Advice?

bridetobeelle

I really struggle to eat enough fruit and veg...I see people on here with food diaries all salad and fruit but I just get starving! I'm all about the carbs. I know this is what has made me need to lose weight though!

This is a typical day:

Banana, mixed berries, fat free fromage frais with honey (2 syns)

2 alpen light bars

Mug shot or egg on toast, cherry toms, cucumber. Activia yogurt

Dinner is usually jacket potatoes or pasta or quorn products.

I'm terrible about drinking water but I guzzle tea :/

I'm no expert but if I have just fruit for breakfast I get really hungry for the rest of the day. I always have 1/2 grapefruit to start with, not for this diet but because I've had it for years.I have a couple of small slices of wholemeal toast, a light cheese triangle marmite and cucumber ...well that's one of my breakfasts, another is tomatoes (I add a bit of curry powder) and a slice of ham on the toast. I think if you have a good breakfast, it sets you off for the day, and you would perhaps enjoy a nice big salad with a tasty dressing. I have ham or a chicken breast with it, today was smoked salmon, but didn't really enjoy that. If you make a meal instead of a jacket potato, (have a look at the quick lunch book) you can have your 1/3rd of a plate filled with veg, and the rest for whatever you're having, you will be going a long way towards your quota....and it can all be free. Good luck.....I'm a tea pot too!:)

Adding more fruit & veggies to your diet doesn't have to mean salad, when you're out shopping just take a look at all the veggies available & chose something new, same at the frozen section, just take a look & see what you feel you could incorporate into your meals. When you look at the diaries try & see (if specified) how veggies/fruit are added.

def does or weight losses will not be so good, does make a massive difference

all fruit and veg are super free, its just that some are classed as super speed, which speed up yr weight loss even more like strawberries, melon and raspberries but banana and apples is just super free. all veg are just superfree there are no super speed veg.Notr also that sweetcorn and peas are just free not superfree so they would not count in you third of superfree!!
Hope this helps/makes sense?
All FREE food is pasta, potato, lean meat, quorn, tofu, rice, baked beans atc, anything without any syn value.

Last edited:
all fruit and veg are super free, its just that some are classed as super speed, which speed up yr weight loss even more like strawberries, melon and raspberries but banana and apples is just super free. all veg are just superfree there are no super speed veg.Notr also that sweetcorn and peas are just free not superfree so they would not count in you third of superfree!!
Hope this helps/makes sense?

Not all fruit a veg is super free .. Starchy veg is just free and avacardo is syns

I'm sorry for ranting but.... Week 1- no loss Week 2- 2lb loss Week 3- 1/2 stone loss Week 4- 2lb gain Week 5- didn't weigh in Week 6- no change I really don't understand why I'm not losing! I've gone from a really unhealthy diet to over 1/3 fruit and veg. Super low fat super low everything! And I don't see any results! What's going on?! I've been 100% on plan. I do green religiously and although I'm bad about my water intake (I just drink tea) everything else is bang on! Could it just be that this diet doesn't suit my body?!

I haven't had a weight loss for a couple of weeks s would appreciate any feed back please! I'm on green.... Banana and satsuma with 2 activia 0%, cup of tea (hea) Coffee with sweetener and 2 alpen light bars (heb) 2 mug shots with marmite, large salad, fruit salad Diet coke and banana Sweet potato, onion and normal potato rosti, quorn sausages (2 syns) with broccoli Options hot choc (2 syns)

My initial thoughts are, do you measure your milk or just guess, if you're guessing you could be having too many syns, 4 syns a day is not really enough try & have a few more it won't affect your weight loss, check the mugshots are free & not syned, some have syns in them, try & have more superspeed foods & mix things up a bit.

Hope that helps.

I STS last week and was a bit disappointed...I've never eaten so much fruit and veg in my life. But,if you look on the threads, it happens to everyone, STS or gain. Your body gets acclimatised to your new diet, and sometimes you just stay put. Don't get disheartened, and don't give up.
The Mugshots, I was told that the ones with
RED WRITING, are the better ones to have, and NOT the BLACK, lots more calories. Only thing I can see is the lack of veggies? I was told to make sure my plate is 1/3rd filled with veg, and usually I have broccolli, cauli and carrots. You can have any veg if you buy frozen...I prefer to buy fresh blanche it and fill the freezer so I've always got some on hand. HTHxx
ps, I'm no expert, just doing everything by the book...and I'm not an adventurous cook either, just plain old fashioned I suppose .......good luck x

Back