advice needed!

pebb

just a quick question, what did you do when you were on your twelve week break did any of you go mad i.e go out for a meal or drink? i've been invited to a birthday meal i havent seen this person for a long time and they're planing on going for a meal and drinks.... need some advice really

I am just coming up to my week where I have to add a meal and I won't be going mad.I don't want to prolong the agony of SS longer than I have to :D

Hun, please don't go mad! You'll only ruin all your good work! I don't think it's meant to be a 'break from the diet' as such.......if I'm right it's more a case of adding a small amount of food (no carbs) to give your body a bit of a break....KD where are you????? Hopefully I'm right there, but if KD sees this post I'm sure she'll confirm (or not) as the case may be lol! xxx

I;m coming up to week twelve as well. Personnally I believe you have to live. I have had two or three meals since being on the diet and still lost 4st in 11 weeks. Make it high protein and low carb and really, really force yourself to go straight back on CD. If you don't enjoy your life on the diet your more likly to fall off it, just control what you are doing.

I;m coming up to week twelve as well. Personnally I believe you have to live. I have had two or three meals since being on the diet and still lost 4st in 11 weeks.

Not everyone has such strong willpower as you though.I for one know that if I was to have a "proper" meal, that I'd just keep wanting to eat and not be able to get back into SS afterwards.It's easier for me to just stay away from food that isn't allowed rather than risk ruining how well I've done so far.

A few weeks ago i was looking forward to having a few 'extras' on my 810 week but my mindsets totally changed, Im really keen to stick to it 100% even though we'll be away for a weekend during it. Like Polishrose Im keen to do as few weeks on SS as possible!

Thats a very good point Polishrose. But some people are so hard on themselves if they cheat or are so desperate to eat, if the alternative is to loss it and completely fall of the diet, then I think the odd planned digestion is okay. Having said that Polishrose is right, the next two days can be hard getting back into ketois.

Having said, I have no will power when it comes to food, I never know when I full and I can just eat and eat. But somehow with CD I have turned it around. I hope I keep it that way when I reach my goal

I have the same thing of not knowing when I'm full.I can eat and eat till the cows come home-that's why CD is the only diet that has ever worked for me.

you see the problem ive got is ... its a suprise birthday party for my best friends mum, i cant exactly go and not eat because thats what i'd like to do i start my break on the friday which is the night we go out i was planning on having this meal a few drinks then straight back 100% the next morning obvoiusly i'll be on a meal everynight for the rest of the week. i've worked so hard at this diet so i know in my mind what i've got to do just abit concerned how my body will react to eating.

you see the problem ive got is ... its a suprise birthday party for my best friends mum, i cant exactly go and not eat because thats what i'd like to do i start my break on the friday which is the night we go out i was planning on having this meal a few drinks then straight back 100% the next morning obvoiusly i'll be on a meal everynight for the rest of the week. i've worked so hard at this diet so i know in my mind what i've got to do just abit concerned how my body will react to eating.

Your friends would probably be gutted if they thought you could only enjoy their party/celebrating with them if you were eating ;) :D

Seriously though, if you want a drink (I assume alcoholic?) then you'd need to eat some carbs first anyway because it's dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis on a vlcd (check out the "dangers of Alcohol" sticky). The 810 step is still pretty low-carb so you may be setting yourself up to make it a tough week if you eat/drink off-plan. Also a word of warning - there are still people struggling to get back into CD after Christmas. All had been absolutely determined before Christmas that it would just be "one day" off, they'd stick to the one roast dinner and that they'd get straight back onto CD.

Have a fab time though whatever you decide on :) xx

Last edited:
just a quick question, what did you do when you were on your twelve week break did any of you go mad i.e go out for a meal or drink? i've been invited to a birthday meal i havent seen this person for a long time and they're planing on going for a meal and drinks.... need some advice really

I'm gonna say what most of the others have said. Sorry.

It's not a week 'break'. You need to be just as strict on the 810 as you are on SS. It's really important as a slip can send you back and forth, back and forth, whilst you try to get back on the diet. I have seen it so many times :(

CaptainPugwash said:
I;m coming up to week twelve as well. Personnally I believe you have to live.

Absolutely!! And I can live without eating more than I need. In fact, I can go to a BBQ, tea etc and not eat because I'm too busy living ;)
I have had two or three meals since being on the diet and still lost 4st in 11 weeks.

So you can make it work for you, but most people can't. You are tall, and I guess a bloke. The weight will drop off you. You are not going to be effected so much by leptin levels. Your metabolism is higher, your cravings are unlikely to be so strong...whatever you may feel.

It's rare that people get to goal and maintain doing this. You may be one of the lucky ones.

If you don't enjoy your life on the diet your more likly to fall off it, just control what you are doing.

I believe this can really work with other diets, but very much harder with diets such as CD. Besides, as I mentioned before, there is absolutely no reason why you can't enjoy life without eating more than you are supposed to.

pebb. It really is entirely up to you what you do. Whether it's worth the risk or not. obviously as Serena says, if you want to drink alc, then you will need to up your carbs. Just a bit concerned that you refer to that week as a break week, that's all.

So, whatever you chose, make it a choice you will be happy with. Not just that day, but a few days/months later :)

Hi..
I am on my break week at the moment..
I went out for dinner on Saturday and Sunday night.
Saturday night I went to a restaurant and they made me a chicken breast with nothing on it and I had it with lettuce and cucumber and sunday night I had some chicken and lettuce and cu in a restaurant too I no its nothing special but it was being out and sticking to what I was supposed to be having. You can still go out to eat and eat what your supposed to just let the restaurant know that you want something specific..
good luck hon I was so worried about doing it but it has been fine. Well wi tomorrow so I guess I will find out............
xx

thanks for the replies, kd i dnt mean a break week in the sense i can go mad i mean a 'break week' in the sense that its the week i need to be having a break from ss, i suppose i just wanted peoples opinions on what they would do. i probably wont decide what to do till it gets nearer the time! but 1 thing i do know is my head is in this till the end if i do decide to go on this meal then i will be back on the straight and narrow the next day because this is what i want and i know i can do it. but hey no decisions yet so we shall see....

KD, don't get me wrong I am careful, yes I had three meals in 11 weeks, I havn't drank one drop of alcohol in that time, no tea, no milk. If I get a craving I can't control, I first try with water, if that doesn't work a slice of wafer thin chicken. Thats it.

My point, people worry too much, if they slightly off the rails thats the end it. I say don't worry just put it behind you and get straight back on it.

Back