Advice...

hele123

I'm on day 16 of TFR, in a couple of weeks I have a really special occasion coming up where I will be going for an important family meal.. I don't know what to do, my pharmacist seems to think I would need to refeed first before the meal, but I was hoping if I got straight back on it the next day and got back into ketosis if I could just carry on? As I was planning to do TFR for 8 weeks, doing the refeed before the meal would cut that in half.
just wondering if anyone has any advice :) cheers xxx

Only advice I can give is I had a meal last Friday and am still trying to get back onto it, it's really hard to eat and start back again although some people do it no problem. If you knock yourself out of ketotis then you will have to go through the dreaded first few days again. Am starting morrow and hopefully make it past day 1 again. Good luck in whatever you do x

If you eat without going on a refeeding session then you will put on as much as 7-10lb in a day!. Read the info you were given - when you start LT the first week is basically fluid loss from Glycogen stored in the liver - once this is depleted then the fat begins to burn - ie Ketosis. If you eat as normal you will lose all the progress you made in the initial week - so you will have to go through the first week again. Believe me it is far far better to just maintain the diet instead of stopping and starting. Besides you are going to be faced with this kind of event constantly whilst you are dieting - there is no point in worrying - just stick to the diet.

I would try to stick to it, but if you know you wont its best to refeed and start again on TFR afterwards as far as I understand it. If you just eat normally straight away you will put on at least 7lbs x

My advice is not to eat the family meal, just sit with them or eat a flapjack and big black coffee/iced water, find some excuse if you need one. But if this is not possible then definately re-feed. Going in and out of Ketosis is awful and very hard.

I asked my chemist if i can come off it for one day and she said the best way to do it is to have your breakfast and lunch shake on the day, have your meal in the evening but deffinately NO CARBS! (i had chicken with spinach, and even a few vodka and tonics) then went straight back onto 100%
I think alot of people struggle to get back on it once they come off it, but if you trust yourself and are commited you can do it!
of course it will slow your weightloss down a bit, but if you are sensible i honestly dont see why not!

GOOD LUCK! X

daisey said:
I asked my chemist if i can come off it for one day and she said the best way to do it is to have your breakfast and lunch shake on the day, have your meal in the evening but deffinately NO CARBS! (i had chicken with spinach, and even a few vodka and tonics) then went straight back onto 100%
I think alot of people struggle to get back on it once they come off it, but if you trust yourself and are commited you can do it!
of course it will slow your weightloss down a bit, but if you are sensible i honestly dont see why not!

GOOD LUCK! X

Aww that's fab! Thanks so much! Xxx

Aww that's fab! Thanks so much! Xxx

good luck! im sure if you have the will power you will find it easy! (i did, and i was shocked because my will power is shocking!) but i wouldnt be in this mess if wasnt for my lack of self control with food.
haha but i would stongly advise eating small portions (you will struggle to eat anyway) and get straight back into 100% the next day to do as much damage control as possible! x

Back