Advice please

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can give me some advice. I am just coming to the end of my third day on SS. I have struggled to stick to three CDs yesterday and today so have had four! I also gave up smoking 12 weeks ago and used NRT (Niquitin lozenges) to help with that. My problem is, I still have a few of those to help with cravings and wondered if the lozenges would affect me getting into ketosis? I don't feel at all different after three days. Looking at a lot of the posts on here about having so much energy etc, it hasnt happened for me yet :cry:I am so desperate to lose the three stone + and I will be sooooo disheartened if I havent shifted at least 4lbs by my 1st weigh-in on Monday.

Hoping someone out there can help and offer some reassurance.

Thanks.

Thanks for that, guess I should just chill out a bit but I just want to start feeling different, that surge of energy everyone is talking about lol. I guess I am just a lazy cow at heart:8855:

Good luck to you x

Hi Chelsea-Lou,

I'm no expert only on my third day too, but i did the atkins diet a few years ago and that worked in the same way with ketosis and i remember that the smallest thing could knock me out of ketosis, even sugar free things, so it could be the lozenges? Is their anything else that you can use like patches or something, or maybe nicorette gum might be better. Also it might take a bit longer for you to get into ketosis, i think everyone is different. Do you think you could try a few days without the lozengers and see if it makes any difference.
Have you thought about doing ss+ you can still have 3 sachets plus a small meal, but you can only have a list of certain things. My cdc said the weightloss is nearly as quick i think averaging 12lbs a month.
Good luck Hun, you can do this, stick with it, i'm sure it'll get better for you xx

Hi Chelsea Lou,
Do keep your chin up- it can only get easier after all. Jesslima has a point- maybe you would suit SS+ better? My CDC said it was 4 packs plus the milk- might make that bit of difference to morale?
I asked earlier about hunger pangs and when they wear off, and everyone had a different experience to report- I suppose we are all unique.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Thanks for your words of encouragement all of you. I will see if I have a better day today. Jess, I am so thinking of the summer BBQ (Credit crunch willing) and that is my goal, to be slim by then and turn a few heads instead of stomachs lol.

I managed to wait until 8am until I had my first shake of the day, so that should make a difference having it a couple of hours later. Looking forward to the WI on Monday but will probably be a bit nervous. How did everyone else feel?

Hi Lorrayne and Mrs L- how fab that you have each other there for support, well done both.
Maybe a sneaky weigh or measure might boost motivation? I started the same day as you and this morning my jeans felt a bit loose, so I couldn't resist a quick measure- I have lost 2 inches on my waist and hips already!
Of course, it all just water blah blah, but it's lovely to pull the tape measure a bit tighter all the same!
Stick with it and good luck for today!

Hi Lorrayne & Jess, doing it together is fab, well the two of you.:happy096:
Me and my hubby are doing it together too and doing SS+ (four packs and 200mls of skimmed milk) love my cuppa tea, can get about 4 cups a day out of the skimmed milk. We've been doing it for six weeks and have just comleted our first AAMW and the weight loss has been great. We've almost lost 5 stone between us!!!:wow: Never thought it was possible before CD.

Jess you are a little :angel09: for being such a support for your mum, bless you.

I promise you it does get easier, now it is just part of our routine and we are finding it much much easier than we would ever have imagined.

Keep glugging the water and well done for getting to day 4. :)

Hello,

i had day 3 yesterday amd i did feel really energetic yesterday and really fab but to day i ache all over and not feeling as energetic. I was in ketosis end of day 2.

I think we are all different and out bodys react differently. Keep drinking lots (yucky i know) but it will help.

I do have sneaky look on my scales every day as my scales tallied exactly with the cdc's so it gives me a bit of a boost to see the weight coming off (8lbs since sunday but i am a bigger lady so have more to loose).

You can do it hang on in there will be worth it in the end X

Hello,

i had day 3 yesterday amd i did feel really energetic yesterday and really fab but to day i ache all over and not feeling as energetic. I was in ketosis end of day 2.

I think we are all different and out bodys react differently. Keep drinking lots (yucky i know) but it will help.

I do have sneaky look on my scales every day as my scales tallied exactly with the cdc's so it gives me a bit of a boost to see the weight coming off (8lbs since sunday but i am a bigger lady so have more to loose).

You can do it hang on in there will be worth it in the end X
Wow, 8lbs lost already. Well done, that is terrific. I am not feeling at all different yet, either looking in the mirror or by my clothes the only difference thus far is not having such swollen ankles lol.

Hi Lorrayne and Mrs L- how fab that you have each other there for support, well done both.
Maybe a sneaky weigh or measure might boost motivation? I started the same day as you and this morning my jeans felt a bit loose, so I couldn't resist a quick measure- I have lost 2 inches on my waist and hips already!
Of course, it all just water blah blah, but it's lovely to pull the tape measure a bit tighter all the same!
Stick with it and good luck for today!
Letty that is fantastic.

As everyone keeps on saying and I know its true, we are all different and will all lose at different rates. So long as we all get there though girls (and guys). We can all look forward to a slim summer, wearing fab clothes and not having excess blubber to cart about in the heat. It is great that Jess and I have each other for support but it is also great that we all have each other on here as well.

