Afghanistan weight loss diary - C25K WK1,2,3,4+5 - Complete!

hey hun... maybe you do have your sights a little high, but still you need to set in your head what you feel is right. you dont seem to be in the mind that oh well sod it im gonna just start eating food...
i do hope that you can lose more next week, make sure you drink loads more now that you are doing the shred... and if you are finding its slowing down the weight loss, then stop... there is time for toning, later... although personally i feel toning all the way through is better...

huni don't beat yourself up - 38lb in 7 weeks is amazing amazing amazing !!! I have only exercised the last two days so not sure if made difference but will know nxt week. Up the water too thats what I'm gonna do cos exercise dehydrates more xxxx WELL DONE YOU STAR !!!!!!!! XX

PS thats 4lb off 3 stone !!! bloody amazing

Hi babe, yeah iv been drinking a litre with doing Jillian.. drinking about 4 litres a day now, but iv alwasy drank at least 3 litres a day its all i drink not a tea or coffe fan so alwys got a bottle of water with me!!

lost the plot a bit yesterday, but im back haha

xxxxxxxxxx

Check your measurements Laura, if your doing a lot more exercise your muscles will be holding more water but you should get physically smaller!

Im considering the 30 day shred but a few people said it might not be a good idea on TFR, how are you finding it?

Hi hunni,

iv taken measurements day one of this programme and will do them once a week, so fab idea, hoping to see inches going, and if thats the case then the scales can gain if they want lol

im finding it fab on TFR hun, its not major cardio its more strength and abs so exactly what i want it for - my problem area is my tummy after years of being an apple shape and then gaining 5stone pregnant so just what i need to pull my stomac in... let me know if you are starting we have a thread in the Cambridge section as theres a few of us doing it, and Kes has one in the xenical section so you will have loads of support!!

Thanks for your help hun, lost the plot a bit yesterday but back to my usual self today! xxxx

hey hun... maybe you do have your sights a little high, but still you need to set in your head what you feel is right. you dont seem to be in the mind that oh well sod it im gonna just start eating food...
i do hope that you can lose more next week, make sure you drink loads more now that you are doing the shred... and if you are finding its slowing down the weight loss, then stop... there is time for toning, later... although personally i feel toning all the way through is better...

oh god the thought of food scares the living daylights out of me haha in this for the long run hiding from food as much as possible!!

im the same hun, want to tone from day one hence all the ab work outs etc so going to stick with it regardless, inches will go even if pounds dont - got my straight head back on today, and feelign amazing, the fact that im sticking to this shred is enough of a boost and makes it worth carrying on, need to get my excercise sorted now, or else i will put all the weight back on, its that simple!!

xxxxxx

Firstly a HUGE THANKYOU to the beautiful ladies who gave me the shake i needed yesterday!

Im back, straight head back on, and thrilled to have lost almost 3 stone in 7 weeks!!!!

Day 4 of the shred today, and i will be doing it in about an hour and a hald as i have my zumba clas at 7 tonight...

cant give up my zumba i love it, and determined to follow this shred through to the letter so giving myself a good few hours in between for recovery!!

feeling amazing today, even though im sore, i still cant wait to pick up my weights and burn more fat! this shred is addictive, i cant wait until we can say oh yeah were on day 26!! haha

i knwo its working as my stamina is twice what it was on day 1... already!

plus iv got my 2 best mates doing it too now, one is 2 days behind and one is 1 day behind, and they love it too!

its made me feel amazing to think iv got them to improve thir fitness too, and hopefully iv inspired them as theyve seen how well im getting on!!

In such a wonderful mood today, love my hubby and lissy loo, love my life, love that im doing something for me and SUCEEDING for once... theres no way im going to fail this time im too determined and have the most wonderful goal!

Loads of love to you all hope you have as good a day as i plan to have!

Thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh forgot to add...

Body brushed day 3 yesterday, but wont be doin git today - stupid me burnt myself on the sunbed hahaha

so far too pink and ouchy to brush!!

will do it tomorrow!!

still using my cream and bio oil - my friend actually said my strechmarks where almost gone she was amazing as they were quite angry from having the baby... so must be working! will keep u updated

xxxxx

duh I typed laura instead of lauren haha was talking to a girl at work called laura when I was typing... Sorry! I think TFR is affecting my brain waves haha cant multitask anymore!

