Advice on artificial sweeteners

gl12282

Plodding on.......
Hi,

I wondered if anyone had any advice/preferences that they could share on artificial sweeteners (granulated). I've never used them - assumed that I wouldn't like them but now I've started SW (lost 19lbs and want to continue) I would like to have the option of making some sweet stuff. Anyone have any particular brands that they like or don't like ?

Thanks very much.

Gail x

Personally, I prefer the Tesco Low Calorie Granulated Sweetener. It's £1.01 in a red light weight plastic screw top container, tastes good in my opinion xx

I use the Tesco Sucralose sweetner, no Aspartme in it. I personally like this one the best.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I use Splenda, I think it's very nice and not "furry" on my tongue... if you know what i mean. lol.

I use silver opinion sweetness and light! Can't say I've tried any others but I know I'm a big sugar fan and can deal with this fine! :)

I was exactly the same as you but also decided to try it and its been alright! I've heard that splenda is the best health-wise

Thanks very much everyone (sorry, I don't know how to 'thank you' on the actual post). I will try Splenda (because I can get it from my supermarket delivery).

Gail x

I read that Splenda is supposed to be best for baking/cooking - I'm going to use it in a rice pudding this week so will let you know how it turns out

I use the Tesco Low Calorie Sucralose-based sweetner too. There is another one which is aspartme-based but it kinda freaked me out because aspartme has had some bad press.
Also, the sucralose-based one is best for baking apparently because it can withstand high temperatures.

Thanks Allie - I'll look forward to hearing about that.

Gail x

I use either splenda or tesco's sucralose granulated. Aspartame gives me a headache.

I also use Splenda as tastes the most realistic, they also have a selection which is 'flavours for coffee' and they are yummy! flavours like french vanilla, mocha, hazelnut and caramel, with 0 calories and not having to worry about any syns they really do feel like a lovely treat! I advise you try them! x

Back