advice wanted on how to handle a night out...please

vlp

There probably isn't a right or wrong answer to my question because I'm discovering thateveryone does SW differently! I'm still trying to work our how it works best for me....

How do you deal with a meal out? I am going for an indian on Saturday. Weekends are normally Extra Easy for me. Should I a) try and work out syns b) call it flexible and eat sensibly c) splurge and get back on track on Sunday?

If a) what are good choices to go with the boiled rice?

My weight loss so far has been frustratingly slow despite following the rules....

A I like a chicken rogan josh 6.5 syns b flexible can be great so ya dont feel like ya missing out and c ya can probs get back on track and lower syns in th days after :) me personally I would go for a but thats because if I splurge dont no if I could go back to normal th day after lol xx

If you are doing a) you could go for a tomato based curry or a meat thats done tandoori style on skewers so you then reduce the gee and cream which is in things like a korma or tikka masala. And eat a small non syn thing before you go if you want to reduce chances of nibbling on popadoms or bhajis etc.
Or do b) have what you want, stop when you are full, but enjoy it :)

Like you say, it's really up to you. I've only just rejoined SW and my major challenges have been in the last week as it was both my brother and partners birthday! So for the first I went a bit mad and splurged but then pulled the syns back to 5 a day for the next few days - for my partners i ate what I wanted for lunch ( a pizza) and then had a low syn small tea. Both have slowed down my weight loss but not stopped it (so far) - and i decided I wanted to enjoy myself and was prepared for a gain/sts and then got back on track.

i prefer average 8 syns daily then just enjoy yourself back on track the next day! if you've had a gain you'll know next time that you either need to make more sensible choices or zero syns in the week but in my opinion life is too short and as long as its not every week then enjoy yourself, in my experience feeling bad and guilty until weigh in only leads to you sabotaging yourself and 'well I've blown it now so may as well not stick to it and start afresh after weigh in', some people stick to SW 100% and although i applaud them id rather take a little bit longer and enjoy my SW journey x

Back