advice needed starting Exante

Bronte

Hi everybody, i've been reading the threads and found them really inspiring, i will be starting Exante hopefully in a few days when my kee shakes run out & Exante shakes arrive. I finished LL in Feb 09 and lost nearlly 5 stone, but sadly put on 2 stone, i've managed to lose 9Ibs so far using kee shakes,but they are expensive so switching to Exante, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the following:
  • what are the shakes like, (i've not ordered any soups as LL soups used to make me gag!)
  • and i've noticed that Exante shakes are 47g as opposed to LL 34g has anyone had 4 shakes a day weighed out at 34g on total solution? as when comparing both shakes per 100g there both really similar in vitamins / minerals contents
Thanks Bronte

Hi Bronte
Good luck with starting exante when your packs arrive.
I switched last week from LL to Exante, having been on LL since July 1st. If it is any help, my experiences of the shakes are:

choc LL - didn't like --- choc Exante - don't like
banana LL - loved it --- banana Exante - don't like
strawberry LL - didn't like --- strawberry Exante - really like
vanilla LL - ok --- vanilla Exante - like

I prefer the tastes of the Exante soups but find the texture a bit too creamy - find it hard to finish a bowl.

All this aside, I look at it like this - as long as I can knock it back and it doesn't taste horrific it is irrelevant. In many ways it has de-sensitised me to always looking for taste when it comes too food - has taught me that food should mainly be for nutrition, not just yumminess (look what a mess I got into eating for the flavour and texture before lol!). I bought enough of the christmas offer packs to last till I should be at target at the end of March, I just treat the ones I don't much like as medicine - if someone said here, take your skinny medicine, I figure I'd take it. Also if I hadn't been given a choice about which packs I could have I wouldn't have had a problem with it so hey ho, may as well have them all.

Your last point turned on a lightbuld in my head as I hadn't noticed that about the packs (although I did notice they contain more powder than LL ones).

I might try splitting out the packs as I have found going from 4 meals a day on LL to 3 the only challenging thing about the switch - there is a long time between 12pm and 7pm when you are eating so little.

Again, all the very best for the coming week - oh and congratulations of your 9lb loss so far.

xxxx

thanks peony,
i know what you mean by the shakes ! what i normally do is put one sachet of each strawberry/vanilla/banana in a container mix together and weigh out 34g i find that it taste likes a fruit smoothie, this is the only way i can drink them !!

Bronte

would someone help please? I've gone from LLL to Exante,finding the packs really good - peony, good post. For my taste, the soups are nicer than LLL.
Question - I can't find my little booklets that came with the packs. The above posts alerted me too. Should I be having 2 shakes/soup + a meal, or 3 shakes/soups + a meal? would appreciate.

Hi Mumbles,
You need to be eating 3 packs plus a meal of approx 400 cal. If you pm me your address I will send you a booklet as I have one spare - useful as they have all the returning to 'normal' eating advice in too together with advice on what to eat and portion sizes.
x

Thanks very much Peony, it's very kind of you. In fact, I had a hunt around, and I've found the books. Your answer came BEFORE I'd found them, so thanks again. I'll be more careful now.

hot shakes

I really like the shakes , choc, banana and vanilla but I do add three tablet sweeteners, makes them nicer to my taste. I have them hot and find they take longer to drink and are more sustaining hot.
Am also struggling a bit with three packs . I have been having a few boiled eggs when I find it difficult [ I'm veggie] but would really like to be abstinent.

You can have 4 packs on Exante if you really want but be aware that it is therefore more cals and might take longer to get to goal and also it will be more expensive in the long run.

Have you tried splitting your shakes?

I love all the shakes - have been having them cold, but following some good advice, am going to try them hot. The soups I also like although the veggie one leaves a pea taste in my mouth which is not good, so I add a good sprinkling of Cayenne pepper - that kills the taste!!

I don't know if I am greedy or just lucky, but I think all the meals are really good. I have no experience of splitting packets over several meals, I just have 3 packets a day and try to stick to that.

Good luck.

Hey Girls,
Are you in Ketosis on this diet ?
I am currently on CD and i thought it was only CD or LL that seen you into keto ??

Thanks girls :D

Hey Girls,
Are you in Ketosis on this diet ?
I am currently on CD and i thought it was only CD or LL that seen you into keto ??

Thanks girls :D

You go into Ketosis on this providing you only have the packs and not any meals. You are also in ketosis on lipotrim (don't know about any of the others though)

I hate all of the shakes, but love the soup and bars. - so if anyone wants to swap shakes for soups (except thai chicken) - then please let me know !!

Drink water water water !!!

Good luck all. xx

Hi guys, started diet in nov, had a break over christmas and I am back on it yesterday!!! Finding it easier the 2nd time around, I guess its cause I know what to expect! Anyway, just built myself up to join this site so wanted to day hi!

Hi guys, started diet in nov, had a break over christmas and I am back on it yesterday!!! Finding it easier the 2nd time around, I guess its cause I know what to expect! Anyway, just built myself up to join this site so wanted to day hi!

Hi to you too !! :wavey: Keep jumping on here for tips and advice, especially when you feel like giving in - we will all keep you motivated !!.

Good luck. xx

You go into Ketosis on this providing you only have the packs and not any meals. You are also in ketosis on lipotrim (don't know about any of the others though)

I hate all of the shakes, but love the soup and bars. - so if anyone wants to swap shakes for soups (except thai chicken) - then please let me know !!

Drink water water water !!!

Good luck all. xx

I have 7 mushrooms soups here that I cannot even contemplate trying, I hate mushrooms with a passion. Let me know is you want to swap them.

Hello to everyone,
I am so surprised to see so many helpful people. It's so comforting to know there is support and advice.
My packs arrive tomorrow. Cannot wait to get started!
Good luck everyone.
JHB x

Hey JHB!

Congrats on deciding to start, you won't regret it! :)

I'm just on my second day, had a Thai Chicken Soup (Can't say I was a big fan of it, but I have lots of other soups and shakes to try so at least I won't get bored!)

There's loads of us starting atm, so it'll be great to check in and compare progress etc..

Best of luck with it! :)

I have 7 mushrooms soups here that I cannot even contemplate trying, I hate mushrooms with a passion. Let me know is you want to swap them.

I have pm'd you with my details. I have all shakes available - let me know which you would like !

Hello Everyone....
Could someone please offer me reassurance that the hunger pangs subside after four days or so. I'm on day three! I find the shakes and soups actually quite tasty and am so busy in the day it doesn't seem like a big deal at the moment. But I've woken up every night at about 2am really quite hungry - last night I ate half a choc orange bar because I was so hungry. Maybe because I'm so tall ;-)
Anyway, a wee bit of a pep talk from one of you with all of your experience would be great. I haven't weighed myself yet - first one on Monday. So fingers crossed when I see some loss that will dull the hunger a wee bit.
Cheerio. I hope you're all doing well x

Back