Total Solution Aisha's Exante Adventure

Aiiiiisha

Hi Everyone

My name is Aisha and I started my weight loss journey with Exante yesterday. I lost 7st 4lbs12 years ago after being diagnosed and treated for hypothyroidism and I've been yoyoing the last 2st since.

My starting weight is 12st 10lbs and my target weight is 10st. Well tbh I have a goal size as clothes go by sizes and not by weight lol So the dream is to go from a size 12/pushing on 14 to a comfortable size 8/10.

I'm not exercising at the moment but I'll try and fit in 30 min kettle bells workouts from week 3 on Exante onwards.

I've decided to stay on total solution for most of the next 4 weeks but I will follow working solutions on the days that I eat out with family or friends.

So here goes...

Day 1 05/11/2013 - Total Solution

Breakfast - Strawberry Shake and green tea

Mid morning - Green tea

Lunch - Half a toffe, nut and raisin bar and green tea

Mid afternoon - remaining bar and water.

Dinner - chocolate shake and green tea.

Fluids for today - 2L mineral water, 1.2L green tea (4x300ml mugs) and 250ml coke zero.

My first day wasn't too bad. I had a few rumbly tum moments but nothing that a glass of water couldn't get rid of.

Think that's all for now and I shall be posting today's diary a little later :)

A

Last edited:
Well done so far Aisha. If you keep going in the same way you'll soon reach your target.

Well done so far Aisha. If you keep going in the same way you'll soon reach your target.

Thank you so much for the encouragement Lynne it really means a lot. I've been reading your posts in the Exante section of the forum and they have given me the push to stay focused - you are a star :) xx

A

Thanks Aisha. I'm not the most focused dieter but I guess I do show that the weight comes off with persistence!

Thanks Aisha. I'm not the most focused dieter but I guess I do show that the weight comes off with persistence!

100%!

I'm glad that I've decided to join minimins as part of my weight loss journey so lovely people like yourself can keep me on track and hopefully my diary might encourage others some day too :)

I have a question for you if you don't mind...I've seen the Tesco Ultraslim bars being mentioned - can I have those whilst I'm on total solutions?

A

Yes you can have the Tesco bars as a meal instead of the exante ones but you can still only have one bar meal a day. (I would have 3 exante bars a day if I could!) The Tesco bars are also very nice but I prefer the exante ones.
How did you lose 7 stone previously? That's a massive amount to lose.

Yes you can have the Tesco bars as a meal instead of the exante ones but you can still only have one bar meal a day. (I would have 3 exante bars a day if I could!) The Tesco bars are also very nice but I prefer the exante ones.
How did you lose 7 stone previously? That's a massive amount to lose.

I've always liked cereal bars so I quite enjoyed the toffee, nut and raisin bar that I had for lunch yesterday. I may buy some Ultraslim bars if I get bored of the Exante ones.

Well the first 5 stones literally fell off 5 months after I started taking thyroxine for an underactive thyroid. I slowly lost the next two stones over 2 years with slimming world. I couldn't see myself ever being 17 stones ever again and it feels strange when I look at old photos of myself :-/

A

You must look very different. I've lost just over 2 stone now and have another 4 to get to my target weight so in total that's only a stone less than you lost. I don't want to lose it too quickly as I'm worried about getting loose skin. Well done for losing 2st on SW too. I've done WW and SW a number of times over the years but I'm afraid I'm not disciplined enough for them and always end up cheating.

You must look very different. I've lost just over 2 stone now and have another 4 to get to my target weight so in total that's only a stone less than you lost. I don't want to lose it too quickly as I'm worried about getting loose skin. Well done for losing 2st on SW too. I've done WW and SW a number of times over the years but I'm afraid I'm not disciplined enough for them and always end up cheating.

I look totally different it's as if I've done a "Monica" from Friends - I've lost a whole person in weight lol

Luckily I didn't have a problem with loose skin because I lost most of the weight when I was 17 years old so my skin was more elastic then (I don't think I can get away with that now :-/). I do have stretch marks that I've learnt to accept.

