Aerobics

DecemberBride2008

Needs to succeed
I went to aerobics/boxercise last night for the first time since starting CD. I felt fine doing it, but I just want to double check that its ok for me to continue.

I have been attending aerobic classes on and off since January, and go to aerobics/boxercise on Monday, aerobics on Tuesday and Step aerobics on Wednesday (how I'm not slim I will never know lol!)

Is it ok for me to continue with these classes while on SS or should I cut down?

Thanks in advance
xx

Hiya,

I just put a thread on called 'Exercise' cos i was asking the same thing. Icemoose replied to it with useful info (he's a CDC) might be worth a read, will answer your question too.:)

Good Luck hun, and good on you for being eager to tone up and keep fit with your weight loss. :eek:

When I started cd I was already attending aquacise classes once a week, and in my first week of cd I started aerobics and still do, an hour a week. I also follow a couple of exercise dvd's in the evenings, including Charlie brooks and callanetics and also jump on the rowing machine for half an hour (not all on the same day though) And I walk as much as I can. I can honestly say I have felt fine doing all this, however, this is not to say that EVERYONE would cope with this amount of exercise. Do what you can but listen to your body...don't jump into vigorous exercise but build it up gradually. And stop if you need to. I have to say that walking and callanetics are fantastic!

what is callanetics? I've never heard of it!!

I went to aerobics/boxercise last night for the first time since starting CD. I felt fine doing it, but I just want to double check that its ok for me to continue.

I have been attending aerobic classes on and off since January, and go to aerobics/boxercise on Monday, aerobics on Tuesday and Step aerobics on Wednesday (how I'm not slim I will never know lol!)

Is it ok for me to continue with these classes while on SS or should I cut down?

Thanks in advance
xx

If it is excercise that you are used to then you are fine to carry on with it :)
Listen to your body though and drink that water ;)

callanetics is like old skool pilates. google it and you should find some info. It was an exercise programme used for people with back problems....fantastic for toning!!!!! You can really feel the muscles you've worked afterwards! No jumping around and getting sweaty, just different movements, stretches and poses. I'd recommend it to everyone :)

Back