Advice Please Help?

mariacarr1992

Hello,
My name is Maria Carr
I currently weigh 15st 9 and i am 20 years old.
I went on lipotrim last year in january when i weighed 14 st 4 and i lost a stone after 3 weeks, however due to being in lots of shows i came off it. and the weight piled back on. i also got about 9 big strech mark scars across my tummy which are still there. I am really uncomfortable with my weight and for the last 2 weeks i have been doing a lot of excercise. the main problem with me is that i only eat in the evening which needs to stop. I'm thinking about starting lipotrim again but i don't know whetehr this is a good idea or not. the weight literally piled back on last year and now i have the scars to show for it. I got diagnosed with pcos last year but freaked out and never went back to the doctors, I have excessive hair on parts of my body and quite bad acne. My grandpa has got alzeimers and this weekend when he saw me he called me a fat ugly girl he kept mentioning that i used to be beatiful and slim, and it really upset me. I really want to lose weight and fast as well. Is lipotrim the best diet for me to go back on to or should i do something else?
Maria

Hiya.

You have to lose weight for you and not because of how others see you, Don't take to heart what your grandad said I know with my nan having the same iness they don't understand they are being hurtful.
If you want to lose weight quickly then you aren't going to learn to manage your eating habits, (I'm only just working this out) I am just eating less and it's slow but I think if you have to really work at something you won't put it back on.
I was on the cambridge diet now don't get me wrong it was amazing and I lost loads of weight but I put it all back on as I learnt nothing about my habits.
I have a massive 4-5 stone to lose and I know it's going to take time but once I'm there I will be over the moon!!

Keep your chin up and go and see a doctor or someone who maybe can offer advice as quick fixes aren't always the best way!!

Lots of love Xxx

I totally agree, if you want to lose weight sensibly and stand the remotest chance of keeping it off, do not under any circumstances use something like Lipotrim - you've already failed at it once and will do again, simply because the vast majority of people do, not because of anything to do with you. Your best bet is to follow a calorie counting regime, but also bearing in mind the amount of fat and carbs you eat. Aim to lose around 2lbs a week, and you'll be able to sustain it long-term, and be healthy. xx

Don't forget to consider slimming clubs like weight watchers and slimming world. Both of these plans aim for you to lose weight and keep it off forever. Do as much research as you can into what's available and what will suit your lifestyle. I truly believe their is a plan for everyone and when you find the right one it won't even feel like a chore.

TracyGWill said:
I totally agree, if you want to lose weight sensibly and stand the remotest chance of keeping it off, do not under any circumstances use something like Lipotrim - you've already failed at it once and will do again, simply because the vast majority of people do, not because of anything to do with you. Your best bet is to follow a calorie counting regime, but also bearing in mind the amount of fat and carbs you eat. Aim to lose around 2lbs a week, and you'll be able to sustain it long-term, and be healthy. xx

That's not very fair! There are a lot of people who've been very successful on VLCDs like lipotrim! It's not right to say the 'vast majority of people fail at them' either
Different diets suit different people and we need to be very mindful of that on a public forum

Welshtigger said:
That's not very fair! There are a lot of people who've been very successful on VLCDs like lipotrim! It's not right to say the 'vast majority of people fail at them' either
Different diets suit different people and we need to be very mindful of that on a public forum

I'm only reiterating the well known statistic that 95% of people who lose weight, on any diet plan, put all the weight back on and more besides. If you know lots of people who've lost weight on Lipotrim and kept it off for good, then I stand corrected, but the majority of research and most people's personal experience would disagree - you only have to read the threads in all these forums; the majority of people have tried and failed previously.

TracyGWill said:
I'm only reiterating the well known statistic that 95% of people who lose weight, on any diet plan, put all the weight back on and more besides. If you know lots of people who've lost weight on Lipotrim and kept it off for good, then I stand corrected, but the majority of research and most people's personal experience would disagree - you only have to read the threads in all these forums; the majority of people have tried and failed previously.

I didn't say I knew lots of people who've lost weight on that particular VLCD-I just said VLCDs in general
Going by that statistic that you quote, it's unfair to single out VLCDs, as if it's 'any diet plan' that includes all the others

TracyGWill said:

That's so incredibly misinformed. There are so many people who have lost weight on Vlcds and kept it off. Just like there are loads of people on SW and WW who have regained everything. How you lose the weight is irrelevant. Your success is determined by what you do once you get to goal. If someone regains their weight after a VLCD it's not down to the diet. It's down to them

TracyGWill said:

The 'well known statistic' says on any diet plan? So why single out vlcds as failures? This is a weight loss forum the whole ethos behind it is for people on diets. It follows then that when people get to goal loads of them disappear. People don't tend to come on a weight loss forum when they're not overweight just to say 'still slim' You only need to look around to see loads of threads on WW SW etc from people returning/restarting/coming back etc

