AJ's LL Management Journey!

Breakfast was one (hot) orange and an apple, plus chocolate pack at about 8 am.

Went into town Saturday morning and picked up new glasses. Met rest of family for lunch but realised that I wouldn't have time to eat because I had a hair appointment.

I ended up not eating until 5pm (had my colour done - back to warm brown).

Had some, hot oranges and later on butternut squash soup (home made) and salmon with salad/raita. Later, I made banana smoothie with 0% yoghurt , skimmed milk, and added half a chocolate pack - dynamite flavour!

On Sunday went back to town for new trainees and trackees for daughter (she just keeps growing). Ended up in TKMaxx and she tried on some dresses (they often have some beautiful evening frocks). They even had size 4's. She tried one on - it fitted perfectly and looked gorgeous - lovely for the summer holiday. Ended up buying it!

Went along to Wetherspoons for lunch and saw they had a special "Arbroath Smoky, chips, peas". I ordered it with salad instead of chips or peas. When it came, it was in the form of a pie. I just ate the fish bits and left the pastry. With hindsight, I should have rejected it. The sign did not say that it was a pie. I feel somewhat annoyed about the whole thing but just need to get it in perspective. If that's the worst that can happen to me today, I'm doing pretty well! I did have a word with one of the staff about not describing it as a pie, but perhaps I should have asked for my money back!

Had a really yummy tea. I had defrosted some smoked haddock last night so stuck it in the oven for me and Jayne. It was roasted with red peppers and sweet potato wedges. Served on a bed of spinach and tomato, with a bit of raita on the side. Lovely flavours. Daughter loved it too!

She has ballet exam on Tuesday - we won't get the results for several weeks yet, but I am confident that she will be fine and pass nicely.

I am pleased that I didn't eat the fish pie today. I would have in the past if on a diet. I would have reasoned that I'd paid for it, I'm eating it!

Good for you! Its lovely to see people blossoming in every way as they loose weight and a great priveledge to share in the journey...

It's Tuesday and the meeting tonight. I've lost a bit more, so that's given me a bit of leeway for when I put on (which I have been assured I will soon, certainly during the last four weeks of Management - trigger weeks).

I don't want to put on, but I will have to accept that it will happen.

I got up early to make some houmous (chickpeas back on the menu, as are lentils). Also dissected a chicken that I'd cooked last night. Used the carcass to do a stockpot.

Had two apples, sliced thinly, plus hot choc pack.

Forgot to switch off stock pot when I went to work and had to pop back home once I realised!

Had some houmous/cucumber sticks and chicken salad for lunch, two plums (lovely and sweet) and plenty of lemon/water.

Tea was a bit of stir-fried chicken in black bean sauce with spinach/salad/raita ... and another plum! Pack for supper.

I met a new Managment member (week 3) for the first time who told me that she 'eats everything' and has not followed the programme. She doesn't want to lose any more weight because she won't fit her wedding dress.

I ended up feeling a bit anxious (for her) because the management programme is there for a reason and although it can seem long-winded, boring and frustrating at times - cutting corners is surely a short-cut to failure? And why on earth do I feel anxious? It's not my problem.

Daughter did ballet exam - is confident she passed. Made appointment for her to see Dr re: various ailments for Thursday. Just need to make appointment for us all to see dentist for a check up (Jayne wants a brace, just because her friends have one - I don't believe she needs one).

Hia Kate,

The programme specifies protein and does say 'low fat' types, like chicken breast, lean mince etc.

However, fish rich in Omega 3 and 6 are encouraged because they do contain 'good' fats.

So, mackeral and salmon I have whenever I want, tuna and smoked haddock too. I only have a small piece each time, but it's enough!

Serve it with a colourful mixed salad (I recommend spinach as a base). Red and orange peppers, pink radish, golden yellow sweetcorn, purple beetroot, bright green and white spring onion, dark green cucumber, scarlet baby tomatoes, etc. Do check what week you can eat them!

Look in the recipe book (weeks 1-4) for the raita - adapt it to your taste.

Make a fat free dressing using quality balsamic vinegar and adding herbs and spices to your taste.

Home made lentil soup - you can't beat it!

Two hot oranges for breakfast (no time for the pack though, I'll have it later.

Four strawberries and a kiwi fruit for snack at playtime.

Three course lunch! Stayed at work and had a small bowl of (home made) lentil soup, small bowl of spinach/raita/salad, and small chopped apple, pear and plum.

