Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice needed re: freezing green recipies

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Veggie4Life, 18 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Veggie4Life

Veggie4Life Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello all,

I have just started batch cooking large amounts of my favourite green recipies, but I am a little confused about what I can and can't freeze.

For example, I have made the 'luxury quorn lasagne' from the last Slimming World magazine. It says that you can freeze it, but I have a possibly stupid question....

Do I cook it first, or can I just freeze it without the quark/egg topping being cooked first (the quorn and veg mixture is heated over a pan before adding the pasta sheets and topping)?

I also want to make some pasta bakes and freeze them - same applies again really - do I need to cook then freeze, or can I simply freeze after making up the quark/egg topping?

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KatyKaty

KatyKaty Mission:Lose fat-Get fit!

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I cook, then freeze in portions, then all i have to do is take it out the freezer and bung it in the microwave to re-heat.

Hope that helps.

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes definitely cook before freezing.

By the way I had this for my dinner last night and it was great. The only thing was I had to add more liquid. I was making half the quantity but added some aubergine as well, and even the full can of tomatoes suggested for the full quantity left it very dry. I added some passata and stock to the mixture.

5. Veggie4Life

Veggie4Life Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the replies, I thought it was probably best to cook first before freezing. I don't know much about quark/low fat fromage frais and wasn't sure!

I liked the lasagne too, but like you, I added some passata as the base was a little dry.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.