After Plateau

MissAma

Silver Member
I posted not long ago that I am stalling again to my desperation. I had 10 days of nearly no modification in weight. - I'm 110% SSing so it had nothing to do with the intake-.

Without any tweaking (more water, less coffee, etc) and with no connection to TMOT, looking at my stats I seem to be Woosh-ing -to use a new term- I lost 1lbs per day in the past few days!:D

So ladies hang in there, no matter how much we don't quite understand how this is, no matter how many days/weeks we stall for, it WILL all come off at the same average as long as we're patient and doing it by the book.

*Positive Affirmation of the Day - over*

Wow that's fab and just exactly what I need to hear.
Could you tell me your weekly losses in pound please?

Well done MissAma
Thats fantastic hon........ it is horrible when you feel like your coming to a standstill I find myself hopping on and off the scales some days and they hardly change..
Well done you your doing so well....and thanks for sharing xxxx

Thank you ladies.

broxi I'm afraid I don't have them like that. I Wii weight every morning -I know, obsessive- and record it in a weight log if I get the chance. But essentially between 30th of May and the 11th of June I only lost 1 lbs! And then 11th of june to today 5.8 lbs!

Thanks MissAma, that is helpful for me to know that I'm not alone with this and very encouraging to hear about your recent success x

Well I'm glad it helps. I'm not satisfied, far from it, I'm a greedy weight loser ;) but just wanted to let people know this can and does happen.

KD if you're reading this, is there a scientific explanation outside of random water retention and TOTM that justifies plateaus and then rapid loss?

KD if you're reading this, is there a scientific explanation outside of random water retention and TOTM that justifies plateaus and then rapid loss?

I don't think anybody really knows why we retain water during TOTM. Theories abound though with some people putting it down to secretion of an anti diuretic hormone, and others saying it's to do with blood sugars dropping leading to a release of stored sugar from cells, which then fill with water...or something like that :D

Your BMR also fluctuates during TOTM.

I'm very glad I've finished with all that :D

I'm very glad I never have it thanks for the injection!

Anyway, great loss MissAma, it's encouraging to hear that when things slow.
I've slowed this week (am daily weigher), but hoping I'll step on the scales in the morning and have lost loads!!!

Back