ahh need some help quick....hubby gone shopping!

loolahoop

Silver Member
ok, i have done really well this week after a poopy week last week which resulted in me STS :(
but so far have been 100% (day 3) but i always struggle n a friday, and right now im feeling like i wana eat sugar, soo fancy biscuits and cake!! but im gonna be good and ive drunk a glass of water and im gonna ignore it!
then hubby has just informed me he is gonna buy biscuits!! (my weakness!) and i know him he will come back with big cookies and foxs choc melts etc!!
i need some straight talking and fast!! how do i resist! my will power is just not fully functional today!!
any tips? how do i ignore him sitting there stuffing his face when thats all i wana be doing right now, but at the same time really dont wana coz i know how ill feel after?
n avoiding him isnt a option either lol he wants to watch a film together!

Chop up some fruit to snack on... get a free yogurt... refuse to watch the movie if he's going to be stuffing his face with goodies.

But in all fairness, the best advice I can give you is... decide how you want your WI to go this week, and then either eat the biscuits, or don't lol

Chop up some fruit to snack on... get a free yogurt... refuse to watch the movie if he's going to be stuffing his face with goodies.

But in all fairness, the best advice I can give you is... decide how you want your WI to go this week, and then either eat the biscuits, or don't lol

good advice! yes that has actally put it into perpective for me lol ! i only have 1lb to go for my 2st and i was really hoping for it last week but wasnt 100% and STS :( so if i fook it up for myself again i will be devestated! lol so yeh, no biccys for me!! they r gross anyway (trying to convince myself here!) full of fat and sugar...ewww... i know i will just feel my arse growing if i eat one! ;) lol
imgonna ring him n askhim to get me a punnet of raspberries!! :) lol

thankyou Mandy! xXx

No need to thank me.. I did nothing but make you think before you ate. The will power is all yours! Well done, what a great choice you've made, hun!
And in fairness, for the amount of syns in biscuits you could have a mini choccie bar! That's shocking! Biscuits are a waste of syns haha. I gave up all chocolate and crisps and feel so much better for it. Now I can use my syns in food and make it tastier.

i know just worked out the syns and 4 syns each :O
and just to think i would easy sit and eat a whole pack n npt think anything of it...and that would be after my pizzA!! lol actually makes me feel kinda ill to think how i used to eat lol

It makes me sad, that I used to think so little of myself as to literally inhale all that fatty food. Don't get me wrong, I do still enjoy a treat every now and then, but I'm no longer eating like it's going out of fashion lol
Over the years I've tried every sort of diet, Lipotrim, WW, starving myself... I never stuck with any of them longer than two weeks. I've been on SW now since September 2011... I'm so delighted that I found something that works for me.

It makes me sad, that I used to think so little of myself as to literally inhale all that fatty food. Don't get me wrong, I do still enjoy a treat every now and then, but I'm no longer eating like it's going out of fashion lol
Over the years I've tried every sort of diet, Lipotrim, WW, starving myself... I never stuck with any of them longer than two weeks. I've been on SW now since September 2011... I'm so delighted that I found something that works for me.
oh definitely! this is the 1st time ive done it properly! i lost weight years ago but that went waaay too wrong and ended up with an ED :( then with help i was "cured" and went the complete opposite way! *sigh* so my thinking of food has never been great! lol i think thats y i love SW so much, ive only been doing it since end of march and just the way i think about food ..and myself tbh! has changed so much! i do still have a wobble and panic with "bad foods" like last night for example, ad i know if i start then it ends in a full blown binge, but with some straight talking, and support - like i received from you last night i can get over it and just have a nice snack, like raspberries :) lol and this morning im feeling great, but if i had eaten all that hubby come home with (tub of ice cream, 3 packs of biscuits and HUGE bar of fruit and nut!! - so supportive is my hubby!!) then today i would be feeling completely cr@p and prob would have had another bad day of eating lol but i feel great and today is gonna be another 100% day!!
i know you dont think u did much mandy, but ur kind words really did help :) from hubby all i get is aww have a night off! grrr lol!

"Aww have a night off," really means, "I don't want to eat alone."

Eaters like being around other eaters. I know, I'm an eater myself (or I was!) and my best friend is the same. So many times we've actually said to each other that it's lucky we never lived together, or we'd be big as houses. Fat and happy haha.

Getting to a place where you have a good relationship with food, (not over eating, nor starving yourself) is one of the toughest things in life. There's no public transport... you have to do it on your own two feet.

I'm thrilled you had a healthy snack last night, while your hubby ate himself silly, and that you're feeling so good about it today. Be proud of yourself. You can totally do this!

xMandyDx said:
"Aww have a night off," really means, "I don't want to eat alone."

Eaters like being around other eaters. I know, I'm an eater myself (or I was!) and my best friend is the same. So many times we've actually said to each other that it's lucky we never lived together, or we'd be big as houses. Fat and happy haha.

Getting to a place where you have a good relationship with food, (not over eating, nor starving yourself) is one of the toughest things in life. There's no public transport... you have to do it on your own two feet.

I'm thrilled you had a healthy snack last night, while your hubby ate himself silly, and that you're feeling so good about it today. Be proud of yourself. You can totally do this!

My bezzie's are both just as bad as me in their own ways. Ones an eater and one never eats a real meal just occasional rubbish but smokes like a chimney. TBF it's been hard quitting smoking and losing gaining losing five stone in the last 18 months lol. (went from 17 to 12...quit smoking and went up to 15 and am now working my way into the low 14's again lol) I've just had to leave them in the garden stuffing mcdonalds and smoking with wine.....drive home....eat a big SW meal.....and head back later when i'm feeling my willpower is strong enough lol. Luckily I don't drink anyway coz resisting all 3 would kill me!!!!

Have you tried explaining to your husband just how important this is to you? He sounds like he is sabotaging you and if you could flip that around and get him to support you instead wow how much easier your journey would be. Sadly food both the giving and sharing esp of treat food is a highly charged emotional thing and the last thing you want is this to drive a wedge between you, maybe he loves you as you are and you need to explain just why losing weight is soooo important to you and then maybe he can jump on board perhaps he is frightened you might change and you need to reassure him its not about him its about you and you wont change or expect him to you just really really want to be slimmer. men are very goal orientated and if you get him on board he could really help you xxx

Back