advice please....

malibu2012

Hi everyone, im currently on day 9 , doing ss, need some advice please... I am going to my cousins wedding in a couple of weeks + its playing on my mind regarding food. Im planning on doing ss untill late august when i should reach my goal, a long way to go and i don't really want to come off plan. Not because the weight difference nor getting straight back on it because i no i can + will get straight back to ss next day. I would just rather not have the couple of days feeling crap getting back into ketosis. I just wonderd what on earth do people usually eat at weddings?? im asuming its a sit down meal.. really dont want to sit there having a shake whilst everyones eating as dont want any questions. I was hoping to opt for chicken + lettuce that way i can have a ss+ day + stay in ketosis. Don't you usually get an option of food choices at a wedding in advance or not?? never been so i have no idea haha. I would really appreciate some help as although its not for 2 weeks its playing on my my mind. Thanks xx

Ur best bet is to just eat the protein and a bit of veg that way u will be all cool xxx

Have the same prob next sat for anniversary but just do that u will be fine

Xxxx

thanks hun, if it was a buffet i would be made up as i could choose SS+ and not have any questions. But i have a feeling its a sit down dinner as the wedding is at 12 and reception going on until about 12 at night.. + i think i heard someone mention it a while ago. Its the not knowing what will be on the menu thats bothering me as it wont be until the day that i know if im having a SS+ day or a planned day off. Im not too worried about it either way, its just i'd rather know so that its me making the decision and i will feel more in control that way (if that makes sence?) Im close to thinking that il just have a day off as that way i dont have to worry about it. But as i said its just the getting back into ketosis thats putting me off as i have such a long way to go i dont want anything to hold me back x

let me know how your event goes as its before mine :) i could do with some tips to avoid the food lol its annoying as i dont even want to go to this wedding in the 1st place.. im only going as its also my dads bday the same day + seeing as my parents are going it would be rude not to (espec as i got nothing better to do) haha. xxx

Well ur bound to have protein and veg at the meal of some sort so i wouldn't worry too much plus the danger of planning a whole day off means u could be tempted to eat even more through out the day!!

My worry would be the wine looool xxx

haha im with you on that hun! weirdly i think if i know im having a planned day off way in advance il actually be really good on the day (espec as i wont want to make getting back into ketosis harder) whereas if i decide im sticking to the plan 100% but then on the day slip for whatever reason + come off it, then i might eat more, as thats what ive tended to do in the past on a diet... if i fail + have what i shouldnt, i end up just giving up that day + eating loadsa crap (sooo strange!!! no wonder im this weight) haha! anyways i just need to get a grip.. its not for another 2 weeks yet... i just need to concentrate on getting through day by day at the mo haha!! just wish i didnt have to go as i dont want anything getting in my way.. but hey thats life lol god no's how people manage to go on hol + stick to the plan!!! + hears me worried about 1 day haha x

Yeah Malibu exactly someone said about taking shakes on holiday x I just don't think I have enough will power lol

Anyway are u from Essex? (it's the reem thing that's why I'm asking)

i no theres no way i could do that!! lol i think whatever i decide to do just need to stick to my decision, be good, do atleast damage as poss + the next day get right back to SS! good job i havent got 2 many big occasions coming up or id be stressing the whole time!! haha!

yep im from essex + love towie lol i want to 'look reem. smell reem, be reem' (how cheesy haha) currently go to uni in manchester though so im living up north at the mo! really miss essex tho + still visit to see friends + family! x

Ha how crazy I was born in Manchester and now live in Essex........ " what are YOU sayin'"xx

lol that is funny :) do u miss manchester as much as i miss essex? lauren from towie is on cd isnt she.. be good to see how she gets on! i no arg tried last series but dont no how he got on.. frankie essex lost loads weight on it aswell its popular with essex people lol x

Yeah heard about Lauren after I started good luck to her! Being unhappy with your weight is the demon to the way u feel and act ESP. In the public eye.
Miss Manchester but it was ages ago lol. Still visit sometimes.
Direct message me if u want xx

Hi Malibu it's cousins wedding on the 9th of June and I'm also stressing! Her food is a cold buffet but I wasn't planning on eating anything but still don't want the questions if I don't eat or questions when I pull out a tetra from my bag :( also gonna be hard to avoid alcohol all day! Are u sticking to the water? Xx

Missie CB- i really like deansgate locks at the mo... its pretty much the only place i go out (only because havent been many places in manc yet lol) were u go out in essex? I cant personal message u yet until i get to 50 posts i think.. but i will then :)

Siobhan89- hi hun glad to see im not the only one stressing about an occasion so far away (i mean that in the nicest possible way!!!) lol just means im not crazy as i thought haha. I thiink if its a buffet you will have a very good chance of sticking to the diet without anyone even noticing, just have a look what your allowed in the book on a SS+ day and stick to that and you will be fine. Atleast you wont have to get into ketosis again. I checked the invite to see where her wedding was + managed to find a menu online of the wedding dinner + it is safe to say im having a day off haha. But thats fine as because its planned + i wont go mad. To be honest im going to be on this diet for so long im hoping that day off will re-motivate me for the rest of my journey on cd! Do you mean sticking to the water on that day? ermmm yer i think even if i do have a day off then i wont drink purely because 1- il eat more if im drunk as i wont care 2- all the cals in alcohol= weight gain 3- im planning on getting straiht back on SS + theres nooo way i could do that with a hangover i get 2 day hangovers now haha! You have really simular stats to mine so will be interesting to see how we get on. Are you also on day 9? xx

malibu2012 said:
Missie CB- i really like deansgate locks at the mo... its pretty much the only place i go out (only because havent been many places in manc yet lol) were u go out in essex? I cant personal message u yet until i get to 50 posts i think.. but i will then :)

