Afghanistan weight loss diary - C25K WK1,2,3,4+5 - Complete!

Re: Afghan weight loss diary! Shred day 5!

how many sun beds / standing up sessions should I have... I was thinking 1 a week......

Hi Hon, just wanted to catch up on your diary. You are doing really well. I haven't been home for the last couple of days, so couldn't do Shred. Going home late this evening, so I'm planning on having a go again in the morning. :eek: Hope you have a good few days and I'll catch up with you soon. :)

Ive done it! Ive ordered the 30 day shred.... should be here middle of next week! Im so up for this, Im fed up of being a chunk! I want to be sleek and slim! I think Im going to take it a bit slower then the dvd suggests though, Im going to stick at one level until I can do the advanced part then move onto the next level

SammyE said:
Ive done it! Ive ordered the 30 day shred.... should be here middle of next week! Im so up for this, Im fed up of being a chunk! I want to be sleek and slim! I think Im going to take it a bit slower then the dvd suggests though, Im going to stick at one level until I can do the advanced part then move onto the next level

Good on you Sammy... good luck... take it as easy as you want to hun, and slowly build up

you are doing well. a couple of things...

exercise - yes it does slow down the losses a little prob right at around .5lb a week or a fortnight. however, because you do the exercise the fat is turning into muscle. these weigh the same but have a different density so therefore a 1lb of muscle takes up less room in your body than a 1lb of fat even though they still weigh 1lb - the same. you will tone up when exercising and will look slimmer. so although you might be a few pounds short of goal you will look more amazing than someone that has not exercised and your dress size will be smaller.

body brushing. i love doing this but make totally sure that you are brushing towards your heart. so if you do your neck brush it down to your heart, legs up from the feet to the thighs. :)

how many sun beds / standing up sessions should I have... I was thinking 1 a week......

go for twice a week chick... you can always drop down or add another closer to the time if you need to... sorry about late reply, not been on laptop! xxx

Hi Hon, just wanted to catch up on your diary. You are doing really well. I haven't been home for the last couple of days, so couldn't do Shred. Going home late this evening, so I'm planning on having a go again in the morning. :eek: Hope you have a good few days and I'll catch up with you soon. :)

hiya babe, how are you feeling today? hopefully loads better!! the last thing you should be thinkng of is shredding, just get better first!!! xxx

wooohooooo!!!! well done hun!! the first time (this time) im doing it to the letter, but will be doing the same sort of thing your doing the next couple of times.. going to try and do it 3 times before April... hmmm good intentions and all lol!! let us know how you get on chick, and welcome!!! xxxx

you are doing well. a couple of things...

exercise - yes it does slow down the losses a little prob right at around .5lb a week or a fortnight. however, because you do the exercise the fat is turning into muscle. these weigh the same but have a different density so therefore a 1lb of muscle takes up less room in your body than a 1lb of fat even though they still weigh 1lb - the same. you will tone up when exercising and will look slimmer. so although you might be a few pounds short of goal you will look more amazing than someone that has not exercised and your dress size will be smaller.

body brushing. i love doing this but make totally sure that you are brushing towards your heart. so if you do your neck brush it down to your heart, legs up from the feet to the thighs. :)

Hi love,

thanks for stopping by,

iv actually lose more weight than last week already and 4.3 inches, so not to worried to be honest, if i was loosing 1lb then id go back to swimming zumba and my ab work out, but determined to stick with this shread!

have got my running pram up from london as well so once iv finished the shred going to start running again cant wait!

had a good read about body brushing before i started to make sure i was doing it right and yep - always to the heart! thanks hun, its so important for those doing it wrong to know that theyre probably doing more harm than good!

hope to hear how your diet is getting on soon!

xx

Just wrote a huge reply about my week and lost the lot! aaarghhhh!!

cant be bothered writing it all again haha will update through teh week!!

diet wise - nothing new... same old loving it haha

excercise wise - 2 days off a full week shredding on day 8 today!

lost 4.3 inches in 7 days doing it and will put photos below that the beautiful Nicki made for me! i cant see a change but she promises there is so here we are!

thanks for all your wonderful support loads of love to u all xxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s lissy just pulled herself up to standing for the first time!!! dont tell peter he doesnt knwo lol xxxxxxx

Attachments

• lauren.jpg
    lauren.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 110

Oh that's fab hunny.:. She is growing so fast...

I can't see the pic but that's cause I don't have much reception to load it so ill looks when I get home tonight.

You are amazing in keeping up with the shred. You seem like you have had a busy week.