Im going to buy the DVD when I get paid this week, I carried most my weight around my stomach and the tops of my arms are horrible, I hate them, really want to tone as Im losing the weight, dont want to get to goal and then still hate the way i look because Ive got loads of loose skin!

Your doing fab and remember... even if your not at goal when you want, you wont be far off and your still be a hell of a lot smaller then you were when you started! So what if it takes you another few weeks! Its still a really short time if you think about how long it took for the weight to be put on!

You might have a week with a smaller lose, then have a bigger lose the next week, just keep going and your get to your goal!

hun im so pleased that you are more happy today, and that you are focused again!... :)

good luck doing the shred, and also zumba. and i hope you are not too sore tomorrow! :)

honey - you really are my inspiration I really mean that - you keep me going and I'd be lost on this plan without you !!!!! xxx

I tried to post from my ipod but it wouldnt let me for some reason!

You are so upbeat and positive and it really rubs off on me haha :) And I don't know how you stay motivated to do all the exercise! As moley said, you really are an inspiration to lots of us :D

I tried to post from my ipod but it wouldnt let me for some reason!

You are so upbeat and positive and it really rubs off on me haha :) And I don't know how you stay motivated to do all the exercise! As moley said, you really are an inspiration to lots of us :D

i hate replying on my ipod now, it was ok when no was interested in my diary lol but now iv got loads of lovely people dropping in to say hiya it gets too confusing haha

im no inspiration babe, iv said it before, if i was i wouldnt of got 8 stone over weight! xxxx

honey - you really are my inspiration I really mean that - you keep me going and I'd be lost on this plan without you !!!!! xxx

ah my lil love! same to u chick, its so fab to know you as were both in the same boat, plus its a breath of fresh air to see how well youve coped compared to some of the wives i know!!

Zumba was easy!!! i swear it was nothing on Jillian lol

either that or my fitness has improved already?!?!

xxx

hun im so pleased that you are more happy today, and that you are focused again!... :)

good luck doing the shred, and also zumba. and i hope you are not too sore tomorrow! :)

thanks sweet, how you doing?? will pop in your shred thread and see how your getting on!

zumba was a doddle.. although i am worried about tomorrow haha just as well my mum and dad are both off incase i get stuck haha xxx

duh I typed laura instead of lauren haha was talking to a girl at work called laura when I was typing... Sorry! I think TFR is affecting my brain waves haha cant multitask anymore!

Im going to buy the DVD when I get paid this week, I carried most my weight around my stomach and the tops of my arms are horrible, I hate them, really want to tone as Im losing the weight, dont want to get to goal and then still hate the way i look because Ive got loads of loose skin!

Your doing fab and remember... even if your not at goal when you want, you wont be far off and your still be a hell of a lot smaller then you were when you started! So what if it takes you another few weeks! Its still a really short time if you think about how long it took for the weight to be put on!

You might have a week with a smaller lose, then have a bigger lose the next week, just keep going and your get to your goal!

ah thats ok chick, iv been called alot worse haha

im the exact same, my stomach is the bain of my life lol its always been bad but having my beautiful daughter destroyed any chances of every having a bikini body lol

oh i know hun, iv already lost 3 stone which is hugeeee so he will be gobsmacked as it is... iv got about 11 weeks til hes home, so can you imagine if i lost 5-6 stone, he wouldnt know me!! and then would only have 2-3 to target but like you say that can be done over the next 10 years as ong as i dont regain im happy! after he goes back iv about 9 weeks... so if i loose a stone and a half im almost there! if i dont.. well i will look a damn sight better than i did in October when he left!!

Speak soon hunni, make sure u let me know if u buy it so we can cheer u on with us!!!

xxxx

Hi my gorgeousesssssesesss!

Sorry havnt updated today, afer Shred day 4 i didnt think id ever be able to type again haha

kidding, just been busy preparing christmas boxes for u know who!! theyve all got to be sent by friday to get to afghan before christmas... madness!

