Advice.. please :(

nay

Hey everyone..

I'm looking for some encouragement and advice really. I started SS+ in January and lost 3 stone by June, but since then have totally lost the knack for the diet. I yo-yo'd up and down for months and finally had to come off it altogether at the beginning of September as the mentality of failing every week really got me down :(

I've put back on a stone and a half and I feel rubbish about myself again. Losing weight was amazing I had so much confidence that I have never experienced before! So why am I finding it so hard to do something that makes me so happy?

I'm going back tonight to my Cambridge Lady with the intention of starting 'again' tomorrow.. Any words of advice are massively appreciated

x:wave_cry:

Hi!

Sounds to me like you've got yourself on that same old cycle that we can all find ourselves on:

Eat- down on myself for eating- sorry for myself- eat- down on myself for eating- eat... etc

If you're anything like me.. i can't be motivated by guilt or self pressure or self criticism or fear or other people's expectations.

I can only feel motivated by WANT ing to do this as a gift to me.. as a selfish treat to myself that is none of anyone else's business and is about my relationship with myself.

I know that if I can set myself mini goals that no-one else knows about I find it easier (like getting through the morning.. or surviving the day) I feel such a sense of achievement just by completing my challenge to myself :)

Hello!

I completely agree with everything 'Enough' is saying. You need to want to do it for you and the mini goals are a great idea. Try not to see things in black and white and if it doesn't happen for you one day, try again the next. Mini goals are fab. I started this with the intention of sticking to SS 100% for just under 5 weeks. I'm on day 16 now and I just keep thinking about when I break up for my hols. I am planning to get my hair done that day and to buy something new to wear on a day out I have planned for the 13th October. These are my first wee goals. The fact that you have arranged to see your Cambridge lady is already a big step. Make meeting her your first goal. Good luck xxx

Back