Advice

battybelle

I'm a bit worried about hair loss and saggy skin. I've had no hair loss but I know it can happen. Any advice on how to look after your hair? Also is there any good products out there for saggy skin?? I've got an Xmas Boots gift card to spend.

Thanks in advance
Belle x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hair loss wise mine come out a little bit faster than usual but I have so much hair I moult anyway. I've not had any major loss.

Id be interested in hair loss solution too if anyone knows of anything. Last time I did it it was very noticeable every time I brushed my hair.

Id be interested in hair loss solution too if anyone knows of anything. Last time I did it it was very noticeable every time I brushed my hair.

Yes me too. My hair is bleached blonde too. If I get it bad, I will stop. Has anyone got any advice please? . I have fine hair but loads of it at the back but fine on top and fringe.

After my first VLCD go of over a year - I lost quite a bit of volume from my hair, but it was quite thick to begin with. It's not something that was all that noticeable, nothing a volumising mousse after washing can't fix. Don't worry, you won't get bald patches or anything horrible like that.

As for loose skin - depends on your genetics and age... I was similar weight as you at one point, but I was 22 then. My skin actually shrank back quite well - even though I do have stretch marks EVERYWHERE (luckily they're not so visible at smaller BMI's).

Don't worry too much... I know I'd rather have some loose skin than fill it out! :D

After my first VLCD go of over a year - I lost quite a bit of volume from my hair, but it was quite thick to begin with. It's not something that was all that noticeable, nothing a volumising mousse after washing can't fix. Don't worry, you won't get bald patches or anything horrible like that.

As for loose skin - depends on your genetics and age... I was similar weight as you at one point, but I was 22 then. My skin actually shrank back quite well - even though I do have stretch marks EVERYWHERE (luckily they're not so visible at smaller BMI's).

Don't worry too much... I know I'd rather have some loose skin than fill it out! :D

Thanks Minerva, so my hair my just thin out a bit if at all?! Thanks. At my age yes I'll probs get loose saggy skin but like you say I would rather have loose skin than fill it out. I'm a size 26!! Just too short not fat hahaha :)x

The way I'm going to try and prevent loose saggy skin id do my 12 weeks of this, then go slowly for a bit, then maybe come back to this. Just so my body has time to catch up.

The way I'm going to try and prevent loose saggy skin id do my 12 weeks of this, then go slowly for a bit, then maybe come back to this. Just so my body has time to catch up.

Oh are you hun? I'm gonna try to go through to goal. Well I hope so anyway. My GP keeps an eye on me every 2-4 weeks. There will be blips along the way but will get straight back on this again. I want to lose as much weight as I can by September. I'm not worried about loose skin anymore. I'm more worried about hairloss but that's not the end of the world either. I shall speak to S&S tomorrow. Thanks Cherry-Blossom and good luck after your 12 weeks is up.

Thanks Batty. There's a number of reasons why I'm going to give it a go without S&S after my initial 12 weeks. Part of it is that although I want this weight off ASAP and doing this diet is fab for that I also want to see if the break from eating has helped break some of my bad habits and to train myself to eat better. The entire time I've been on this so far one of my main focuses has been how I'm going to try and keep losing afterwards and slowly teaching myself to make that happen. I've had the occasional meal on this where I've been trying it out and so far its worked. I've also looked at things such as doing Becks Diet Solution (which I'm slowly doing at the moment but want to redo on real food) and I'm looking at doing Paul McKennas Hypno Gastric Band to try and keep my stomach at a smaller size like it is now. I also want to try and get more into running and when I come off this in June it should be a better time for getting outdoors to do that. Plus I'm theoretically meant to be doing a half marathon in October. So for me I know I can get the weight off with S&S but I also know I need to work out what I'm going to do after and losing in a healthy way whilst eating I know will be better for me overall with the things I'll have on at the time.

You're doing really well Cherry-Blossom, very inspirational! :)

I've learned quite a lot of my self-restraint - by rationalising and seeing how I cope with 'nights-off', really analysing my reactions and learning from them... hasn't been easy - but in the last two years self-control has become a much easier thing to manage for sure!

