Advice re TOTM

Dude*Bear

Help please...

I had a cracking week last week and lost 6lbs, over the last four days the scales haven't moved. It's TOTM but that usually doesn't affect anything.

Does anyone know why my weight hasn't moved when I've done nothing different. I had some chicken on Friday (like normal) but again this hasn't affected anything before.

Thanks

hmm if you are actually bleeding i cant see this being the reason why, in my experience i gain weight about a week before totm and then loose it again during and after. you may ind in a few days it will go down.

The lbs will come off. Just keep going and don't worry. It will happen week by week, month by month. If the scales don't move for me, i think to myself that my body is adjusting to the weight I've just lost. Give it some time. Keep doing what you're doing. xxx

Thank you very much - great words of wisdom.

Think I was getting myself into a bit of state :)... Today is a much better day!

Glad you are feeling a bit better.

TOTM is a nightmare isn't it?!

I had my forth weigh in yesterday, and I'd lost 2 pounds, which I was a little disappointed with. CDC asked me if I was due on and I said no as I'd just finished my period a couple of days ago.

But low and behold, what has arrived today? My period AGAIN. Twice in 2 weeks. (sorry if TMI!)

Anyway don't worry about your weight slowing down around this time. The way I'm thinking is that if it is due to TOTM, then the week after you should have a really good loss, as you'll lose all the water you're retaining.

Hang in there, you WILL lose weight if you stick 100% - just some weeks will be better than others!

Hi Dude*bear

are you holding onto anything else? you know number 2 wise??

its just that this diet has made my body very reluctant to get rid of anything apart from water!! and i find that can have an impact on my losses.

i am on week 10 - weigh in tonight :-( getting closer to moving up to 810 for a week and a bit nervous about it if i am honest - but hope the greens may help!

goodluck, and know that so long as you stick to this you HAVE to lose lbs - no way you cant.
xx

Hi Dude*bear

are you holding onto anything else? you know number 2 wise??

its just that this diet has made my body very reluctant to get rid of anything apart from water!! and i find that can have an impact on my losses.

i am on week 10 - weigh in tonight :-( getting closer to moving up to 810 for a week and a bit nervous about it if i am honest - but hope the greens may help!

goodluck, and know that so long as you stick to this you HAVE to lose lbs - no way you cant.
xx

I find it hard to go to the loo too, takes days, is that normal?

Hi Witchy
yes, its pretty normal, do a thread search for constipation - lots of ideas to help on the issue.

i have been using lactulose, but i have only lost 1lb this week, so going to stop for a week to see if that helps, and give SS+ a 200 cal meal a go - maybe the greens may help

x

I too have my second totm in a few weeks and also am retaining other ways :(
I try to look at the monthly picture rather than weekly, otherwise I sometimes feel a bit down, even though over all my losses are more than satisfactory!
Good luck for another good week

:)
x

empty.gif

Thanks everyone, no holding on to No 2's around here. In fact since starting CD it's been the opposite...

Feel even happier today, as when I checked the scales this morning my weight had gone up but my percentage fat was down; so I'm putting this down to TOTM and water retention.

Not expecting any loss when I get weighed on Friday, but we'll see what happens next week.

Have a good day.

Back