Siobhan89- hi hun glad to see im not the only one stressing about an occasion so far away (i mean that in the nicest possible way!!!) lol just means im not crazy as i thought haha. I thiink if its a buffet you will have a very good chance of sticking to the diet without anyone even noticing, just have a look what your allowed in the book on a SS+ day and stick to that and you will be fine. Atleast you wont have to get into ketosis again. I checked the invite to see where her wedding was + managed to find a menu online of the wedding dinner + it is safe to say im having a day off haha. But thats fine as because its planned + i wont go mad. To be honest im going to be on this diet for so long im hoping that day off will re-motivate me for the rest of my journey on cd! Do you mean sticking to the water on that day? ermmm yer i think even if i do have a day off then i wont drink purely because 1- il eat more if im drunk as i wont care 2- all the cals in alcohol= weight gain 3- im planning on getting straiht back on SS + theres nooo way i could do that with a hangover i get 2 day hangovers now haha! You have really simular stats to mine so will be interesting to see how we get on. Are you also on day 9? xx

Yeh I think that's what I'll do! Just cant be bothered with the comments! Yeh think I'll be steering clear of the alcohol too! Coz I eat loads when I'm drunk :O I might treat myself to a diet coke or something but just 1 lol the hen fo is nect sat aswell ahhh just having fizzy water with water flavouring so doesnt look too suspicious! Then just water when we hit the town but i might also say im on antibiotics as my excuse not to drink ;) I'm on day 6 today my first weigh in is on Monday :) how about u? Xx

* do * next. Whoops silly iPhone! X

thats a good idea hun! im on day 9 today.. lost 8lb in 1st week.. hoping for atleast 4 this week + following week as that'l hopefully take me down to a size 18... more so that the food im more stressing about what on earth im going to wear?!? i dont ever wear dresses or heels purely because of my weight, but im thinking of trying some dresses on as dont want to be 'the girl whose not wearing a dress because shes big' but if i dont find any i like then i think next have a few nice bits in. Also the photos arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! i HATE having my pic taken when im big never mind at a wedding when the photos will be everywere forever!!!! haha. oohhhh bet you cant wait for monday :) have u had a cheeky look on scales yet? lol x

malibu2012 said:
thats a good idea hun! im on day 9 today.. lost 8lb in 1st week.. hoping for atleast 4 this week + following week as that'l hopefully take me down to a size 18... more so that the food im more stressing about what on earth im going to wear?!? i dont ever wear dresses or heels purely because of my weight, but im thinking of trying some dresses on as dont want to be 'the girl whose not wearing a dress because shes big' but if i dont find any i like then i think next have a few nice bits in. Also the photos arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! i HATE having my pic taken when im big never mind at a wedding when the photos will be everywere forever!!!! haha. oohhhh bet you cant wait for monday :) have u had a cheeky look on scales yet? lol x

That's brilliant! :) yeh me too! If you're not comfortable in a dress n heels then what about a maxi dress with sandals? Or trousers n a nice top n get a fascinater for your hair :) yeh I hate getting my pics took if its not my camera coz then I can't delete the ones I hate!! Haha! Yeh I have oops hehe yday I had lost 8lbs so hopin for double figures by Monday :D but not getting my hopes up! Xx

awww thats fab hun :) eeeeekk exciting timesss!!!! i got weighed daily in 1st week to keep me motivated.. to be honest i wanted 10lb but i cant complain lol im exactly the same with the camera haha all my friends + fam are bugging me to get pics up on facebook from recent but i keep making excuses as there all horrible of me haha! cant really avoid it at weddings though theres cameras blimming eveywere!!! the worst 1's are when they catch u ofguard in the backround or something :S cant wait to be thin + confident for issues like that to be a thing of the past! ive never even worn a maxi dress haha im just going to have to try things on + see how i feel, but not going shopping until next week as wont fit into 18 until the day i reckon haha pushing it fine!! shops (ie next) never seem to have any 18's in stock though... im debating wether to order a couple offline just incase?? xx

malibu2012 said:
awww thats fab hun :) eeeeekk exciting timesss!!!! i got weighed daily in 1st week to keep me motivated.. to be honest i wanted 10lb but i cant complain lol im exactly the same with the camera haha all my friends + fam are bugging me to get pics up on facebook from recent but i keep making excuses as there all horrible of me haha! cant really avoid it at weddings though theres cameras blimming eveywere!!! the worst 1's are when they catch u ofguard in the backround or something :S cant wait to be thin + confident for issues like that to be a thing of the past! ive never even worn a maxi dress haha im just going to have to try things on + see how i feel, but not going shopping until next week as wont fit into 18 until the day i reckon haha pushing it fine!! shops (ie next) never seem to have any 18's in stock though... im debating wether to order a couple offline just incase?? xx

I know me too! I always try to get stuff to wear that covers me incase I get photos taken! Yeh you might be better to do that incase u go into the shop and see something u really like and they have none in the size u want! Coz I hateeee that! Lol well 8lbs is still an amazing loss u should be proud :) u'll be well onto double figures this week! Xx

thanks hun! yes defo.. hoping for another 8 over next 2 weeks + il be made up with that! (i dont like to look too far in future as ive done this on way to many times in past + then never actually got there) but its going to be soooo weird being slim + not having those 'big' demons in my head anymore such photos, clothes, general confidence issues... i think the results are sooo fast on this diet all i got to do is stick to it + il reach my goal... But then il need my mind to catch up with my body hahaha let me no how u get on monday + keep in touch x

Back