I do fully recommend taking a break at 12 weeks, I've unfortunately found my weight loss has stagnated (I'm at the end of week 13). In the last two weeks I've pretty much lost nothing! Have been at the same weight for the last 6 days now... so I've also decided to take a week "off" (calculated of course, planning my meals + calorie intake) and see how I get on. Hopefully it'll give my body the boost it needs to get out of the plateau. :)

x

My hair loss is from endometrial cysts. Hardly lost any at all since starting s&s but I'm another one who tends to shed quite a bit. Before I had an op on my cysts my hair was literally coming out in handfuls - but still not so you would notice on my head, it was quite traumatic to see when I washed my hair but you really could not tell at all on my head. I expected that a VLCD might set it off again as I'm clearly prone, but nothing at all, tbh, quite the opposite and had lovely luxurious thick hair. Now, my cysts are starting up again and once again the hair is starting to come out, but again, as alarming as it is to see, my head tells a different story. So, I guess if I'm anything to learn from, you can lose a dramatic looking amount and nobody would know!

As for the saggy skin - I got some zaggora cream on an offer with groupon and it's doing the business. That said, I'm not a daily moisturiser as a rule, so it could be that I would have found the same effects with Morrisons own brand rather than spending daft money, who knows. I've gone really quite saggy in this last week which is part of my decision to stop a little earlier than I planned to, to commence the toning :)

You're doing really well Cherry-Blossom, very inspirational! :)

I've learned quite a lot of my self-restraint - by rationalising and seeing how I cope with 'nights-off', really analysing my reactions and learning from them... hasn't been easy - but in the last two years self-control has become a much easier thing to manage for sure!

I do fully recommend taking a break at 12 weeks, I've unfortunately found my weight loss has stagnated (I'm at the end of week 13). In the last two weeks I've pretty much lost nothing! Have been at the same weight for the last 6 days now... so I've also decided to take a week "off" (calculated of course, planning my meals + calorie intake) and see how I get on. Hopefully it'll give my body the boost it needs to get out of the plateau. :)

x

Really inspirational reads girls. I was just have a break on week 13 and restart at week 14. I'm a bit confused. I shall read the booklet. I do want invest in Becks Diet Solution book when I have pennies. Yes I think you are both right though. I want to teach myself healthy eating habits once I've finished. I've heard of people who put all the weight back on again slowly. Good luck girls. I'm only on week 1 so I shall see how it goes. Xxx

Really inspirational reads girls. I was just have a break on week 13 and restart at week 14. I'm a bit confused. I shall read the booklet. I do want invest in Becks Diet Solution book when I have pennies. Yes I think you are both right though. I want to teach myself healthy eating habits once I've finished. I've heard of people who put all the weight back on again slowly. Good luck girls. I'm only on week 1 so I shall see how it goes. Xxx

I know you can do it, good luck with week 1 - it's always the toughest! :)
When I did VLCD the first time - I only took one weekend off in 10 months - and I didn't feel well at the end of it! Do consider health first whatever you do. A VLCD is a fantastic way to learn self-control and recognise where bad habits had cropped up, but it's what we do after that matters.

Never forsake health for the diet, doing this for long periods at a time isn't healthy either. :) So, take a break - but if needed plan ahead! Pre-cook meals and freeze them if you have to (to eat like "foodpacks" at your usual times of day). In a lot of ways, I've changed my food habits after the first dieting experience... my kitchen NEVER got it's snack cupboard back after 2008! And my OH and I have stuck to eating 3 times a day with no snacks in-between. :)

Good luck :D

x

Thanks noodles and Minerva I shall bare this all in mind. My doc keeps an eye on me every 2-4 weeks. I did try this last year and caved in. I know these are not the healthiest of diets aswell. But at the moment I'm sticking with it. Don't think I could do this for 10 months anyway tbh.

Noodles, I'm sorry to hear of all what you've been through with cysts and op. thanks for the hairloss advice and saggy skin. Yes I realise that I am going to have to do toning exercises at some point. As you might be aware I'm very unfit and on mental health Meds too. I do have my drs permission and he wrote to S&S for me free of charge. My sister is a Practice Manager and we keep in touch by phone. My old GP from there weighed 25ish stone and lost on dramatic amount of weight last year and he has tried all sorts of diets over the years. My sister who works for him DR Tyrell has also gone from 18st to 14st and is happy with that weight. They are both tall. I'm only 5'2in" and so far I'm a size 26. I also suffer with Cellulitis in my right leg and on this diet it's really helped me. If diet is good enough for my old GP and sister then it's good and reassuring enough for me to carry with this. My sister is a size 18 now and is happy at that though she is gonna follow this again at some point. My sister and Dr both have what I call "Apron Bellies" and are not bothered. Dr Tyrell is maintaining really well. He is 15st and has never felt fitter. I do have a lung prob too so this diet will help with that also. Dr Tyrell was overweight for years and wanted to set a good example to all his patients. Anyway sorry for being so long winded about all this but I will still bare both of yours advice on board coz everybody is different.

Thanks Noodles and get well soon. And Minerva Thankyou so much :) xxx

Back