Advice please

Dietingdon

Silver Member
As some of you know, I am planning to weigh myself at home in the morning, and just go to class for support. I go to class Tues eve, so should I weigh myself Tues morn or wed morn, what do people think?

TUESDAY MORNING then while shes congratulating people on losses you can pat yourself on the back too.. how come your not getting weighed? if u dont mind me asking..? sorry if im being too nosy!

Do wednesday.. same as me :D

TUESDAY MORNING then while shes congratulating people on losses you can pat yourself on the back too.. how come your not getting weighed? if u dont mind me asking..? sorry if im being too nosy!

I do get weighed at class, but don't like evening weigh ins, so I want to weigh myself in the morning, and ignore my class WI

tuesday morning is what i'd go with. remember providing you always weigh at the same time each week it should give you a reflection of your loss regardless of whether its morning or afternoon. x

tuesday morning is what i'd go with. remember providing you always weigh at the same time each week it should give you a reflection of your loss regardless of whether its morning or afternoon. x

I can just weigh SOOOOOO much heavier in the evening. I know it'll be hard to not compare my wi to the classes wi, but I will.

I don't really see the sense in weighing at home and still going to class. As Edwin says, if you weigh the same time each week it will be a true reading so I'm a little confused by this

Reactions: Fea
there seems little point in paying to go to class,getting weighed in by the club , then ignorning what they say, there is a danger that you will always ignore everything that disagrees with your way of thinking. Take the advice of the others , weigh in at class,thats the only set of scales you should listen to,it will still register how much you have lost in a week.good luck,talk to your group leader and explain your anxiety.

As long as you follow one weight I dont see the difference in weighing at home or class ! Won't your SW consultant question too why you aren't getting weighed and weight is weight whatever time you weigh lol

It really doesn't matter if you weigh heavier at night if you're getting weighed at the same time each tuesday night. Your loss will still show.

The only difference between weighing in the morning apposed to at night, is that your actual weight will be different. The losses won't.

You can weigh yourself in the morning to get your true weight, but weight LOSS wise, same time each tuesday night will give you a true loss. You'll end up confusing yourself. I can't see the point in ignoring the class weigh in to be honest.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and the scales said I'd lost 4 lbs, but then I weighed in the evening (before tea and had only eaten what I usually would throughout a day) and they said Id gained half a pound. I weighed on my own scales straight after class, so I know the difference, to those my consultant uses.

I agree with what the others have said - if you weigh at the same time every week then it doesn't matter what time of day you do it, your loss will show correctly.

Chuck your scales out! For one thing they're far less likely to be accurate than your consultant's scales, which are regularly checked and calibrated. Our old set once gave my husband six different sequential readings with a difference of up to a stone! :eek:

Just stick to being weighed once a week, at class, and you'll know that your weight is being measured accurately and correctly with reliable equipmnt.

Using your own scales instead or as well really isn't going to do you any favours, it's really counterproductive. One of the things that every consultant I've ever had has told me is to stay off the scales between weigh-ins!

Good luck. ;)

I agree with what others say. You're overcomplicating things, and concentrating way too much on the odd few ounces. Bodies are fluid things, they change constantly... trying to keep track of it will drive you insane. Slimming World is for the long haul. It's about eating healthily every day, for the rest of your life. Your body will adjust to it and the extra weight will come off all in good time. Just be happy in your own skin and trust that your body is going to adjust and regulate itself to your new healthy eating regime. The excess weight will go. So just relax and enjoy life and get off those scales!

Reactions: Fea
Awww i know how you feel because thats exactly how i felt and exactly why i chose to go to a class in the next town rather than the nearest because they had a morning session!!!

i knew that the SW scales would say something different to what mine say, but told myself to see past the numbers.

Agree with what the other girls said. weigh yourself that tuesday morning then get weighed again at class. technically your losses if true losses - should be the same, so if yours say -1, sw scales should say -1 too. concentrate on the losses and not the figures.

for example, last week my scales said i was 12st 9.5lb - SW said i was 12st 7.5lb. this week mine said 12st 8.5lb and SW said 12st 6.5lb.

different figures, but same -1 loss

hope that makes sense

x

ps. if you avoid class WI you will also miss out on your awards wont you?!!!:(

I certainly want to carry on going to class, They seem a lovely bunch, and my consultant is lovely.
I think that, because I have gained 2 stones since coming off CD, Im desperate to get that 2 stones off. Of course, aswell as the other 2.5 stones I have to lose after that, lol.

aww hun, its frustrating isnt it! Every single ounce does count when you feel desperate, i know it does to me.
im desperate to loose the 2.5st i have of baby weight, then the extra 2st i was overweight even before i was pregnant.:rolleyes:

we will get there x

We all get desperate when we feel that it is all going in the wrong direction but it is for life, not just a quick fix and what wold you rather have? TO see the numbers go down on the scales, ANY scales? Or to actually be the size you want to be regardless of the numbers and to feel happy and comfortable?

Back