Ainsley Harriet lentil dahl!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi, has anyone tried Ainsley Harriet's lentil dahl? I got it from Tescos with all the pasta & sauce, savoury rice etc (it's in a dried form). It was really yummy and I ate the lot (it's meant to serve 2!) Because I couldn't find it in the Food Directory or online to syn it I used the SW syns calculator and by entering 'lentils' as the main food under the green category, it came out as free on Green and EE and 24 syns on red! I'm hoping this is right as I find it hard to trust the calculator sometimes! Has anyone else tried it or synned it?:confused:

here you go my dear :)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ainsley Harriott Dahl Lentil, excluding yogurt, dried 100g cooked[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4½ Syns
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Oooh thanks HayleyJ123! I'm glad you're in agreement! It's just that as well as the lentils you pour in this big sachet of powder (spices etc) which has thickening agent in it and that's the bit I don't trust!! XXX

Did you add the yoghurt to it? I haven't tried this yet and might give it a whirl this week! Do you think free yoghurt would work if you HAVE to use it?

is it nice? if so need to look out 4 it i luv dahl its nice and filling :) x

I've seen it in Asda and it's expensive for what it is. You could get a huge pot of home-made lentil dahl for less. But I suppose in an emergency it would be good to have in the cupboard if it's syn free. :)

Yes it was a quick fix thing!! Ooh yes guys it's gorrrrgeous!! It was so filling! I actually mixed some Quorn chicken pieces into it, which admittedly made it into quite a pricey meal, but it did make 2 meals so that wasn't so bad!! The Ainsley wild mushroom bulgar wheat is also lovely!!X

I had this and it was gorgeous (I didn't add yogurt). I know I could have made dahl myself, but I was already making a curry and syn free onion bahjis so felt justified in cheating a little on the dahl. (It was better than the version I make too. Possibly even better than the one from my fave Indian takeaway as it was a bit thicker and had more varied grains in it).

I think this is a brilliant store cupboard item and will def be buying it again.

I had this and it was gorgeous (I didn't add yogurt). I know I could have made dahl myself, but I was already making a curry and syn free onion bahjis so felt justified in cheating a little on the dahl. (It was better than the version I make too. Possibly even better than the one from my fave Indian takeaway as it was a bit thicker and had more varied grains in it).

I think this is a brilliant store cupboard item and will def be buying it again.

Yayyy, go Lucky, go Lucky.........X

Following all of your recommendations, I've just bought a packet of the Lentil Dahl and the Wild Mushroom Bulgar Wheat to try. Intending to make up at home and take portion to work for warming up in microwave with some chicken, prawns or turkey. Will leave feedback when tasted!

Following all of your recommendations, I've just bought a packet of the Lentil Dahl and the Wild Mushroom Bulgar Wheat to try. Intending to make up at home and take portion to work for warming up in microwave with some chicken, prawns or turkey. Will leave feedback when tasted!

Try the creamy vegetable spelt too! I was REALLY impressed with that!XXX

I've had this and I added cooked cauliflower and potato and it is absolutely stunning! I had it with rice... I've now got a couple of packets in the cupboard... Mmmmm!

This sounds fantastic...will definitely get some for those "eek, what on earth can I eat" moments!

I love this with the syn free curry loaf :)

It's lovely with some hard boiled egg and mixed frozen veg added as well. A real store-cupboard gem of a product.

Lucky7 said:
It's lovely with some hard boiled egg and mixed frozen veg added as well. A real store-cupboard gem of a product.

Just had this for tea, was lovely and sooooo filling I couldn't finish it all!!! (and that is very unusual for me!)

Back