Advice needed re: freezing green recipies

Hello all,

I have just started batch cooking large amounts of my favourite green recipies, but I am a little confused about what I can and can't freeze.

For example, I have made the 'luxury quorn lasagne' from the last Slimming World magazine. It says that you can freeze it, but I have a possibly stupid question....

Do I cook it first, or can I just freeze it without the quark/egg topping being cooked first (the quorn and veg mixture is heated over a pan before adding the pasta sheets and topping)?

I also want to make some pasta bakes and freeze them - same applies again really - do I need to cook then freeze, or can I simply freeze after making up the quark/egg topping?

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance! :D

I cook, then freeze in portions, then all i have to do is take it out the freezer and bung it in the microwave to re-heat.

Hope that helps.

Yes definitely cook before freezing.

By the way I had this for my dinner last night and it was great. The only thing was I had to add more liquid. I was making half the quantity but added some aubergine as well, and even the full can of tomatoes suggested for the full quantity left it very dry. I added some passata and stock to the mixture.

Thanks for the replies, I thought it was probably best to cook first before freezing. I don't know much about quark/low fat fromage frais and wasn't sure!

I liked the lasagne too, but like you, I added some passata as the base was a little dry.

Back