Advise please

You will gain initially, but remember it'll be a combination of fluid, actual food in your system, and your body's reaction to beginning to feed it properly again. But it WILL come off again once your body realises it's going to get a regular supply of 'fuel' and can let go of its excess stores. No-one wants to maintain a 'healthy' weight by starving themselves, so by taking the steps to recover and actually lose while eating normal amounts of healthy food- you're the winner in the long run!
I'm 100% sure if you asked any personal trainer (i.e. a qualified person!) at your gym about your cal intake/exercise level they'd give the same advice as we have?
Good luck, I know it's hard- I've been there done that and didn't believe anyone either, but its worked.

Its great to hear that someone else has been through this, tried it and it has worked. I wouldnt mind so much about initial gain, providing I can get a few pounds gone in time for the wedding in August.

I am going to do this.

Its great to hear that someone else has been through this, tried it and it has worked.
Thats the spirit!
Good luck. :)

Good luck Shelz, I'm sure you'll do fine! I haven't been on long enough to reply to this thread lately but the advise you've been given is very wise! Let us know how you get on won't you?

So, after a week of upping, fair enough not quite to the 1200 or what additional exercise allows, am back to 9 stone 8.5. Going to keep going for another couple of weeks and see what happens.

Do you think I should stick to the 800-900 I did last week or go the whole hog and go 1200 daily? I have been trying to make it healthy calories.

go the whole hog and go 1200 daily? I have been trying to make it healthy calories.
^^ That!
It's easy to eat 'healthy', it's getting the balance right is the tricky part. You need to look at the bigger picture (i.e. the rest of your life) and try to train yourself to eat 'normally', even after your reach your goal?
Well done!

well done on the 1/2lb loss shelz!! :D

gradually up them to that amount and see what happens.

The balance isnt too hard to get really once you get the hang of it :)

Are you planning out your meals before the day starts? I find that helps me to get the balance right and means I can work out more ways to fit more fruit/veg in on paper.

Keep going!! :D

I do try to. I think I am going to try and up to 1200 a day everyday regardless of exercise now.
Yayyyy!!!!:D:happy096:

Well today is the last of the 14 days of my eat more experiment. I am very curious as to what the scales are going to say in the morning. I knew what they said last Monday (9 Stone 8.5) so I'm hoping there is some improvement on this.

Argh, know I am not going to want to stand on them!

Well its worked. 9 stone 6.5 today. That means a loss of 2lb since last Monday. I am going to stick to it for a few more weeks now. 2lbs a week I am more than happy with. :)

Woop, thanks for all your help and advise with this. It is much appreciated.

Back