Take it easy

god she really is, i cant wait to see peters face he wont know her hahah

guna do my shred at lissys nap time today as no way i will have the motivation at 7 ish tonight when shes gone to be - the novelty has deffinately worn off haha

must keep shredding!

will finish what iv started for once in my life!

speak soon hun have a fab weekend xx

Have just checked my over all inch loss from day 1 of CD...

Iv lost a whopping 17 inches!!!!!!

Oh my god! I actually can't believe it!

17 inches - that's huge!!!!!!

I would love to have made like a body cast at the beginning so I could step into each week and see a difference!!!

Xxx

Wowsers, 17 inches? :eek: :D

Amazing!

Still, you must have some clothes that used to fit but must hang off you now, right?

I kept a pair of jeans from when I was at my biggest. They're ma-hoo-ssive on me now! Good to keep something like that, actually. Makes you appreciate how far you've come! :D

have got my running pram up from london as well so once iv finished the shred going to start running again cant wait!

xx

oooooooo, which running pram have you got? i've got a baby jogger performance, the limited edition one. have used it quite a bit but find it a lot harder to run with the jogger no matter how excellent it is. :D

wow 17 inches !!! does your cdc not measure you chick ? I get measured every other week x

You really are fantastic and to stick to it 100% aswell is an achievement in itself xxx Peter isn't going to know you or Lissy xxx he is going to be one proud hubbie and daddy xx

I can defo see a difference in those pics! Well done!

My dvd turned up today... day 1 done, got through the whole thing without having to stop, ache a bit now but not too bad... not looking forward to waking up tomorrow though haha.

Wowsers, 17 inches? :eek: :D

Amazing!

Still, you must have some clothes that used to fit but must hang off you now, right?

I kept a pair of jeans from when I was at my biggest. They're ma-hoo-ssive on me now! Good to keep something like that, actually. Makes you appreciate how far you've come! :D

oh absolutely!! well done u hunni!! most of my clothes stil fit although im currently living in leggins so they kind of shrink with u lol, my jumpery dress thingies are getting baggier though, they used to fit where they touched lol xxx

oooooooo, which running pram have you got? i've got a baby jogger performance, the limited edition one. have used it quite a bit but find it a lot harder to run with the jogger no matter how excellent it is. :D

ooh god nothing as exciting as yours haha its just the mamas and papas 3 series, probably not even a running pram, but its a doddle to push doesnt feel like its there!! soon as iv finished the shred im off, used to run 2 miles a night round my local marina just because, so wonderng what i will be able to do since im motivated to get this weight off!!

iv challenged hubster to do the great north run next year, so will see just how fit we can both get, i love that its something we can do together! x

wow 17 inches !!! does your cdc not measure you chick ? I get measured every other week x

You really are fantastic and to stick to it 100% aswell is an achievement in itself xxx Peter isn't going to know you or Lissy xxx he is going to be one proud hubbie and daddy xx

hi hot stuff,

nope mine doesnt measure, shes too busy laughing like a horse and talking about herself and how much of a **** head her ex husband is! she runs a drop in clinic so never time to chat or anything but suits me fine, wish i was in an out, she keps me talking ages so still takes like an hour!!

xxx
I can defo see a difference in those pics! Well done!

My dvd turned up today... day 1 done, got through the whole thing without having to stop, ache a bit now but not too bad... not looking forward to waking up tomorrow though haha.

wahye!!! ah Sammy thats fab babe!! welcome to the cool gang haha kidding, are you in Nickis grop of facebook? got to update in there in a bit!!

how u feeling today?!?! haha xxxx

How do you like your eggs in the morning? i like mine still in the box...

how do you like your toast in the morningggggggg? i like mine on someone elsessss plateeeeeeee!

Good morning everyone!

Well had a bit of a fiasco yesterday, my phone was stolen from Asda, i was sobbing my heart out in front of the customer services desk (yes, yes i know i can never show my face in ther again) as its peters main way to contact me, has photos and videos on he hasnt seen etc..

2 hours later after 37 missed calls that were ignored, my mum sent a message along the lines of, my daughter is distraught, her husband is currently serving in afghanistan an that phone has irreplaceable photos on of the 9 month old baby he hasnt seen in over 2 months etc...

low and behold i soon got a call from a good samaritan who had "found it" and didnt want to give it to customer services as "you dont know what people are like nowadays"

long story short went to pick it up and have it back! never felt relief like it lol

so was a bit manic yesterday!!!

Today however....

IT'S MY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

This time last year i was in the hairdressers having my hair done and being beautified for the best day of my life!!

