After much deliberation......

baby_callalillies

....I've decided my need to be slim and within a 'healthy weight range' is much more important to me than giving in to food cravings!!! ;)

I'm proud of what ive achieved over the past 8 months, but i want to be normal for once in my life. Since puberty, i've always been chunky...then fat and ive always hated the way i look and been very depressed and sad at how i look. When i started CD in january, i set a goal of 10 st, which is still overweight for my 5ft 2 in frame...but for me it was a million miles away from anything i had ever been as an adult. However, the closer i got to this goal, the less i stuck to Cd as i got complacent and those 12/13lbs didnt seem so far away!

Then.... i realised that if i thought like this i would spoil how far ive come by always being these 12-13 lbs away from goal. I havent achieved anything over the past 2 weeks, so, back to the drawing board i went. What do i really want to achieve this year, with the ONLY diet i know works and will get me there????

I WANT to be slim, and considered healthy by the medical profession, and i want to stop grading myself on numbers from scales or clothing sizes....maybe the psychology of the BMI works better. Im hoping that when i reach a BMI of 23, then i will be happy with whatever size nature intended.

Now i have 27lbs to go - it seems like such a mountain now, but for me seeing a larger number means i know i have to put that bit more effort in. For once, im being honest with myself.

Sorry for the long post..... just thought that if it was written down, then i would be shamed into sticking it out.

I need this place more than ever.

This week has made me realise, the last few pounds are the most important to me, and the hurdles i overcome are more satisfactory.

No idea how stabilisation and maintenance will be, but i will be in a better place when the time comes. :D

Good luck everyone on your journeys, we are all amazing to have come as far as we have.

Anni :):):):)
xxxx

Last edited:
aww...thank you ;-)

Well done on your 4 stones, its such an achievement! You will be super slim by the time you go to NY. Ive started my own little NY fund for next year ;-)

xxxxx

Last edited:
lol @ your £30 for NY :D made me smile

You can go really cheap to NY via Expedia!!! and prices start from about £350 INC flights!!! you dont have to pay mega amounts!!! thats for 3 nights ! :D obviously the hotels wont be The Ritz at that price,...but its New York and you wont be in the hotel much ! :D

Hope that helps ya fund lol x

i totally understand your need to get to "normal".....its where so many of us desperately want to be in the long term :D
I think your being very sensible hun!
i have fiddled around with my goal weight a couple of times, but all of them have been within the healthy BMI range. I know its not always the best guide to go by, but its all the Drs etc go by so its good enough for me!

Have you decided which plan your going to do this on? Back on SS?

xx

Hi Lizz

Yeah, back onto SS! I was SS+ then tried 810, but i think for me it was too early to try food!

Im scared at the prospect of never having CD products in the cupboard though!

Must drink water til im peeing 10 times a day lol

lots of love n luck for your surgery (fingers crossed tightly you get it one day) you deserve it ;-)
xxxxxxxx

Hi

Im scared at the prospect of never having CD products in the cupboard though!

This is slightly worrying hun!
The joys of CD are only ever there as a temp measure and you certainly shouldnt be scared of not having that crux there!

I will miss some of the products, but i certainly dont plan on having them there longer than they are needed! :D

With 95 pounds already consigned to the fat bin, you really can achieve the final 27 pounds. You sound very positive - New York sounds a great motivator. I have heard that its since shut down but I stayed at a very centrally located hostel with no air conditioning (it was end of August) and cockroaches in the bathrooms. I stayed for a week and could not have a bath or shower, although there was a sink in the bedroom. It was quite tragic really, because the local equivalent to social services was using the hostel to accomodate otherwise homeless women, some with evident mental health problems, and the women had been residing there for years.
Oh crikey, how did I get onto that?
Good Luck baby-callalillies!

Oh, and I was an impoverished student at the time, just in case anyone thinks I am a very mean bargain hunter, ha ha!

Blingbabe.... ive seen those hostel type places on t'internet...not good!! we last stayed in Times Sq in a lovely hotel! got another one booked for TS again cant wait.. you have to go again dont you once is never enough !

Funnily enough I really didn't like New York. Okay when we went it was under a foot of snow, incredibly cold, and we both ended up with gastroenteritis, but even before all that I wasn't keen. Much preferred Washington DC, now I'd love to go back there :)

Back