Advice on TFR bars?!?

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting some TFR bars from tesco tonight.. I'm getting a bit fed up of just shakes (I only like the choc ones) - I don't like the LT bars...

I know I should really do this and should stick to my LT shakes but I think it will help me stick to it...

Can anyone recommend the best ones to get that will keep me in ketosis (not that I'm back ketosis at the moment) and low carbs etc..

I'm not planning on having the bars everyday - just if I feel I need a change or maybe the days I go to the gym..

Any advice would be grate...

Tesco do their own - 2 flavours, choc & raspberry. To be perfectly honest I'm not fussy on them but I'm in a minority. Tan and others like them well enough and they're a good price. Our Tesco sell the Biggest Loser ones, I've only tried one of those a chocolate crunch or something - that was okayish, and Atkins ones which I haven't tried any of. I'm pretty sure any of them would do the job you want them to :) xx

Thank jan - the tesco ones sound nice I might give them a go lol

They're certainly the most economical. Hope you like them xx

Yup, I have been and bought some more of them this evening. 6 bars for £3.50 can't really go wrong - but like jan says only 2 flavours, raspberry and chocolate. I like them both :)

I've not tried any others (except the lt maintainence one but thats not a tfr bar is it :doh:) simply because of the cost of them.

As you posted this 3 hours ago did you get some?! :p

Be careful with them though as theyre not really meant for a tfr diet xx

Yeah I got them - just had the raspberry one and it was lovely :) And really filling :)

I'm only going to have one now and again for a change - will stick to the shakes as much as I can - but I've got a back if needed... I'm struggling with TFR again at the moment so think bars will help me stay on track...

I've got some too, will be trying one tomoz, I work 2 mornings a week and leave house at 7.15 so too early for me to have owt before I leave so hope they taste ok :)

x__lis__x said:
I've got some too, will be trying one tomoz, I work 2 mornings a week and leave house at 7.15 so too early for me to have owt before I leave so hope they taste ok :)

I really enjoyed them - I'll defo get them again :)

Hey hun,
I know it is a bit late but I use the Tesco one's- I have one a day because nutritionally they are pretty much the same as the Exante one's which I can't stand. And they are so much cheaper. The raspberry does have citric acid in it but so does the Exante orange one and I have stayed in ketosis while I have been using them.
Really can't stand the chocolate one though :(
Hope your getting on Ok x

Thanks Hun - I think I'll see how I get on with the raspberry ones for the next couple of days - if I still lose on them I think I'll stick to them cos of the cost and the are filling :) x

Girls, with the risk of sounding like a party pooper the bars arent meant to be used for a TFR diet.

The packet says "Meal replacements should not be used as your sole source of nutrition; always have at least one meal a day that is healthy and well balanced"

I know you probably know that but and i'm sure one now and again isnt going to hurt but just be careful :)

summergurl said:
Girls, with the risk of sounding like a party pooper the bars arent meant to be used for a TFR diet.

The packet says "Meal replacements should not be used as your sole source of nutrition; always have at least one meal a day that is healthy and well balanced"

I know you probably know that but and i'm sure one now and again isnt going to hurt but just be careful :)

Thanks Tanya - I didn't read the packet lol
I not gonna make a habit of it... To be honest I might introduce a meal next week so have a bar, shake and low carb meal for a couple of weeks...

I know Tan but nutritionally they aren't that different to the exante bars. I wouldn't have any more than one a day - same as on Exante but working where I do it is such a nightmare to have a shake or even a good balanced healthy meal!
And they so state that they are a meal replacement which is what I am doing- a shake counts as a "meal" and I am replacing a shake with a bar!

Oooooooooooook!!! lol x

Back