Afghanistan weight loss diary - C25K WK1,2,3,4+5 - Complete!

love it... and well done little one on rolling over... i bet your oh is chuffed to bits that you will be able to show him!!!!!

yes let us know how zumba goes!

Aw good luck hun! I was an Army Mrs for 8 years so know what those horrible deployments are like, keep strong and just imagine his face when he see's the new you!

Aw good luck hun! I was an Army Mrs for 8 years so know what those horrible deployments are like, keep strong and just imagine his face when he see's the new you!

god were all popping out the woodwork lol, it is so lovely seeing others! doing well with the whole deployment thing, im so motivated with weight loss its kind of sat on the back burner which can only be a good thing, he thinks i dont care about him tho lol xx

love it... and well done little one on rolling over... i bet your oh is chuffed to bits that you will be able to show him!!!!!

yes let us know how zumba goes!

yeah hun hes absolutely made up! not spoke to him today but when he found out last nigt he was ecstatic!! xxx

Uh..well..here's hoping so! Haha maybe he will get trick or treated in the process haha I'm so mean I'll stop lol.
I know my mum was chuffed too it's so cute! I can't wait for Bella to just crawl I think it's adorable!! Haha oh bless her it's first time Bella's done it generally she likes that it makes a noise, everything goes in her mouth even my phone :( so I bought her her own in Tescos it's a princess one. Obviously not a real one haha but when you press the button it says "don't you just love being a princess!" haha it did the trick! Is Alyssia a mummy's or daddy's girl? Or both? Bet he misses her so much. X

il ask hubby to dig loads of holes haha! Lissy is deffinately a daddies girl, when he gets in from work if he pops his head in and then goes to leave to take his jacket off etc she goes mad until he picks her up for a kiss ha then hes free to do whatever!! yeah my iphone4 is constantly getting sucked, waiting for it to stop working! and out remotes... all knackered ha xxx

YOU ARE INSPIRING MRS! You are sharing warts and all - it proves you are normal and not afraid to say it like it is. Plus you are so positive and that is inspiring!

Hubby was in Royal Artillery for 22 years. He left 2 years ago on retirement. He taught at Larkhill. He loved the Army and I think he misses his mates and the fact people gave a **** at work where as where he is now, well - civvies just have a different outlook to a squaddy.

oh how wonderful! my father in law was in the artillery for a long time, absolutely loved it! was in NI and bosnia i want to say?? think bosnia lol

thatw exactly what OH says, he could never go to a civvy job now and have sme snot faced 17 year old telling him what to do after all hes done!

warts and all is all me lol, no point looking at things through rose tinted glasses, i think if i did that it would lead to a breakdown lol!! thanks for your kind words hun, its lovely to hear from you xxx

So..... ZUMBAAAAAAAAA

oh my god what a laugh!!

Lesson 1 taught me... sports bra is DEFFINATELY required, as is a dark coloured top so the sweaty armpits dont stick out!!

had an absolute ball though, it was so so fun, it was so busy they were turning people away so glad we got there early!

didnt feel like id done a work out as was so fun, laughed all the way through, loads of booby shaking (hence sports bra required for my gigantic knockers HH :eek: ) and bum wobbling!!

music was fantastic, and its deffiantely a class where you can self improve...

there were people all shapes and sizes, and for once i wasnt the fat girl in the class! There were the ever present barbie dolls in lycra top to toe, but then our average "bubbly girls" like me lol

really would say to EVERYONE give it a go it was amazing and cant wait until next tuesday!

No news from hubby today, but sent him a giant Liverpool flag and the papers, oh and some halloween sweeties, just in case he runs out haha im clearly eating by proxy!

goodnight godlbess xxxxxx

So..... ZUMBAAAAAAAAA

oh my god what a laugh!!

Lesson 1 taught me... sports bra is DEFFINATELY required, as is a dark coloured top so the sweaty armpits dont stick out!!

had an absolute ball though, it was so so fun, it was so busy they were turning people away so glad we got there early!

didnt feel like id done a work out as was so fun, laughed all the way through, loads of booby shaking (hence sports bra required for my gigantic knockers HH :eek: ) and bum wobbling!!

music was fantastic, and its deffiantely a class where you can self improve...

there were people all shapes and sizes, and for once i wasnt the fat girl in the class! There were the ever present barbie dolls in lycra top to toe, but then our average "bubbly girls" like me lol
really would say to EVERYONE give it a go it was amazing and cant wait until next tuesday!

I also go to a Zumba class on Mondays and I absolutely love it! I haven't been for a couple of weeks as I've been working nightshift, but I'm going on Monday again and can't wait! Glad you like it too! :)

Hehe more then you would expect huh? Its good to have something to keep your mind busy while they are gone. I found it got harder the closer it came to when he came home, I think because it was so close but still not close enough, I used to drive myself crazy hehe.

Good luck with your diet! Make sure you take some before and after pics so we can all see how you do and just think about the dress you can wear at the next ball! I hated the balls cuz the skinny girls always looked so much nicer then I did :(

Hehe more then you would expect huh? Its good to have something to keep your mind busy while they are gone. I found it got harder the closer it came to when he came home, I think because it was so close but still not close enough, I used to drive myself crazy hehe.

