Air waves chewing gum

jfc

Silver Member
Ive got ear ache and a sore throat...in the past I have chewed very strong menthol air ways gum to give me relief from the pain.

I am on AAM week...If I limit myself 2 2 squares a day will it hurt?

Jennyx

Hi Jenny, sorry to hear you're not feeling very well! I have chewed sugar free (including airwaves) gum all the way through Cd and it hasn't hindered me at all! I think it's best to say just try it and see - but don't let it make you hungry and crave food!

Sarah x

Hi jfc,

Chewing gum is one of those debates for and against...

For some chewing gum will take them out of ketosis and for others like Sarahjj and myself it does not bother me.

So if you are feeling unwell and you think chewing gum will help you will have to find out for yourself does it make you more hungry or not.

If your throat and ears are very bad you might need to see your doctor for something.

When are you for holidays as I believe flying with an ear infections is not recommended?

Love Mini xxx

hi again

Just got back from doctors....was seeing him about valium for the flight, mentioned my ears and he got me to pop them by doing a sneezing action and he said as they are still mobile its ok too fly but I have antibiotic drops for an inflame ear canal....just as well to check I guess

Just wondering is it safe to take valium on an empty tummy? Should I have my AAM prior to taking it just in case...didnt check that out and I saw a locum today not my normal doctor who knows about my VLCD

Jennyxx

I seem to have no appetite at the moment and forcing myself to eat the chicken and veg...so not worried about the gum knocking me out of ketosis as I dont want to eat at the moment anyway (probably a combination of nerves, excitment and fear of not fitting my clothes!)

Jenx

hi again

Just got back from doctors....was seeing him about valium for the flight, mentioned my ears and he got me to pop them by doing a sneezing action and he said as they are still mobile its ok too fly but I have antibiotic drops for an inflame ear canal....just as well to check I guess

Just wondering is it safe to take valium on an empty tummy? Should I have my AAM prior to taking it just in case...didnt check that out and I saw a locum today not my normal doctor who knows about my VLCD

Jennyxx

Hi Jenny,

I seem to have no appetite at the moment and forcing myself to eat the chicken and veg...so not worried about the gum knocking me out of ketosis as I dont want to eat at the moment anyway (probably a combination of nerves, excitment and fear of not fitting my clothes!)

Jenx

Hi Jenny,

Try and eat as you will feel a lot better, it is only a little food and I think it would be a good idea to have some food to line your stomach before taking valium for your flight.

Did you get enough for both ways? Going and coming home again..

What day are you for off?

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini

I was given 10 5mg tablets of diazepam. The doctor told me to take one an hour and a half before flying and then if needed one when in the air so I should have enough unless we are severely delayed. Reading the leaflet in the packet they have an accumalative affect and can be addictive but I think the few I have wont cause me any problems. Quite interesting reading the list of things its used to treat. Alcoholics take it to calm the shakes when they are in withdrawal.

I am looking forward to my holiday, just a shame my ear is playing up. I have had this in the past...Otitis externia if I remember correctly and it was a bit of a pain to clear up. Hopefully this will be ok before I fly but even if it isnt I guess I should put something in it when I go swimming etc....(cant bear to miss out on the pool or sea when I am in the heat!)

I have just noticed under your sig that you too started on Lipotrim. Did you do this through your pharmacist or Doctor. I got very bored with the flavours (or lack of them) and for some uknown reason he was unable to get hold of the flapjacks!...(although I was told that they taste like Cardboard!)

Have a great day Mini

Love

Jennyxxxxx

Back