Advice needed

Wiganlass

Is it normal to have upset stomach with healthy food. Recently started slimming world and for the past 2 days I've had really bad stomach cramps and feel really sick. I'm thinking because of the change of diet it has cocked my digestive system up. I'm used to eating frozen crap and very rarely made a meal from scratch and now all my meals are freshly made.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I agree, sometimes it takes awhile for your body to get used to something new and maybe you are detoxing, also could be all the extra fibre.
I hope it's settling down

It will take time for sure. But I do not agree with jumping in to diets. If you've been eating unhealthily you should essentially wean yourself onto healthy food.

Yep it's normal. I had this exact some problem when I started SW. I also had really bad gas! It's your digestive system essentially ridding itself of all the rubbish, whilst also dealing with a complete shock to the system due to the healthy food, and on top of that fruit and veg has a lot more fibre as well as natural acids etc than other food so there's that to contend with.
You'll be fine in a couple of weeks, just stick with it! x

Back