I used to love SW but I started bingeing and I eventually got bored of restarting it again so Exante seems like the way forward for me.

I'm sure that you will get to goal in no time with your positive and determined attitude :)

A

Good afternoon Aisha and good luck on your Exante journey xx

Right so it's my 2nd day on here and I'm ready to rant already....

British Gas are a shambles.... I've had 6 engineers come out to fix my boiler in the past 10 days and each one has made it worse than the last engineer. I've had to ring there office multiple times where no one knows what going on because nobody seems to update the system. I've had to delay my builders from working on my kitchen multiple times because because their engineer either hasn't turned up at the time that they have said they would or they haven't bothered turning up at all.

I really want to type an angry face on here but I don't know how to on the iPhone app - I think that's frustrating me more than British Gas at the moment lol

Luckily enough this hasn't affected my diet. Usually I'd be reaching for some chocolate to calm my nerves by now but I've been a 100% so far **polishes halo and re-reads what she's just written in astonishment**

Ok so here's my diary for today:

Day 2 06/11/2013 - Total Solution

Breakfast - Banana shake and green tea

Mid morning - Green tea

Lunch - Half a chocolate orange bar and a green tea

Mid afternoon - remaining chocolate orange bar and water

Dinner - I'll be trying the vanilla shake with a shot of coffee :D :D

Fluids so far for today - 2L mineral water, 900ml green tea (3 x 300ml mugs).

A

Last edited:
Oh em geeeee!!!

I made the vanilla shake into a latte today by mixing the shake in the shaker with 2 tsp sweetener and then I poured it into a mug with a spoon of coffee and popped it in the microwave for 2 mins as suggested on another thread. I think I'll be drinking all of my vanilla shakes this way because I love my hot milky drinks and this really hits the spot

A

Good afternoon Aisha and a massive well done for not turning to chocolate yesterday!

Hope you're having a fab day today xx

Hope you're day is going well, I think we started at the same time :D I will be taking advice from your diary, having 1/2 bar at a time, feels like you're eating more regularly? Have a fab evening :D

Good afternoon Aisha and a massive well done for not turning to chocolate yesterday!

Hope you're having a fab day today xx

Thanks GigglePants :)

I've not had much luck with my boiler today either but I decided to give the area manger at British Gas a call instead of reaching for the chocolate cupboard lol I've had a 100% day so far so I'm chuffed at that too :D

Hope you're well hun xx

Hope you're day is going well, I think we started at the same time :D I will be taking advice from your diary, having 1/2 bar at a time, feels like you're eating more regularly? Have a fab evening :D

Hey Lux!

Welcome to my diary :D I don't know about taking advice from my diary because it's my first time on Exante but you're more than welcome to read my ramblings and help keep me on the straight and narrow lol

Yes I find that I'm quite full after I have my shake for brekky so I split my bar into two so I get to have something with my tea in the afternoon - better than reaching for the biscuits I suppose lol

How have your first few days on Exante been? Have you got a diary on here?

Hope you're having a lovely evening xx

Hi Ay

Hi Aisha. You're doing really well. Hope you get your boiler sorted soon!

Hey lovely people :)

Today was a good day for me Exante wise. I woke up and downed a pint of water and I wasn't hungry so I had a late brekky at 10:30am. Lunch was at 3pm and it's 8:30pm and I'm not hungry at all yet. I know that one of the signs of ketosis is that you don't feel hungry so I'll see this as a positive thing.

My abs are feeling flatter already but I've decided not to scale hope so I won't be weighing in until Tuesday.

Here's my diary for today...

Day 3 07/11/2013 - Total Solution

Breakfast - Hot chocolate made by heating the chocolate shake in the microwave for 2 mins.

Lunch - Half of a toffee, nut and raisin bar

Mid afternoon - Half of a toffee, nut and raisin bar.

Dinner - Banana shake

Total fluids - 3.5L water & 300ML green tea.

Back