Roasted a red pepper, some Jerusalen artichokes (weird but not unpleasant taste), carrots and a courgette (sp.). Laid some of the roasted veg on a bed of spinach and raita, sprinkled with chopped chicken breast. Kept the unused veg for tomorrow. Sprinkled with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Created a real explosion of flavours - very tasty.

An apple and pear later - so sweet and juicy but such different flavours.

Finished off with a double hot chocolate (two packs) for supper.

Not surprisingly, feeling really full just now!

Went along to church this afternoon along with three classes, for "World Day of Prayer" service. A lovely 20 minute walk there and back, but the service was SO BORING I nearly fell asleep (no, honestly I did!) The kids were marvelous - they just sat and listened quietly - no fidgeting, whispering, giggling at all. They were a real credit to the school. What is it with some voices, they just send me to sleep!

I am trying to get to bed early but CSI has just started, damn. I haven't seen this one. I'll just watch a few minutes of it ...

Hi AJ, i am so glad you are online...was really needing to speak with you

I can now oficially say I am on management!!!!

Had my weigh in last night and lost another 2.5lbs. Feel really happy with where I am now in terms of size but am hoping to loose that last half a stone to give me a buffer for trigger weeks.

I spent all day reading the blue books today. I feel like I am prepared but so scared!!!

I had a grilled plain chicken breast tonight (very small). It took me about 20 mins to chew the damn thing, think I may have lost jaw muscle!! anyway, was really aprehensive about eating as i keep thinking that by eating just one small thing all the weight will go back on at once!! I finished the chicken breast and really wanted more food, not just chicken but anything and everything. I sat there with my OH and DD and drank about 1 litre of water, after 10 mins it had passed and I felt really full.

I then went and had a long soak in the bath, got out and BANG I just wanted to eat and eat and eat!!! Didn't have this in foundation at all!! I got laptop out to see if you were online and you wer'nt, now 30 mins later I feel absolutely fine. I did a thought record and wrote in my management jornal and I think that really helped!!

Did you have the same fears and worries and did eating make you want to eat more???

Help, advise needed please hun xxxx

Good Evening Toots!

There is a lot of reading at first. I was a bit overwhelmed, wanting to read everything at once!

It's great that you've started the Management journey though. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to feel when you eat though. I guess it depends on your personal experience with food and eating.

During Foundation, I became very aware of the damaging attitude I had towards certain foods and therefore am taking this part of the programme very slowly. I want this to be a totally new start and I need to unlearn the past 30 years destructive eating habits and learn new ones which don't involve the rollercoaster highs and lows which caused such unhappiness.

I have been following the principles of ...

... 'eating when hungry' (but first identifying whether I AM hungry, or just thirsty, or emotionally hungry).

Stopping when full, or when I think I'm full, and leaving food on the plate (difficult at first). I tell myself that if I am hungry later, I can eat again.

Eating slowly and savouring the flavours/textures of the food, another new skill to learn.

This has helped me to become aware of the eating experience.

Complications arise with social situations, when we tend to eat for social reasons rather than to satisfy hunger. When everyone else is eating, it is easy to do the same (why shouldn't I, everyone else is whispers the crooked thinking).

The journal could be a really useful tool for you, Toots. Our counsellor also suggested we get a proper book to write our thoughts and experiences, mainly because she felt that there may not be enough room to write everything you need to in the spaces provided in the LL journal.

I bought a lovely spotty one with a new pen. Spending some time addressing these feelings is time well spent, even though it may be the last thing you want to do. It would certainly be easier to 'give in' to the urges and eat! But, oh what a waste if you do!

Thought records, well what can I say! They've saved me on several occasions. They are not easy sometimes because it can be difficult at first to understand exactly what is going on in my head. Writing it down clarifies things though.

Coming here to Minimins - cannot be underestimated. A place to write it all down, share experiences, get support. Fantastic!

swoons... :eek:

Sorry Puss, didn't mean to rub it in!!

You didn't at all! :) Even the thought of lentil soup is comforting to me - makes me feel warm inside!! :) I had cottage cheese this evening. It was ok. I still don't feel very interested in food - but this is probably because I'm not eating anything very interesting yet.... still a don't knock a gift horse in the birdy bush I say!!

Hi AmandaJayne

I've just caught up with your diary after being away (again). Your menus sound fab esp the butternut squash and lentil soup.

