AJ's LL Management Journey!

Yum....home made rice pudding :)

Love it. Wont give you the recipe for mine. Full of eggs and double cream:eek: :D

Your meals are sounding delish. :cool:

Kath, it's a fantastic weighloss!

I have worked out that I have lost, to date, 101lbs. How would I feel knowing that I had another 2 stone or so to lose? Hmmm. You have my complete sympathy.

Put it another way, you've already lost over

***!!!seven stone!!!***

with just two more to go.

Can you hold on tight to that thought when the going gets tough? Won't it be worth the sacrifice when you get to goal?

Can you visualise the summer holidays - you WILL be at goal and perhaps even finished Management by then. Your life will be a very different one - the one you've worked so hard for so long to achieve. It is within your grasp, just out of reach.

Keep us posted how you're doing!

AJ

Last edited:
Thanks AJ :)

I tell you how it feels knowing I have another 2 stone to go? CRAP! I feel good, everyone tells me how great I look and don't need to lose any more blah blah blah. Size 16 was my original aim and I'm at it. Tried on a pair of 14s today and could do them up, they're too tight to wear really, well I could wear them but not with a tight top as I'd look like a muffin :D

Now I'm all over the place, don't know what to do, don't want to do this any more :cry: it's my last few months in the country, some of my friends I may never see again. I miss sharing a glass of wine with them, I miss having a meal with my family. This is the last mother's day I'll spend in the UK, next month is my birthday, 2 of my best friends birthdays, my wedding Anniversary, my easter weekend away and then the beginning of May brings a long weekend in Dublin with friends and then (fingers crossed we get a ticket) Glastonbury festival in June. I want to do mangement when I'm at goal (what is this BMI fixation I seem to have :confused: ) but I want to do it properly. Realistically I know I'm not going to have 12 weeks where I can dedicate 100% that I'll follow the program.....I know I could rather, I don't want to. If we were not buggering off to Australia this year then I know I would do it because I'd think well there's next year's birthday with my friends etc etc...but there isn't - we'll never all be together again at the same time....:sigh:

I don't want to stuff my face. I want to eat nice food, be normal and not ever be fat again. I want to be able to say, hey it's mother's day, let's go out for a meal. I want to think, yes I can go out and have some wine with my friends as I've been careful with my eating all week so I have some extra calories for the weekend...you know like a normal slim person would....

Sorry, I've rambled :eek:

It's an interesting (!) dilemma.

Another poster (Gaijingirl) has arranged to do a shortened, slightly early Management programme in preparation to going over to Japan to work, at Easter.

I wonder if you could chat with your LLC and explain what you've written here. The situation is unusual and surely it could be possible to move on to Management at this stage and work through the weeks carefully. For example, alcohol (wine) goes on the list in week 5. You can commit to drinking a toast with friends and relatives occasionally when celebrating, but always be aware of your MAIN GOAL, and don't let it go to your head!

Can you commit to staying at this weight (and stable) until you settle in Australia, and then lose the final lbs slowly just following a healthy lifestyle (keeping active etc), and can you take with you the lessons learned doing the LL counselling? You can still log on to Minis for advice and support, and even more importantly, give us the wealth you YOUR experiences!

Only you know that answer Kath.

I am certain that you don't want to jeopardise your monumental achievement by neglecting to complete the programme properly, but that need not happen if you can come to some agreement with your counsellor. You will be so much more happy knowing that you are taking control of this situation, especially knowing the stressful time which lies ahead (I hate saying goodbye).

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

AJ

It's an interesting (!) dilemma.

Another poster (Gaijingirl) has arranged to do a shortened, slightly early Management programme in preparation to going over to Japan to work, at Easter.

Hmm..yes I've been thinking this too....she is aware that I'm off to Oz, this was the reason for starting the diet so that I would pass my medicals that I had in February. Didn't dream I'd get 7 stone off for them though! :) I must chat to her on Wednesday.

I wonder if you could chat with your LLC and explain what you've written here. The situation is unusual and surely it could be possible to move on to Management at this stage and work through the weeks carefully. For example, alcohol (wine) goes on the list in week 5. You can commit to drinking a toast with friends and relatives occasionally when celebrating, but always be aware of your MAIN GOAL, and don't let it go to your head!

Can you commit to staying at this weight (and stable) until you settle in Australia, and then lose the final lbs slowly just following a healthy lifestyle (keeping active etc), and can you take with you the lessons learned doing the LL counselling?
If I stayed at this size, a 16 at 5ft 10 (or 5ft 9 as my counsellor says :rolleyes: ) then yes I'd be perfectly happy at that. I'm happy to be a size 16 while I lose weight if that makes sense :confused: If I was told I'd stay this size for the rest of my life I'd be very chuffed. So to know I'm this size now and won't get bigger would be fantastic but to think I might get smaller is super fantastic!

Only you know that answer Kath.

I know, it's just hard getting my mind to tell me what the answer is. Keep arguing with myself, think I'm losing the plot lol

I am certain that you don't want to jeopardise your monumental achievement by neglecting to complete the programme properly, but that need not happen if you can come to some agreement with your counsellor. You will be so much more happy knowing that you are taking control of this situation, especially knowing the stressful time which lies ahead (I hate saying goodbye).

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

AJ

You are right here, I don't want to jeapordise my acheivement. I have a lot of 'tools' already from LL and am very keen to learn the probably more important ones in Management. My problem? I should've started this diet in January last year! If only I'd known about it then :sigh:

I am truly dreading the stressful time ahead. It's a very sad time at the moment knowing that I'm leaving so many people. They don't do LL in Australia but they do CD, so if I ever start to slip once I'm there at least I know I can sole source again over there!

