Advice Needed- Thanks!

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hello Everyone- its been a while!

I haven't been on any kind of plan for around a year, did JUDDD and fasting every so often.
I have lost quite a bit of weight and am a lot fitter- being brutally honest I haven't weighed myself since March 2013.

I have just been told that I have pre-diabetes after a few years with ill health and being shoved here and there around Hospital departments.

Now I am looking for a suitable plan to keep my weight stable and to ensure that I eat properly- something which I am currently not doing...
I do not eat breakfast, rarely eat lunch and do eat dinner. The reason for this is I am a hotel manager and run here and there and cannot sit down for a meal (terrible excuse I know...) I also now have a phobia of feeling full which I am very concerned about and am keen to avoid.

My family, manager and colleagues kept asking me if I had eaten which I had, but obviously not enough and after being extremely stressed and unwell over the christmas period my Doctors have told me to eat properly or face the consequences.

I do best if I have the support of a group, and I have been a member of minimins for quite a while, I am just worried as I often eat in the hotel, do not have time or the energy to cook when I am at home, and I am a shift worker.

I am hoping that some of you would have some ideas for me, they would be greatly appreciated!

Ruth
x

Hi Trefoil,

Low carb is quite good for diabetes. Also setting alarms for the times you're meant to eat has proved helpful for me in the past. I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey, but reading books and using youtube as weight loss inspiration has really helped me stick to my new lifestyle change for this week. Hope that's helpful. Would love to know how you get on :)

Hi Trefoil,

Low carb is quite good for diabetes. Also setting alarms for the times you're meant to eat has proved helpful for me in the past. I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey, but reading books and using youtube as weight loss inspiration has really helped me stick to my new lifestyle change for this week. Hope that's helpful. Would love to know how you get on :)

Hi there,

Thank you for replying. Your advice has been extremely helpful so thank you very much!!
I will definitely be using the alarms and I think that the low carb will be the way forward for me too.

i will keep you updated- have an appointment with my dietician next week!

Take care and thanks again!

Ruth
x

Back