Anyway,

Shred day 4.

used weights again and felt the burn literally from the warm up to the cool down!

my endurance realy shocked me, the skipping i find hard as im so heavy its alot of weight goign straigt up - and then obviously crashes back down, but managed to get through all the cardio without pausing for breath including the skip....

my other hard bit s the squat and punch... but again found i sunk twice as low today and really felt my thighs burning - shedding fat every second so im really thrilled!!

My ab part is always the easiest but think thats because i had been doing my ab workout for a good while before i started - i missed the last few of the bycicle crunches AGAIN but has made me more determined so hopefully, fingers toes the lot cross, i will manage it tomorrow!! it has become another mini goal!!

I am so proud of myself, i need to remember i still weigh a whopping 17 and a bit stone, thats alot of weight to shift an seeing the videos on youtube, non of the people doing it have an ounce of fat on them so for me to throw my mass round lol i mst be doing well!!

Tonight.

well as you all know im a zumba addict!

had zumba tonight and was dreading it a bit as still sore from the shred, got there and just went for it, found i had more energy than ever, and really enjoyed myself, felt like i was one of the "better" ones there which was FANTASTIC!!

going to kepe up my zumba as i know i can do both now, although i will be sacrificing my swims i think just common sense really.. something has got to give im having no rest days and eating bugger all lol

the last thing i want to do is get ill and have to come off plan, stop the excercise and gain all the weight plus more, so listeining to my body and being sensible!

Have been in a wonderful mood again today,

got 2 - yes 2 letters off my hero :D <---- my face, and my weights arrived in the post lol so yep iv been on top of the world lol

Its a hard job being a forces wife, but i think im doing a pretty good job at it, wouldnt have it any other way!

Love to u all

Think thin and always smile xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

you are doing a fantastic job huni - and I know what you mean - I get fed up of wives moaning on - for gods sake be proud of them and get on with it its their job deal with it ! I would never ever ask sam to leave and I know its hard on him not seeing charlie but he wouldn't last five mins in civvy world. My brother was in the army - he was a PTI instructor and seargant was in for 16 years and then unfortunately died :( not through army but an illness he had. He lived for the army and his wife constantly nagged him to come out and he resented her big time for it.

Anyway I've gone off on a tangent there I guess what I'm trying to say is I love how you are so proud of peter and so happy all the time, it could be quite easy to mope around. good on yer xxx

Hi Lauren, just caught up. Been reading on my phone but can't reply on there - think its something to do with your thread title being too long for the iphone ??

I think you are doing so amazingly well and the way you are doing it is definitely the way forward. Even if the scales don't move as quickly - your body shape will change hugely and you will BE slimmer even though you may not be lighter - and to be honest, no-one weighs you when you buy clothes do they - its size that counts not weight and you will certainly be losing size.

I looked up Zumba on youtube (as you talk so enthusiastically about it) and tried it for 10 minutes - its knackering! but seems fun. I wish there was a class that worked timewise for me. Might have to get the dvds and just do it at home -although I think that a lot of the fun would be the group atmosphere.

You are going to be a lean, mean, toned machine. xxx

its not the thread i dont think. its the title. it has to be less than 85 characters long for the app to accept...
but im sure when lovely is ready to change it (she will make it shorter hehehe) and we will all be able to app away at her. hehehe

i wanted to ask you a question... your sun bed you burnt yourself on... why/ how did you do it..... i just wanna know thats all, because ive been going to the sun cab (standing one) at the gym for a whle now, and they do 5 mins... and it does nothing... so ive found a place that does longer. but dont obviously wanna burn to a crisp!!

Lmao sorry girls. Title short enough now? I do waffle lol

Will reply on laptop when I get home xxx

you are doing a fantastic job huni - and I know what you mean - I get fed up of wives moaning on - for gods sake be proud of them and get on with it its their job deal with it ! I would never ever ask sam to leave and I know its hard on him not seeing charlie but he wouldn't last five mins in civvy world. My brother was in the army - he was a PTI instructor and seargant was in for 16 years and then unfortunately died :( not through army but an illness he had. He lived for the army and his wife constantly nagged him to come out and he resented her big time for it.

