Advice needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Tiaratara, 27 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Tiaratara

Tiaratara Full Member

Hello all,

I'm Tara, 24 years old and in desperate need to lose weight. I feel so uncomfortable in my skin and my self- esteem went out in the rubbish about 3 years ago!!

I am 5ft 4 and currently weigh 11.7 stones and the lowest I ever got following Rosemary Conley and slimming world has been 10.7. I just can't seem to get past that weight for some reason and it's not good!!

My aim is to lose about 2 stone or become a easy size 10, whichever comes first!! I have hypothyroidism too so that doesn't help at all!

Anyways I've been eating healthy and going to the gym now for over 2 months and I have had no weight loss. My body fat % has gone up which is even worse to a whopping 36.1%!!

My bloods have been checked and they are showing my thyroid levels are in the "normal range" so I can't increase my dosage of 125mcg.

Anyways I've hit rock bottom and tried everything except no/low carb diets so I'm gonna give it a bash!!

I'm not planning on following a set diet, I don't really understand them and can't afford to join classes/online clubs so I'm doing it alone!! I've been reading up about the keto diet and want to give it a try! Really have nothing to lose (except weight! Lol!)

Anyways I need a bit of support and guidance to make sure I'm on the right lines. I was originally gonna try the cyclical ketogenic diet cos the thought of carbing up at weekends REALLY appealed to me but now thinking about it I'm worried I would keep feeling crappy all week every week cos my body would have to start ketosis again every week!!

So...I intend to:

Well I did some maths based on Ckd and after working it out I should have the following daily:

Protein 102 grams equivalent to 408 cals
    Fat 54 grams equivalent to 492 cals

Thus giving me a total cal intake of 900 Cals a day!

My BMR from those machines at gym is apparently 1538 but cos I have hypothyroidism I just took 638 cals off that to compensate (500 being what they recommend u should take off!)

Firstly do you think this amount of cals is too low???

Now what was I planning to eat! typical day:

Fibre supplement
    Possibly a fat supplement (good fat!)
    Bacon rashers
    Eggs (lots!)

Protein whey isolate shake (low carb) 17g of protein per shake (maybe 2 of these a day)

Bacon etc etc
    Salad leaves

Sugar free jelly

Am I on the right lines??

I'm also only drinking water and having one coke zero a day as a treat (nothing with citric acid!)

I'm awaiting some liquid sucralose for my morning brew but until then I'm not gonna drink tea or coffee.

I intend to do low intensity exercise every other day whether this be walking or resistance training.

What do u all think?? Am I wasting my time??

I've bought some ketostix and have them in my possession. I intend to start this tomorrow and will be going to the shop this evening to buy all the products.

This isn't an impulse decision, I've been reading for a while, tomorrow is a good day cos I'm off work now till Monday so I can be as cranky and lazy at home as I like! ?

Well that's me!! Hope someone can help!!

Look forward to hearing from u all!!

Tara xxx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Tara, good luck and i hope low carb works for you:). It's been a godsend for me and i never would have thought i could enjoy food AND loose weight.

Feel free to come on over to the atkins board - it's very lively and you'll get lots of advice, as can be a bit quiet here. We're not too strict and have lots of people doing different lo carb versions and even some carby diaries we drool over:) Just tell us what your plan is and then people can help

Good luck:D
  4. Tiaratara

Tiaratara Full Member

Hi kat1e!

Thanks for your advice! I will paste this thread onto the atkins thread!

I went to the supermarket tonight and I couldn't believe just how much food had carbs in! I just ended up with a trolley of cheese and cooked meats! Lol!!

5. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Lol - you will have to become a label detective! Indeed scary the amount of sugar we've been unknowlingly eating:eek:
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.