Advise PLEASE!

I have our first family holiday abroad booked for 1st May 2012. It is an all inclusive holiday and I have decided to eat and drink that week. I will be sticking with more of a protein diet and keeping alcohol intake as low as I can ;)

I asked the pharmacist if I should do a re-feed week, the week before I go, due to not wanting any tummy troubles while I am away and also knowing that my liver is tender when in ketosis. The pharmacist seemed to think I would be okay to miss the re-feed week and just eat mainly protein when I am away and little alcohol.

I intend returning to LT 100% when I return and then doing the re-feed and maintenance when I am at my goal weight.

I would like to know what others think about doing a re-feed the week before holidays or not? Thanks in advance :)

I have been told by my pharmacist that it is vital do do refeed before any event as if not done properly the weight will go back on more quickly. It's not worth not doing refeed after all your hard work, if in doubt I would give lipotrom a ring.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi, I'm no expert on this as haven't started it yet properly, but have read that any alcohol while in ketosis is really dangerous, and read that if you don't refeed correctly and just start eating carbs again you can put on about 12lbs super quick, think its mostly water and stuff, but would be disheartening! I think you should refeed just to be on the safe side, it would be a shame to ruin your hard work :)

Hi, I'm no expert on this as haven't started it yet properly, but have read that any alcohol while in ketosis is really dangerous, and read that if you don't refeed correctly and just start eating carbs again you can put on about 12lbs super quick, think its mostly water and stuff, but would be disheartening! I think you should refeed just to be on the safe side, it would be a shame to ruin your hard work :)

It won't hurt you doing a re-feed because you have enough time. Also it may help keep you focused on healthy eating whilst on holiday too. And remember just because it is all inclusive that doesn't mean you have to eat everything all the time.

Enjoy the holiday x

I'd definately do the refeed otherwise when it comes to your next weigh in you'll be kicking yourself and then you'll have regrets and thats no way to remember a fantastic holiday! Do the re-feed and then if you do put back on some weight it hopefully won't be as drastic as it would be if you didn't do the refeed.
Best of luck and enjoy your holiday xxxxxxxx

If you eat the right things, and aren't greedy, then there is no reason that you should put on weight. Remember LT is just a tool to take the weight off and to give you time to re-programme your eating habits. Use your holiday wisely to be the new you still and not a reason to over indulge.

Also, check out what alcoholic drinks you can have, or change too, to keep carbs lower.

Re-programme your brain!! Because we are not allowed stuff like milk I stopped taking it in my coffee, I'm a massive coffee fan, and so I continued this even when back on food - each little change helps in the long run.

Lisa x

Back