I'm was so upset and mad told her there would always be home here for him and that I only work part time plus OH is always home around 3 in any case! Still she givin it to some friends - can just see it now more damage to the poor little mites ego and bet u in 2 weeks she'll be saying same thing (oh he didn't get on there with their dog etc)
Cant believe some people can be so stupid! x

Thats terrible, I think he'll be better of back with you to be honest, could you not say youve thought about it and would like to have him back now!!??? Poor thing won't know whats happened to him!!

What a terrible women, totally irresponsible dog owner!!

it makes me so angry.

we are looking at getting a dog, as for the next two years my hubby is at home until our youngest starts full time school, and then i work in a school so i am at home quite a lot.

we are looking at a puppy that is 3/4 jack and 1/2 chihuawa (sp).

but my hubby is an avid fan of the dog whisperer, drives me mad.

good luck with contacting the new home for the puppy.
just wanted to add that my friend is a dog breeder and he has a clause in his contracts, that (a) he can visit the dog whenever he wants to, and (b) if in his opinion the dog isnt being cared for properly then he has the right to take the dog back, free of charge. and yes people buy his puppies and sign the contract and i think he has had to take a couple of puppies back.

it makes me so angry.

we are looking at getting a dog, as for the next two years my hubby is at home until our youngest starts full time school, and then i work in a school so i am at home quite a lot.

we are looking at a puppy that is 3/4 jack and 1/2 chihuawa (sp).

but my hubby is an avid fan of the dog whisperer, drives me mad.

good luck with contacting the new home for the puppy.
just wanted to add that my friend is a dog breeder and he has a clause in his contracts, that (a) he can visit the dog whenever he wants to, and (b) if in his opinion the dog isnt being cared for properly then he has the right to take the dog back, free of charge. and yes people buy his puppies and sign the contract and i think he has had to take a couple of puppies back.

Thanks for that we thought of that idea at weekend and I wish we had of done too.

I finally got hold of her on the phone today and she was saying that the friends came over on sat to see how the puppy got on with their dog and that they realised the puppy is a "boy" and their dog is a "girl" (how bright they are) and that it wouldn't work!! So I said to her we would come up and get him and she said they had already arranged another plan for a neighbour to pop in at lunch time to walk him!! Grrrrr

I asked her why she had been avoiding my calls and she said they'd had a busy weekend out for most of it! Well that annoyed me even more as i expect once again pup been left!

So I'm afraid my hands are tied and nowt I can do but fret and hope that all will be well - unless of course I get another call in couple of weeks to say they don't want him again!
x

They were busy out all weekend! OMG!!! I remember the first two weeks I had Millie, I literally didn't leave the house unless it was with Millie, what are these people thinking!! How do you think they would react if you say "Actually Ive done some thinking and I want the dog back, he needs to be with people that realise the commitment having dog entails, when can I come and pick him up?" Even now if I have a busy weekend on, I will pop back during the day to talk Millie for a walk and make sure shes ok, or I'll take her with me or I make sure Mums about to be with her!

I tried that tact Lydia and she just talks over me and makes excuses!! She definatley not of this planet ;o(

I think its terrible people take a puppy on and not think about their own lifestyle and how it might not be right for the puppy.

I took a staffy puppy on recently bt wouldnt dream of it if i had not been at home all the time.

I think that now would be a great time to contact the RSPCA, as someone, sorry forgot who, mentioned earlier, and just see when you stand legally.

hopefully this can be resolved for the best for your puppy.xx

God she sounds a right nightmare, I agree with the RSCPA route, or offer to buy him back? Galling I know.......

Many years ago I didn't like the way my ex was treating his kitten, so I kidnapped her, or catnapped her!!! Shes been with me ever since.....thats always am option, I'll help LOL!!

Back