I can assure you I know of many many people who have lost a substantial amount of weight on Vlcds and kept it off. I also know people, myself included who've been hugely successful on WW etc then regained every last lb. My failure wasn't down to WW. It was 100% down to me

Just to clarify, I wasn't singling out VLCDs - 95% of all dieters ultimately put all the weight back on again, myself as a calorie counter included. BUT, it's also true that the best way of losing weight and standing a chance of keeping it off is to lose it slowly, no more than 2lbs a week, making sure you eat enough calories for your body to maintain itself without going into starvation mode. xx

http://www.ehow.com/about_5492547_lipotrim-dangers.html

I'm really not trying to have a go at people who lime VLCDs - I lost a lot of weight doing one myself 30 years ago, and was verging on anorexia. 30 years and many, many diets later, I ended up with 10 stone to lose, and have lost 5 so far. If I can make one young person think twice before embarking on a potentially self-destructive path like I've been on for decades, I would be very happy. Just do some reading around the subject, and not just on sites that are trying to sell a particular plan. xx

TracyGWill said:
Just to clarify, I wasn't singling out VLCDs - 95% of all dieters ultimately put all the weight back on again, myself as a calorie counter included. BUT, it's also true that the best way of losing weight and standing a chance of keeping it off is to lose it slowly, no more than 2lbs a week, making sure you eat enough calories for your body to maintain itself without going into starvation mode. xx

Your body doesn't go into starvation mode on a vlcd. There totally safe and healthy and the faster losses are every bit as safe as the slower routes. I totally disagree the best way is the slow route. The best route is whatever suits you best. Tbh I think I'll succeed far better on a VLCD than I did on WW because this is harder and I don't want to do it again :)

The best way of keeping weight off is to learn from your mistakes and change your eating habits - which ever diet you choose

TracyGWill said:
http://www.ehow.com/about_5492547_lipotrim-dangers.html

I'm really not trying to have a go at people who lime VLCDs - I lost a lot of weight doing one myself 30 years ago, and was verging on anorexia. 30 years and many, many diets later, I ended up with 10 stone to lose, and have lost 5 so far. If I can make one young person think twice before embarking on a potentially self-destructive path like I've been on for decades, I would be very happy. Just do some reading around the subject, and not just on sites that are trying to sell a particular plan. xx

That's very unfair that's ONE article probably written by one of the many anti VLCD brigade. I'm sure I could find plenty pro VLCD articles to balance that out.

That article is quite frankly scaremongering and full of inaccuracies and from a US site who have no real knowledge of the diet

Look, this young lady asked for advice on an open forum about whether people thought that Lipotrim was the best diet for her to go on, having already failed at it once. I told her I didn't think it was. If you want to offer another opinion, go ahead, I'm only trying to steer her away from the heartache I've suffered for years due to ill-informed dieting. That article isn't scaremongering, it agrees with every bit of proper medical advice I've ever read or heard about weight loss. x

It's got so many inaccuracies I barely know where to start

I don't think pointing anyone in the direction of an American blog is particularly beneficial. I could go set up a blog post a whole lot of bad info on a diet and post it here as factual. Doesn't make it so

Clearly you're very anti VLCD which is your prerogative but I don't think posting links which are ONE persons opinion is helpful

Hopefully the OP will browse Minimins at her leisure and make a decision that suits her

mariacarr1992 said:
Hello,
My name is Maria Carr
I currently weigh 15st 9 and i am 20 years old.
I went on lipotrim last year in january when i weighed 14 st 4 and i lost a stone after 3 weeks, however due to being in lots of shows i came off it. and the weight piled back on. i also got about 9 big strech mark scars across my tummy which are still there. I am really uncomfortable with my weight and for the last 2 weeks i have been doing a lot of excercise. the main problem with me is that i only eat in the evening which needs to stop. I'm thinking about starting lipotrim again but i don't know whetehr this is a good idea or not. the weight literally piled back on last year and now i have the scars to show for it. I got diagnosed with pcos last year but freaked out and never went back to the doctors, I have excessive hair on parts of my body and quite bad acne. My grandpa has got alzeimers and this weekend when he saw me he called me a fat ugly girl he kept mentioning that i used to be beatiful and slim, and it really upset me. I really want to lose weight and fast as well. Is lipotrim the best diet for me to go back on to or should i do something else?
Maria

Maria, the bottom line is what's best for you

LT didn't work last time, but you'll have learned where you went wrong. There are loads of Vlcds around a lot are more flexible than LT which is probably the least flexible

There's no reason why it wouldn't work for you but by the same token WW etc work too just at a slower rate

Don't rush into anything. Have a browse round the site for a start and see what suits you best. Don't be overly swayed or put off by anyone's opinion.

There IS a diet out there for you it's just a case of identifying it :)

Best of luck x

Back