Advice Please Re: Tooth Removal

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by starlightz, 16 July 2007 Social URL.

1. starlightz

starlightz Full Member

cambridge diet
    :confused: Confusing I know but if anyone could please help I have to have quiet a few teeth removed next week only using local but am worried as I am doing SS and am doing so well that I dont really want to come off it, but is this a must?? :sigh:
    My dentist is saying she is worried that I may pass out after as its stress etc. Can anyone advise what is the best course of action to take?? Should I do an AAM week early befor I have it done??:confused:
    Would appreciate any help.:)
    Many thanks xxxx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi starlightz,

I believe you do have to come off SSing.

I am not a CDC but I am sure your own CDC or someone on here will be able to give you the reasons as to why.

Love Mini xxx
  4. starlightz

starlightz Full Member

cambridge diet
    Many thanks Mini I apreciate your help and I will wait in anticipation lol. All the best xxx
  5. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Before a GA you need to be on 1200 for two weeks. With LA it can be different. What you need to remember is if you are having teeth out its a shock to the system also you will need to heal.

Ask your CDC to contact Gill Walshaw about this.

6. starlightz

starlightz Full Member

cambridge diet
    Many thanks CD COUNSELLOR I have just called her and she will be having a chat with her tomorro, I really hope I dont have to come off as I am trying to be really focused.
    Thanks for your advice xxx
  7. fingers crossed

fingers crossed Silver Member

I had a tooth removed with local anesthetic whilst on SS. All I was told was not to have it done with an empty stomach. I was actually quite pleased to be on it as I wouldn't have wanted to eat afterwards anyhow!

8. TTey68

TTey68 Full Member

I had a tooth out 3 weeks ago whilst still on SS. The dentist assistant used to be a CDC. As I was 'nervous' I hadn't eaten and they made me have a glucose drink (assume it was just some squash) to keep my blood sugar (so they said) stable. The advice I was given was not on an empty stomach (shall remember that next time lol!)
  9. Splash

Splash Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I was also given glucose before having a tooth out because I was pregnant at the time and had just finished a night duty. They said something about it being a shock to the body.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.