I cant believe its been a year already! i'm sure a lucky lady! cant wait for peter to get home to celebrate!!

this year has been one of the hardest of my life, iv:-

1. had a baby.
2. hubby went to kenya when lissy was 10 days old for 6 weeks.
3. while he was away i relocated and moved 230 miles away from all my family with just a 4 week old baby
4. learnt how to live with peter and all our faults
5. faced deployment and still am...

and yet im still smiling!

i dont like to do things by halves!!!

anyway... diet...

Nothing to report, just cracking on as always!

Ecercise, did day 8 last night with my friends worked my jacksie off - did ALL the butterfly crunches, and did the highest of everything with 1kg weights... reallllllly felt the burn but loved every second!!

Really struggled on day 7 but found my ooomph again thank god!

have my first (other than my calf being tight)shred related injury lol my sports bra has cut right into my shoulder and its bleeding and sore... going to put some sort of pad under the strap tonight (yes im even doing it on my anniversary - thats dedication ! kidding lol) .

Cant wait for tonight going to work just as hard!

Have a christening today, then home to chill with the little one and hopefully receive a call from my hero!

Hope you all have wonderful day, happy shredding to my fellow nutters!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ouch that sounds sore !

oh hun what a year you've had !!!! and still smiling :) :) thats what I love about you !

I love how you make this diet sound so easy, you honestly don't know how much it motivates me - I'm really struggling at the moment (think its cos I know I can eat in 2 weeks lol) but your voice is always there lol x

Keep going huni you are doing so fab - I cannot wait until February when Peter sees his new wife :) xx

Re: Afghan weight loss diary! 17 inches gone!

Sounds like your doing really well, I must start body brushing and at some point I must open my shred DVD, had it for 4 days! Ha, won't work sitting in it wrapper in my kitchen will it!?
By the way, what is TFR? Or is that a stupid question I should know the answer to?
X

I amazingly feel ok! My arm pits ache a bit... but other then that I feel fine, I expected to hurt more!

Oh hun, I can imagine how you felt over the phone, when Adam was in Afghan I dropped my mobile and it broke, I went to O2 shop to see if they could fix it or give me a new one and when they told me they would send it away but I wouldnt get a replacement phone, I had a total hissy fit, ended up sobbing "but you dont understaaaaannnndddd" the poor lad looked terrified haha Im sure he had never had some1 react so badly at being told they wouldnt have a phone for a week but its the little things that most people wouldnt even consider that matter the most when your OH is deployed...

TFR is total food replacement Karen :)

ouch that sounds sore !

oh hun what a year you've had !!!! and still smiling :) :) thats what I love about you !

I love how you make this diet sound so easy, you honestly don't know how much it motivates me - I'm really struggling at the moment (think its cos I know I can eat in 2 weeks lol) but your voice is always there lol x

Keep going huni you are doing so fab - I cannot wait until February when Peter sees his new wife :) xx

aw babe, how u getting on today? didnt realise you were having that much of a hard time... it absolutely is because you can eat in 2 weeks... i would be thinking.. of i may as well just eat now... keep going chick weve got to get these 10lbs off!!! imagine the difference in you, even more than now, cos theres nothing of you now so 10lbs will be huge!!! xxxx

Sounds like your doing really well, I must start body brushing and at some point I must open my shred DVD, had it for 4 days! Ha, won't work sitting in it wrapper in my kitchen will it!?
By the way, what is TFR? Or is that a stupid question I should know the answer to?
X

lmao Karen, if only it worked sittingin the wrapper i would have a whole stack of them targetting every area hahaha

stupid excercise dvds!!

let me know when you start hun! xxx

I amazingly feel ok! My arm pits ache a bit... but other then that I feel fine, I expected to hurt more!

Oh hun, I can imagine how you felt over the phone, when Adam was in Afghan I dropped my mobile and it broke, I went to O2 shop to see if they could fix it or give me a new one and when they told me they would send it away but I wouldnt get a replacement phone, I had a total hissy fit, ended up sobbing "but you dont understaaaaannnndddd" the poor lad looked terrified haha Im sure he had never had some1 react so badly at being told they wouldnt have a phone for a week but its the little things that most people wouldnt even consider that matter the most when your OH is deployed...

TFR is total food replacement Karen :)

ahhhh that must of been awful, i think i would of actually reached across the counter and violently shook the fella until he gave me his own phone lol

yeah it was awful, funny that it was the worst iv felt since peter left lol

made up your feeling ok hun, i dont hurt at all now when i do it... although movin up to level 2 soon so expecting to feel like im back to day 1 sort of thing...

xxxx

Back