I love that you were anxious for someone else doing well - there's a lady in my gym who's started LL and I was so worried about her giving up in the first three days before she got into ketosis that my DH laughed at me.

Not long to your cruise now -has the excursions book arrived and are you a cruisecritic addict?

"there's a lady in my gym who's started LL and I was so worried about her giving up in the first three days before she got into ketosis that my DH laughed at me."

I guess it's the fact that I know it can work, but I also know that sabotaging in the early days by eating just makes the whole thing so much more difficult.

I want everyone to feel as good as I do (like 10 feet tall, wide eyed with excitement, light as a feather), but have to accept that we all chose our own path, and it is not my business/problem/responsibility what someone else chooses to do.

I care very much about the people posting here because their experiences often mirror mine and I empathise when someone posts who is struggling.

"Not long to your cruise now -has the excursions book arrived and are you a cruisecritic addict?"

Gosh, yes, thanks for reminding me! That's cheered me up! Oh Heavens, that also means that payment is due soon - I find it hard to spend THAT MUCH MONEY at once (I'm not telling how much, but you can guess!!!)

No details as yet about excursions - I hope there are some horse-related ones anyway cos' I am so looking forward to riding again. It is one of the things I stopped several years ago (just not fair on the horses, hehehe).

I have dipped in to cruisecritic, not am not an addict. I am an addict of Minimins though (but you probably guessed)!

Friday - a good day today.

Hot oranges for breakfast. A kiwi, four strawberries, on plum, six grapes,and a small pear (all chopped up) for playtime.

Lunch at the pub - lentil soup.

One ladle of chicken curry on a bed of spinach and a chopped egg and apple, with raita on the side, for tea.

Race night at the local high school. Took along a large bowl of fresh fruit salad including pineapple, grapes and kiwi. Kept away from the crisps! Felt cold all evening and I think it really spoiled the event for me. Sat in my coat and shivered. Couldn't wait to get home. Would have loved a big mug of coffee to warm me up.

It's Saturday morning!

I have a headache and feel a bit out of sorts. I wonder if I am coming down with something? Hmm.

Just had my hot oranges and a hot lemon juice. Will have hot chocolate pack shortly.

Not sure what to do today but know that at some point I will walk to town - Jayne has eye appointment.

While I did Foundation I noticed something interesting. I slept through the night, not even getting up to go to the loo. I went to sleep straight away and didn't have bad dreams.

The dreams and waking up have returned. Remember I talked about losing my car keys a couple of weeks ago because I had got up and put them somewhere during the night, and couldn't remember where! I had another anxiety dream about the car a couple of nights ago and got up to look for the keys.

Why did my sleeping improve during Foundation, and what has caused a return to waking/interruped sleep? I have no idea.

I have just read this whole post and would really like to thank you for so much support and helpful info. I am only on my 4th week, and I have a very long road to travel as I need to lose in itro 10 stone. I have lots of worries about "the end"., flabby skin on tum and arms, will I ever be "normal" and eat like everyone else, will I ever be able to be around food or am the true "alcoholic" that just cannot cope with one little taste?

Another question, I have been thinking of a LLT for some time, but I am one of those who has had umpteen exercise gadgets in the past, and I think OH would spit the dummy if I bought another one to sit in the cupboard then take it to the charity shop!! Is it one that a non-exerciser like me is likely to use, do you think?

And one last question, apologies if I have missed the answer elsewhere, Does the cost of the programme stay fixed at £66 p/w or does change at all? My OH is fab, and we have been usiing our savings to put me right, but with such a long way to I am genuinely concerned about the total cost?

Many many thanks, and a huge WELL DONE to you!!

xx

Saz, firstly, feel free to ask as many questions as you want!

After you have completed the 100 days, if you are still not at goal, you continue with Development; four-week blocks (but flexible) where you will continue the programme with four packs a day and it will still be £66 per week.

The next stage is Development and for the first two weeks of this you will have three packs a day and pay £49.50 a week.

Then for weeks 2 to 8 you will take two packs a day for £33 a week.

Finally for weeks 9 - 12 you will have one pack a day at a cost of £16.50 a week.

Then, no packs but you can continue to attend meetings with no costs unless you wish to purchase any further packs.

As far as an LLT is concerned, see if you can get one second-hand?

JJB Sports sell a version of them too. Pop along and have a look. They may have one on display. If so, ask if you can try it out to get a feel for it. I am sure Tesco online have them too, and Argos - check their website.

To raise some money, get out all your other unwanted/unused exercise gadgets and stick adverts in local shop windows pricing to sell.

