Advice Re Recipe servings please

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by TwinkleToes2day, 16 March 2011 Social URL.

1. TwinkleToes2day

TwinkleToes2day Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All
    Just on week two and I wonder if any of you could advise me whether the ingredients in recipes (on here and in the SW magazine) that say Serves 4 can simply be quartered for one person?
    I only have a small freezer and would hate to waste so much food if it turned out I didn't actually like what I'd cooked.
    Ready meals are so convenient, but not good for optimising unfortunately :-/
    Thanks in advance
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. parker

parker Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st1lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I tend to halve the quantities in the recipes if i'm making them for the first time as it's only me and my son. If I like what i've made then next time i'll do a full recipe and freeze individual portions for when time is limited.

4. TwinkleToes2day

TwinkleToes2day Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that Parker. It would most likely just be me, myself & I, so I guess halving it could work and we could share it, ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.