Total Solution Aisha's Exante Adventure

Morning All!

I'm having a good morning so far..had a shake for brekky, I've had 1.5L water already and I've been told by my mum that my bum and tum both look smaller :D

I double checked my email and my meal packs should arrive this afternoon so I'll be reporting on those tonight :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely day xx

Hiya Alisha. You really are doing so well. I can't wait to see your result tomorrow xx

Ok so my meal packs arrived and I made the carbonara up as directed...it was watery and mine needed to be microwaved for 3 mins instead of the 2mins as per instructions. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and I found it too rich for my tastebuds so I don't know if I'd have that one again :(

I think I'll try the shepherds pie tomorrow because quite a few people on here seem to like that one.

It's weigh in day tomorrow and I'm feeling kind of nervous :eek:

Here's what I ate today...

Day 7 11/11/2013 - working solutions

Breakfast - Banana Shake and a black coffee

Lunch - Half a fruit & nut bar and a black coffee

Dinner - 2 cubes chicken tikka, 2 cubes lamb tikka and just over half a carbonara meal pack - I just couldn't finish it :(

Dessert - Other half of the fruit and nut bar from lunch - not because I wanted it but because I needed to make up the lack of vitamins from not finishing my carbonara :-/

Total fluids - 3.5L water, 500ML Sainsburys strawberry and kiwi water and 600ML black coffee

Last edited:
Oh and my stomach is kind of bubbling today...don't know if it's because I've had some "real food" go in there or if it's the carbonara lol :eek: :eek:

Well done Aisha! Sounds like you had another great day :) I tried Shepherds pie today, it was nice. The mushroom risotto definitely was not to my taste though. good luck for weigh in tomorrow!

Hey Lani

Yes my thyroid really got me down when I first got diagnosed but I've learnt to accept it over the years. It's best to listen to your body and adjust the diet a little rather than put your health at risk. Well done for doing just that and I'm sure that you'll be healthier and much happier with your weight/size wayyy before you're 30th :)

Well my belly bloat has definitely gone down so something is happening :D We'll just have to see what the scales say on Tuesday :p

Hope you're having a fab time at the wedding hun xx

The wedding went ok, didn't eat a thing...but drank my own body weight in alcohol...oops. Never mind, I'm having two good weeks now as no social events until the 22nd (never thought I'd be pleased by having nothing to attend before lol). Hope you are all getting on ok....you all sound really positive :)

Well done Aisha xx

Evening All

I've been a busy bee today and I've not managed to drink as much water as I have been over the last week. It's only 6 pm so I'm hoping to down some more over the next few hours.

I bought some ketostix from the chemist today so I'll check to see if I'm in ketosis in the morning :D

I had the spaghetti bolognaise today and I wasn't taking any chances after my manky carbonara from last night so I added some spices to it and it tasted nice. I've posted the recipe in the recipes section if you'd like to try it.

Here's what I ate today:

Day 8 12/11/2013 - Total solution

Breakfast - Banana shake and a coffee

Mid morning - Black coffee

Late lunch at 5pm :-/ - spaghetti bolognaise.

Dinner - Shepherds pie with fresh coriander leaves and a little freshly chopped green chilli...my tastebuds are alive! This was absolutely yum :D

Total Fluids so far - 1L water, 1.5L sainsburys strawberry and kiwi water, 600ml black coffee, 300ml boullion and 250ml coke zero.

Aisha

Last edited:
Morning people

I had a really hungry night last night :( Now I don't know if it was because I had two meals and a shake instead of shakes and bars but my stomach was rumbling at 5am this morning. I'm going to try two meals again today and see if it happens again tonight.

I tested my urine with the ketostix and it's a lovely blush pink coulour (3rd darkest) so it looks like I'm in ketosis :D

I've been having granulated sugar in my coffee up until yesterday and that had carbs in it so I've swapped that for some zero carb sweetener tablets as of this morning so I'm hoping that will help give me a better reading on the strips in a few days time :)

I'll be back with my menu a little later. Hope everyone has a beautiful day xx

Aisha

Hey, hope the hunger pangs have gone....even when i'm in ketosis i'm still a bit hungry, have just learnt to live with it lol.

Wish I liked tea and coffee, I am a bit fed up of water and the occassional coke zero...I might try experiementing with the occassional heated up chocolate shake to mix thiungs up a bit (living the dream ha ha)

Hope today is going well :)

Hey, hope the hunger pangs have gone....even when i'm in ketosis i'm still a bit hungry, have just learnt to live with it lol.

Wish I liked tea and coffee, I am a bit fed up of water and the occassional coke zero...I might try experiementing with the occassional heated up chocolate shake to mix thiungs up a bit (living the dream ha ha)

Hope today is going well :)

Hey Lani

Yes the hunger pangs have gone thanks but I'm really feeling the cold today...I've had a mug each of tea, boullion, coffee and now I'm hugging a hot water bottle at my desk :(

Have you tried drinking boullion? It tastes like a very weak cup-a-soup and satisfied my savoury craving yesterday :) xx

Aisha

I have had the boullion but it's not really my thing, I just had a mint tea...that helped, i'm freezing today as well. It's not helping that my desk is next to a window and the guy sitting next to me insists on having the window open....grrrr

Morning people

I had a really hungry night last night :( Now I don't know if it was because I had two meals and a shake instead of shakes and bars but my stomach was rumbling at 5am this morning. I'm going to try two meals again today and see if it happens again tonight.

I tested my urine with the ketostix and it's a lovely blush pink coulour (3rd darkest) so it looks like I'm in ketosis :D

I've been having granulated sugar in my coffee up until yesterday and that had carbs in it so I've swapped that for some zero carb sweetener tablets as of this morning so I'm hoping that will help give me a better reading on the strips in a few days time :)

I'll be back with my menu a little later. Hope everyone has a beautiful day xx

Aisha

Hope you're feeling less hungry today, but it's funny you brought it up, when I was struggling with hunger all day yesterday it was after having two meals the day before, instead of my usual 2 shakes and bar. Maybe it makes a difference. I'm still a bit hungry today but nothing like yesterday. Where did you get the ketostix from? :) hope you;re having a fab day.

Back