Good luck with your diet! Make sure you take some before and after pics so we can all see how you do and just think about the dress you can wear at the next ball! I hated the balls cuz the skinny girls always looked so much nicer then I did :(

iv taken my before ones lol will put them on when iv got mid way ones! yeah the balls are so clicky and *****y, need to look fabulous!! or just get rotten drunk lol

keeping busy is helping so far, but yeah think it will get harded on teh countdown for RNR n then the final push! will get there though, im an expert at plodding on!! xx

I also go to a Zumba class on Mondays and I absolutely love it! I haven't been for a couple of weeks as I've been working nightshift, but I'm going on Monday again and can't wait! Glad you like it too! :)

oooh tats good that you go! do you get better at it lol, we were all over the place?!?! x

Well last night was hurendous,

When your husband/family member goes to afghan or iraq or whereever, your batallions welfare office take your number and provide a text service, whereby when a soldier is killed they text you to inform you...

the message says along the lines of " we regrettably inform you that a member of the irish guards battle group has been killed in afghanistan, next of kin have been informed"

my best friend called me last night frantic tellign me she had had this message and had i.... i hadnt.. so panic set in well and truely... only thing that kept me sane was that it said next of kin had been informed and obviously no one had knocked on my door. so put it down to them having my wrong number...

all the wives were on facebook panic stricken, especially as our boys have only been there 14 days... it all hit home just how serious this is...

anyway, i emailed peter on FAcebook and got a reply at 3am, so finally got to sleep!

Turns out it was an Engineer who s attached to the Irish guards bless his heart, my thoughts are with his family, what an awful time for them.

i rang welfare this morning and someone had enetered my number wrong they did have the right number on paper but typo! so fingers crossed i will never have to feel like that again!

funnily enough food was the last thing on my mind, usually i woulda been stuffing my face!

woke up this morning feeling great again, although heart broken for the poor family...

trying to stay positive and so going to have a sunbed - my treat instead of food, and thinkin og going for a swim if ic an persuade my mum to babysit lol

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh hun. How horrible. lets hope that doesn't happen again..

exactly chick.. thinking positive and focusing on the good stuff!! xx

Oh Lauren, I know exactly what your talking about my ex lost two guys in his last Afghan tour, my heart stopped when I got the news, legs went weak, although it wasnt my boy, it was someone I knew and it brings it all home more doesnt it.

Late night calls, texts or ANY knock on the door used to make my heart stop

Samme i know exactly what you mean,

when i was 17 i was dating a soldier from the Kings regiment, unfortunately he never came back and it was the worst time of my life, when i got with peter he was just a civvie and didnt tell me he had signed up and was waiting for his date as he knew what had happened so when he told me i nearly died my self..

iv told him if i see 2 fellas knocking on my door i refuse to answer it... last night i felt sick to my stomach, but got to stay positive, surely it cant happen twice...

my biggest worry is like you, knowing who it is.. secially if its any of our friends..

cant think like that though, so instead starting to plan a huge welcome home party/bbq for them all!

xxxxxx

oh hun thats so sad.... well lets hope and pray that it doesnt happen again!

**hugs**

Oh Hon, that's so sad. I'm glad your hubby is ok though. Sending you lots of hugs. x

He'll be home before you know it! :) What these boys put us through though! hehe

ah sorry girlies, didnt mean for u all to be concerned, im fine about it all now, everything happens for a reason, and i truely believe Alan was sent to me to show me just how much i can love someone, i also believe that he sent me Peter and iv never for a day taken him for granted because of what has happened in the past!!

Had a lovely email from my hubby confirming his RNR dates, he got the dates he wanted so he will be home for our beaitufl girls 1st birthday, i cant think of a better present for her and one we will all remember!!

feel like im a bit boring saying the same all the time, but diet was a doddle today!!

just had my last shake as was out with my friend today, feel like it all a bit to easy lol

not knocking it mind!

hope your all wonderful xxxxxxx

oooh tats good that you go! do you get better at it lol, we were all over the place?!?! x

Hi Lauren, ummm it does get easier, but I still find the Cha-cha bit really hard. It stays fun, though! :D

Thanks Tess, good to know im not a hopeless case lmao!! xx

Had a bit of a weird one today.... thinking about food by accident but not at all wanting to eat it! kept telling myself off for thinking about all the yummies i woudl normally be stuffing into my giant face lol but happy to say resisted and stayed positive!

also got a call from hubby, funny how much one call can cheer you up! he was so so made up with me, hes always supportive, whatever it takes for me to be happy, i deffinately landed on my feet, didnt realise someone as normal as me could be so lucky in life!!

Just got back from the swimming baths, swam 60 lenghts in 60 minutes so a lenght a minute! hoping to cut a minute off after a few times!

going to go again before weigh in so i will have done 3 hours of activity by then!

saw a sign on the pool side which was good...

30 minutes in the pool is the same as 45 minutes land excercise...

30 minutes steady lane swimming burns at least 200 calories...

so hopefully i burnt over 400 calories tonight which is basically all my shakes!! woohoo!!

high five for excercise lmao! never thought id say that!

on an excercise high now, best go to bed before my mum punches me lol

goodnight godlbess everyone, tomorrow is going to be a great day!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lauren, wow well done on your 60 laps in the swimming pool! Not sure I'd manage that many to be honest. I might try and go swimming with my daughter when I'm off next.
You are really doing well. Hope you sleep well. :)

I didnt think id be able to do it either chick but just got on and did it!! felt great for it! and slept better than i have in weeks! always find it hard to sleep on VLCD diets, its as if i have heaps of energy!! xxx

Back