Lorrayne xxx

Well done for sticking to it so far ladies!
I know how your feeling, i too felt no different in the first week but i can guarantee the weight loss will be worth it. In my first week i lost 11lb :)
shelleyxxx

Chelsea Lou,

I thought I might try and offer some advice on the smoking aspect of things.

The nicotine lozenges are fuelling your cravings. After about 2-3 days there is no nicotine left in the bloodstream. Any cravings after that are purely psychological. The lozenges obviously aren't as bad as smoking, but they aren't actually curing your addiction.

You said you gave up smoking 12 weeks ago. Giving something up implies that you are making a sacrifice. You have to make the choice to "stop".

I stopped smoking 10 years ago and have never even considered a single puff of a cigarette since. :)

Hmmm, Mat you make it sound so easy. I found giving up smoking really hard so to get to 12 weeks is great!
However, I think that the lozenges will not be good for CD. Lozenges are normally full of sugar and you won't get into ketosis, which will make you hungry and loose less. If you need something why don't you try the inhilator? I do agree with Mat though, using anything containing nicotine does just make you crave more.
As for energy, I found that it was over a week before I felt better, maybe even nearer two, but now I am great and feel really good.
Keep going!!! But quit those lozenges.
Bingbong

Hmmm, Mat you make it sound so easy. I found giving up smoking really hard so to get to 12 weeks is great!

I tried many times to stop, but found it very difficult and failed every single time. It was only when I read a certain book that it all fell into place. I got so far through it and it was like something just suddenly clicked. I stopped, just like that. So reading the book (and me wanting to stop) did make it very easy for me. I can't say the same book would work for everyone though.

I tried many times to stop, but found it very difficult and failed every single time. It was only when I read a certain book that it all fell into place. I got so far through it and it was like something just suddenly clicked. I stopped, just like that. So reading the book (and me wanting to stop) did make it very easy for me. I can't say the same book would work for everyone though.
Hi Mat. I know the book you mean and I read that and also went to his seminar but it still didnt quite click for me. What did it was a massive head, neck and shoulder pain that wouldnt stop and I was convinced that I had a blood vessel in my brain that was going to pop and I stopped. I tend to only stick a lozenge in after a meal (or shake these days) as that is the only time I really get 'that feeling'. So its not like I am sucking away on loads of the things all day. I do take your point though and I know this might sound daft but I bought some cocktail sticks today, which will give my mouth something to do for the ten minutes or so after my CD. My CDC was going to check with Cambridge to see if the lozenges should be on the banned list or not and I am still waiting for her to get back to me on that.

Well done everyone for quitting the cigs, it isn't an easy thing to do for a lot of us and when I have done it in the past it has always involved a weight gain of two stones. This time i only gained a few pounds and that is coming off (and more) as I speak. How wonderful, to be smoke-free AND slim??? That makes me feel so excited and happy.............yay!!!!

Very true. I gave the book to a Sales Rep that used to visit the shop I worked in. He's a friend of my Brother and mine. He's had the book for 9 years now and he still smokes. His excuse is that the book says you can still smoke while reading it, so he's taking his time!! :D

He did actually stop for about a month at one point. I saw him part way through that month and he told me something that has stuck with me ever since. He was driving to visit a store with some new products the one day and he spotted a betting office. He pulled over and went inside just to get a fix. It may not sound funny reading it and it helps to know him and what he is like, but I could just imagine him speeding down the road, seeing the betting office and doing a hand-brake turn into a parking space, then dashing in for a long deep breath!! :8855:

Anyway, I am waffling. Well done for taking control of things and coming this far. You will do great. :)

Keep it up, you nd your daughter are doing brill! The first week and a half are the hardest. I was counting the hours until next pack and really grumpy, especially if I got interupted whilst eating my soup or shake which was almost a sacred time for me back then. The otherday I nearly forgot to eat my lunch pack, it was almost time for my dinner one before I remembered!! This diet really is the answer. i have 3 stone in total to lose and have managed to lose one and a half stone in five weeks!! I have never managed that on any other diet. Believe me you will get into the zone, but the lozenges are possibly stopping you getting into ketosis as quickly, which stops you being hungry and gives you more energy. Just think of how slim and sexy we will all be this summer! Cant wait to get to the beach, something I have been too embarassed to do for the past few years since popping out my two little ones.
p.s freezing tetra pack and having it as ice cream makes it last longer, a life saver in my first week. you have to leave it to defrost for about 40 mins, defrost micro before eating!
keep it up x

Thanks all for the advice. I have not had a lozenge since Saturday evening, so we will see if it makes a difference. One thing I did notice yesterday was the frequency of needing to pee. Jess and I went out for the day to do a bit of shopping, have lunch (our shakes sitting in the car in the multi-storey lol) and the cinema, and I was constantly having to rush to the loo!!!

Just thought I would let you know that according to Cambridge, there is no reason why anyone should not use the Nicotine lozenge whilst on SS. The worry of whether or not I should be using them and Mat's comments made me stop anyway so probably done me a favour, as 12 weeks on NRT should be the maximum. Anyway - hopefully this info useful for the future:party0023::party0023:

Back