Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sylv, 1 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Sylv

Sylv Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(28.77%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all

Firstly can I say just how much I love love love this forum, I have been a bit of a lurker for the last 2 weeks and have never really posted very much on forums before but thought this looked like a really lovely and friendly place to start.

Anyway my problem is, I am on day 14 of CD and feeling fantastic :D. When I first met my CDC I had decided to follow SS+, so I started by having 4 shakes a day plus skimmed milk. But since ketosis has kicked in I have have days where I have only had 3 shakes a day. Is this bad? should I make more of an effort to fit the extra shake in? Should I speak to my CDC about SSing? She told me to never SS without telling her and I have and I feel really bad.:copon:

Please don't shout at me :eek:
    Sylv x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shopaholic

Shopaholic is back to finish the job

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.59%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Hi Slyv welcome to Mini's :) I'm currently on week 4 now - where has the time gone?

Are you tall? Anyone over 5"7' has to take the 4 packs to make sure they are getting enough nutrients. I believe it could put your body into starvation mode to skip a pack, which is dangerous.

Good luck with your journey - and keep taking all your packs :)

4. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i think it might be more to do with the doctors approval...more a paper record than anything else but i could be wrong...
    I did the same, started on 4 packs and milk but just couldnt fit it all in so i went SS too....best thing i ever did...but i did it with the approval of my cdc so even if you give her a call...make sure you keep her in the loop...thats what she is there for hun!

xxxx

5. Sylv

Sylv Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(28.77%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for the welcome shopaholic :) Time flys when your on CD hey, that's good news!

I'm 5ft 4" so shouldn't be doing any harm by only having 3 shakes a day. I just feel so guilty. Almost like I have cheated by not following the plan properly.

Thanks LizzMB, I feel better knowing that I'm not the pnly one. Did your weight loss increase by much after you went SS? I have just confessed to my CDC via email. She is a lovely lady and I'm sure she will understand and will send me to the doctors pronto!

Thanks again ladies:)

Sylv x

6. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I did it within the first week so i didnt weigh in on SS+ at all so dont know if there was any difference....but i lost 13lbs in my first week so it cant be bad! lol
    Glad you have confessed...they need to know what they are working with to give you proper advice! I couldnt bare going back to 4 a day AND milk now! euch! I only just manage to fit 3 in! lol
    You certainly havent cheated....going down plans is ok...its eating thats cheating when your on SS so dont even think about fretting about it!
    xxx

7. Sylv

Sylv Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(28.77%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    13lbs in 1 week is fantastic! and your losses in total are brilliant. I have lost 11 1/2lbs in 2 weeks I'm so proud of myself!

Thanks again for the reassurance.
    Sylv x

8. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Hi Sylv, It is to do with letting your GP know, and your CDC is a great one to make sure the rules are followed.

Having 3 packs per day at 5ft 4 and not contraindicated is absolutely fine, and will give you all the daily nutrients you need. You cant drop below three packs though.
    Weight loss is fab, well done x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.