"...I have a very long road to travel..."

But you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. What's that? Slimmer and slimmer!!! One day at a time.

The rest of Saturday improved. We walked to town. The kids accepted that this would happen and did not protest ... well not too much. My 12 year old son, wrapped in his cuddly blanket, laid on my bed saying "do I HAVE to go ..." I suddenly jumped on the bed and sat astride him pinning him to the bed. Because he was wrapped in a blanket, he could not move his arms!

I proceeded to torture him with a wooly scarf tickling his nose, then stuck a finger (cold) in his ear, he screamed "I won't give in!" - more tickling followed "No, no, no!" Jayne and Hubby joined in, and eventually we were all collapsed laughing on the bed! Hehehe.

We went to Wetherspoons for lunch. I chose chicken and bacon salad. Gave most of the bacon to hubby again. Black coffee and water. Then off to O2 to buy a genie sim card for sons 'new' phone - well it's a really old one of mine. He is now contactable. Went off to buy a pair of slippers and left the others looking for a new computer game (boring). Bought slippers quickly and browsed around clothes shops I have never before been to.

Was very naughty and bought some new stuff. A purple tunic top and black trousers with a stripe, plus another black/grey patterned tunic and a short black bolero type cardy to go with it (layers). Then another pair of dark grey trousers... but that was all. God it cost a fortune! Looks lovely though.

Met up with others later and hubby commented that 'I shouldn't be allowed out' as he eyed the bulging bags. I laughed. It feels SO GOOD to shop in normal shops and try on clothes that make me look and feel so attractive.

Got the bus back and as soon as I got home, made a pan of lentil soup using carrots and sweet potato. Had smoked haddock with roasted peppers, raita and spinach. Fresh fruit salad afterwards.

Sat here watching "Alien Autopsy" - quite funny!

The rest of Saturday improved. We walked to town. The kids accepted that this would happen and did not protest ... well not too much. My 12 year old son, wrapped in his cuddly blanket, laid on my bed saying "do I HAVE to go ..." I suddenly jumped on the bed and sat astride him pinning him to the bed. Because he was wrapped in a blanket, he could not move his arms!

I proceeded to torture him with a wooly scarf tickling his nose, then stuck a finger (cold) in his ear, he screamed "I won't give in!" - more tickling followed "No, no, no!" Jayne and Hubby joined in, and eventually we were all collapsed laughing on the bed! Hehehe.

We went to Wetherspoons for lunch. I chose chicken and bacon salad. Gave most of the bacon to hubby again. Black coffee and water. Then off to O2 to buy a genie sim card for sons 'new' phone - well it's a really old one of mine. He is now contactable. Went off to buy a pair of slippers and left the others looking for a new computer game (boring). Bought slippers quickly and browsed around clothes shops I have never before been to.

Was very naughty and bought some new stuff. A purple tunic top and black trousers with a stripe, plus another black/grey patterned tunic and a short black bolero type cardy to go with it (layers). Then another pair of dark grey trousers... but that was all. God it cost a fortune! Looks lovely though.

Met up with others later and hubby commented that 'I shouldn't be allowed out' as he eyed the bulging bags. I laughed. It feels SO GOOD to shop in normal shops and try on clothes that make me look and feel so attractive.

Got the bus back and as soon as I got home, made a pan of lentil soup using carrots and sweet potato. Had smoked haddock with roasted peppers, raita and spinach. Fresh fruit salad afterwards.

Sat here watching "Alien Autopsy" - quite funny!
omg!!!
you are so right !!!!
it is beyond fab to venture into 'normal' shops and feel good no matter what you wear I LOVE IT!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Hiya AJ! Well I got over my reluctance to eat pretty damn quick.. :rolleyes: :D I am definitely enjoying my food now. I also seem to be eating quite a bit - or so it seems to me when I go back to look at your first week posts. That being said, OH totted up my entire calories for my dinner last night and it was only 1.5x a bar - so I guess not that much after all?

Anyway, the main problem I'm having today is hunger! I'm not in ketosis now - but I still only eat one "meal" a day - the rest of the time - soups/shakes and 4 litres of water are not keeping me full! It's hard!!!!!

Did you not feel hungry too? As you know I will be introducing food a bit quicker than normal due to my circumstances - but otherwise it pretty much takes the full 12 weeks to get up to 3 meals a day - so how do you cope with hunger in the meanwhile?

Back