Advice Please, regarding refeed..

lou84

Hi People,

I've been on Lipotrim for almost 3 weeks now (lost 12lb so far).

I am going on holiday for a week 19th Sept, I am thinking of doing a refeed a week before.. but then do

1.) I eat 'normally' but healthy on hols?
or
2.) stay on the refeed programme and then go back on TFR after my hols??? and aim to lose a little more weight to get to my goal.

Any advice would be really appreiciated.

Louise

Hi Lou,
I wonder would you consider staying on LT fully whilst on holiday? I know it is possible as I did it myself for 10 days as have lots of others on here.
If you decide to refeed then perhaps post it on the refeed section also and get some advice there.
Doirin

Hi,

If I was in your shoes I would refeed prior to my holiday, be concious about what and how much I eat on holiday and jump back on the band wagon upon returning home.

I'm with Doirin, think seriously about sticking to LT.
Many here are proof that it can be done :)

well i did refeed before hols, had full intentions of "eating healthy" on hols, but didnt i ate everything in front of me have not had wi since (is on fri) but i know by my uniform i put on weight hopefully it is water, but i back on tfr since monday but it really is hard,
so to answer your question, i think i would stick to tfr if i was doing it again :)

I'm with nicolas.I've just done 2 weeks refeed but 'cos I knew I would be back on tfr after I wasn't very good at all.I know lots of people do manage it and still lose weight.I was very silly and now after putting 3lbs on I feel like I wasted 2 weeks :(
I am definately not going to have a break again until I get to goal and refeed properly but I know everyones different.
Although the food guilt does get you again I still had a good time with friends so whatever you decide,have a great holiday :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies! Some great advice too. I still havent made my mind up fully on what to do... Still debating to do a full weeks refeed before hols and stay on the refeed whilst on holiday (2 shakes/ balanced meal) ... then back on lipotrim when home.

Have just over 1.5 stones to my target weight.

im new to this, so please excuse my ignorance i keep seeing people mentioning "TFR" wot does this mean?

*embarrassed...but my mummy always said "if ya dont ask ya dont learn!!" lol

im new to this, so please excuse my ignorance i keep seeing people mentioning "TFR" wot does this mean?

*embarrassed...but my mummy always said "if ya dont ask ya dont learn!!" lol

TFR ~ Total Food Replacement :D As in the three shakes a day programme

if you think you can - do stay on TFR, you'll feel so amazing when you come back! but if i was in your shoes i think i'd refeed for 2 weeks, then eat with little to no carbs on holiday and jump back on TFR when you come back. everyone says it's really hard to get back on tho, so bear that in mind with your decision.

that's what i would do if i had a holiday coming up, but i still have have over 80lbs to lose so it's still a long journey. with 1.5 stone to go, you might find it tough sticking back to TFR knowing that you'll be off so soon.

only you can decide huni xxx

Thanks Sarahlou...

You're right only I can decide, ill make up my mind soon :D lol I hope.

I dont think ill find it hard going back on TFR, if I was going on holiday alone I would stick to TFR, but Im going with my partner (who is very supportive).

I dont want to make things akward like not being able to go to the pub for a meal (salad of course), as we havent been away together in months. I dont drink alcohol anyways so thats not worrying me..

I'll let you all know what I decide to do ;)

good for you hun, and good luck! if you have a supportive partner then you'll have to get them on board when you get back to make sure you get on track!

good luck hunni xx

Hi lou84 I completely agree with everyone if you think you can stick to tfr do it ,its got to be the best way. However if like me you know its not going to work than I think preparation is the best key. Surely nothing could be worse than being totally focused to do tfr and make the mistake whilst your there so if you know it could happen I'd refeed, enjoy your holidays and get back on when your back of hols. I think if you slip up on holiday your more likely to think sod it now I might aswell have .... where as if your prepared your more likely to choose wisely even if it does include a treat. Only my opinion. By the way it is hard to get back on the wagon, but its also doable. ;)

Hey hun

Its a concious choice only you will be able to make. I think your gonna have to think long and hard about this and whether it is possible for you to TFR through your hol or whether you can do a strict refeed, eat sensible on hol and have the strength to come back after such a short period of eating food again.

I too had a holiday and refed 2 weeks prior to it, I went on a mini-cruise and was told I was not allowed to bring any food items on board, if I could turn back the clock now I would have gone to the doctors and got a letter explaining the lipotrim was something I would have to take with me. Having said that my bags werent even checked! This is because if I had stuck to it, I would not be weeks behind, and have the experience of going through TFR again.

Although I have managed to get back on the programme with no slip ups straight after the hol, my mother who also did it, found it very very hard and kept picking.

Please dont feel I am saying you dont have the willpower to get back on the wagon, but weeks without eating, then suddenly having all that freedom, to having to return to nothing again is not easy.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck xx

I am telling you now STAY ON IT! I have done LT for 4 months,lost 6 stone and i slipped now only back on it now and it is d hardest thing ever to do!
During the 4 months I have been on a 2 weeks holiday,sticking to it and I lost a stone within the 2 weeks. More than at home, due to beeing more active on hols as at home n stuff. There is no better feeling than coming back home and seeing a loss than a gain and then to restart. I honestly advise u to stick to it.

U have nothing to lose except of weight and all that food u would eat there, you can have again one day. You will NOT miss out on ANYTHING! And esp. after doing TFR for only 3 weeks, i can nearly ASSURE you, that you will fall straight back into your old eating habbits. Happened to me even after 4 motnhs on TFR and i haven't cheated once troughout my journey.

You can do it miss. Whatever you decide, will be right for u

good luck!

x

Another perspective. I refed for holiday, went on holiday and didnt put any weight on as I ate sensibly. You will only put the weight back on if you eat big portions (Bigger than your body needs) and more often than you need.

Also if you think about it, opn holiday you are more likely to be active and not thinking about food, going to the beach, museum trips, boat trips etc.

The choice is ultimatly up to you but I thought I would give a different perspective as a lot of people seem to be very negative about a re-feed.

Another perspective. I refed for holiday, went on holiday and didnt put any weight on as I ate sensibly. You will only put the weight back on if you eat big portions (Bigger than your body needs) and more often than you need.

Also if you think about it, opn holiday you are more likely to be active and not thinking about food, going to the beach, museum trips, boat trips etc.

The choice is ultimatly up to you but I thought I would give a different perspective as a lot of people seem to be very negative about a re-feed.

Becki were not being negative about refeed hun, refeed works if followed strictly and you can still lose weight on it.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that its so damn easy to fall back into old habits and depending on what 'type' of holiday your having can affect the type of food you will consume. I agree if you were active on holiday you will maintain or even lose, but you will probably know that coming back onto tfr is no walk in the park.

Holidays should be enjoyed, its a shame that everyone should fear a weight gain.

It is hard to slip into old habits but that is the test, whether or not you can tackle the old problem? Surly if you can be diciplined enough to go onto LT then you will be diciplined enough not to ruin the hard work?

Second time round is harder I do admit but by the same token it made me realise the damage i'd done and I will never allow myself to do what I did before.

I dont just think of lipotrim as a vlcd, I think of it as punishment for how I've treated my body. Afterall without it in good shape I will die.

I just think that with all the hard work, that dicipline to be careful would be at the fore front of your mind when eating.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I have had a serious think and have decided I will be STAYING ON TFR throughout my holiday

:D

I CAN do it and will continue with my weight loss...

Thanks again!!

Lou:p

Hi Lou,

As someone who struggled to get back on LT I think you have made the best decision. Have a fantastic holiday and enjoy every minute of spending time with your wonderful, supportive partner.

x

Back