Anyway I've gone off on a tangent there I guess what I'm trying to say is I love how you are so proud of peter and so happy all the time, it could be quite easy to mope around. good on yer xxx

thats what annoys me chick, there all going on about how fed up and miserable they are, and its like - take a moment to think how your hubby is feeling! they dont realise the days go twice as quick if you smile through them! iv spent the last 7 weeks planning surprises etc it makes the time fly, plus obiously iv got my diet to focus on to make my scummy man proud!

ah babe you must be so so proud of your brother! 16 years is such a long long time,what a hero!! his wife probably made every day of that a struggle for him as well... makes you wonder what they expect!

youve got to be happy chick, imagine if we werent, we would be suicidal! instead look what we have achieved! amazing really... xxx

Hi Lauren, just caught up. Been reading on my phone but can't reply on there - think its something to do with your thread title being too long for the iphone ??

I think you are doing so amazingly well and the way you are doing it is definitely the way forward. Even if the scales don't move as quickly - your body shape will change hugely and you will BE slimmer even though you may not be lighter - and to be honest, no-one weighs you when you buy clothes do they - its size that counts not weight and you will certainly be losing size.

I looked up Zumba on youtube (as you talk so enthusiastically about it) and tried it for 10 minutes - its knackering! but seems fun. I wish there was a class that worked timewise for me. Might have to get the dvds and just do it at home -although I think that a lot of the fun would be the group atmosphere.

You are going to be a lean, mean, toned machine. xxx

ah babe i deffinately think you would have more fun at a class... its tough goin trying to be motivated in your living room - iv learnt that this week with the 30 day plan we are doing...

stick with the zumba though, as you get better it becomes more fun... plus i expect the videos on youtube are all super skinny nut cases from america?? i think id turn it off too.... my instructor and most others iv heard about over here are fab... i hope they start another class by you soon that fits!

Thanks for your support babe, means alot, really overwhelms me sometimes just how wonderful you all are, iv said it before, i feel like were all going to be stood there on peters home coming day lol

xxxxxxxxxx

its not the thread i dont think. its the title. it has to be less than 85 characters long for the app to accept...
but im sure when lovely is ready to change it (she will make it shorter hehehe) and we will all be able to app away at her. hehehe

i wanted to ask you a question... your sun bed you burnt yourself on... why/ how did you do it..... i just wanna know thats all, because ive been going to the sun cab (standing one) at the gym for a whle now, and they do 5 mins... and it does nothing... so ive found a place that does longer. but dont obviously wanna burn to a crisp!!

woopsie, iv sorted it now chick lol!!

right lady - sunbeds... im somewhat of a professional tanner lol be that a good thing or not haha

i worked in sunbed shops for 3 years as a second job and gave up when i was pregnant as was working 14 hour days!

Go to a propper tanning shop, and ask how often the sunbeds are retubed, you want a shop that look after the sunbeds... the ones in the gyms are used for months and months without being retubed, so you may as well be stood infront of your fridge light bulb!

depending how dark or your light your skin is and whether or not you burn in the sun.... either do 3 minutes or 6 minutes the first time... if you start to get tingly get off... dont try and tough it out cos youll end up like me!!

the reason i burnt is i havnt been on for nearly 2 years with having the baby... so started off having 6 minute sun showers during the day, went on in the evening without realising and it was red hot so my own stupid fault!

i used to do 15 minutes every day.. crocodile handbag comes to mind haha i just want a bit of colour now!

anyway stick with the 6 minutes for a good 5-10 sunbeds then if you feel you want move up to 9 ... obviously be very careful before your wedding..

use a cream as well as you loose up to 60% of your tanning time if your skin is dry!

hope that helped chick, happy tanning!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys,

just to let you know im going to stay in my father in laws tonight and then mother in laws thursday and so wont be about much,

i might do a quick update on my phone but it drives me mad and cant reply to u all as my phone looses the plot!

So, will speak to u all at the weekend, which isnt far off!!

loads of love and happy slimming

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:( me miss you lol x have a fab time xx

Ahh Facebook me Hahah

I get it to my phone!
X

Ooh and hodge your shred stats in your sig!!

Iv done a shred chart for the fridge and I'm crossing off the days we've done!! Xx

oooh yeah - shred days are my countdown :) :) looks like its the 8th instead of the 7th he'll be home now so got extra days shredding lol - I'm going to send him out with Charlie for 20 mins a day once he's home. :D

Back