Thanks for your words AJ and sorry to ramble on in your diary :eek:

Kath x

"...sorry to ramble on in your diary ..."

You can ramble any time!

If you need more advice, post a new thread and loads of people could potentially read it and reply with other advice.

At 5'10" you should carry a size 16 really well - I bet you're looking fab now!

My problem? I should've started this diet in January last year!

You can't change the past!

think I'm losing the plot lol

Take a deep breath... that's right, and another one...

First step, chat with LLC - have a brainstorming session, tell her what you want to achieve and why. Ask how it can be done. Let her (or him) work out the details. Once you agree that it is feasible, get going!

It may help to write it all down so you don't forget anything important.

This challenge CAN be resolved to your satisfaction, and then you can get on with your moving preparations.

"...sorry to ramble on in your diary ..."

You can ramble any time!

If you need more advice, post a new thread and loads of people could potentially read it and reply with other advice.

Thank you AJ, I do value your advice very much :)

At 5'10" you should carry a size 16 really well - I bet you're looking fab now!

Do you know what..I think I do! :eek: Isn't that terribly vain :eek: I look dreadful with my clothes off but in a nice pair of jeans and slightly fitted top I feel like the bees knees this week. I think this is also because I've had so many people tell me how great I look too, you know how it is at first you get the odd one or two and I always think 'pah they're just saying that, they don't mean it' but I must've had ooh a good 12 different people tell me this week, so my mind has started to say 'hey, maybe they mean it!'

You can't change the past!
No you can't and it is fruitless of me to even waste time thinking of the 'if only I had'

Take a deep breath... that's right, and another one...

First step, chat with LLC - have a brainstorming session, tell her what you want to achieve and why. Ask how it can be done. Let her (or him) work out the details. Once you agree that it is feasible, get going!

It may help to write it all down so you don't forget anything important.

This challenge CAN be resolved to your satisfaction, and then you can get on with your moving preparations.

I am going to write down what I've written on here, so I can get it out properly what I'm trying to say. Not sure what she'll make of me this week, I'm usually a breeze in and out kinda girl with no probs, this week I've got it all lol.

Thanks AJ, a lot :)

Oh and I'm breathing, I'm breathing :D

Kath xxx:hug99:

"I've had so many people tell me how great I look too, you know how it is at first you get the odd one or two and I always think 'pah they're just saying that, they don't mean it' but I must've had ooh a good 12 different people tell me this week, so my mind has started to say 'hey, maybe they mean it!'"

Well, get used to it girl, because it will keep on happening!

I have seen quite a few people who I hadn't seen for several months, certainly since before LL, and they are all, without exception gobsmacked when we meet (often at Tescos, over the frozen veg). I am getting used to it now and am accepting the compliments offered!

"I'm usually a breeze in and out kinda girl with no probs, this week I've got it all lol."

Make sure you make time for a chat though Kath, it doesn't help if you feel rushed. Does she have another class after yours? If not, she won't feel under pressure. Can you arrange to get there 15 minutes earlier, to talk before the meeting? Just a thought. Ring to check first.

Well, get used to it girl, because it will keep on happening!

I have seen quite a few people who I hadn't seen for several months, certainly since before LL, and they are all, without exception gobsmacked when we meet (often at Tescos, over the frozen veg). I am getting used to it now and am accepting the compliments offered!

It is hard to accept compliments isn't it...one of the things I remember learning in LL is that we should accept them gracefully and not dismiss them because we hurt the people that give them. I've never looked at it like that before and was mortified to think I was offending people by snorting at their compliment!

Make sure you make time for a chat though Kath, it doesn't help if you feel rushed. Does she have another class after yours? If not, she won't feel under pressure. Can you arrange to get there 15 minutes earlier, to talk before the meeting? Just a thought. Ring to check first.

Yes I must ring her actually and check because our class finishes at 7.30, well usually a bit earlier just lately and she has a management class after that. I could probably get there at 6 instead as there are only a few of us now anyway so she should be able to spare me some time. I'll ring her tomorrow.

Well that's enough about me AJ, back on with your diary girl and keep giving all those people the fantastic inspiration you have been doing already :)

Kath xx

I'd forgotton all about it Kath.

Here goes.

Sunday (Mothers Day). Son did me my hot oranges which I had in bed with hot lemon/water. Got a lovely mug with a cat shaped handle, a Mica CD, bubble bath, and a leopard-spotted pen. Then off to the pictures to see Premonition - enjoyed it. Actually we went to Wetherspoons for lunch first. I had chile con carne with rice. Ate just over half, and gave the rest to hubby. Had a chopped apple, pear and kiwi when I got home.

Made some lentil soup, red pepper houmous and dips, and my own version of chile con carne, which I had with some grilled corgettes and spinach. The soup and houmous will do for a couple of days at least.

Tomorrow I am out for the day at a Science, Engineering and Technology Day with school so I will take a flask of soup, and some chicken salad for lunch, and some chopped fruit (kiwi, apple and pear) for break.

Snow is forecast for Monday, but although we had some today, it never stuck. Phew, I hate driving in snow.

Been a good day food wise. Still got my eye on the prize. Meeting Tuesday - week 9. Barley, oats, breakfast cereals for six days. 3 meals a day plus snacks, and down to 1 foodpack a day (£16.50 a week)and 2 litres of water.

Week 10 is cheese.

Week 11 is bread.

Week 12 is snacks e.g. sweets, chocolate, crisps, jam, nuts.

Sounds like you had a lovely day AJ :)

I can't wait for week 11 - BREAD OMG! :D

and on that thought I'm off to bed before the noise coming from my breadbin gets too loud ;)

I have an almost identical amount of weight to lose as you AJ, and reading about your management journey is really helping me, it's great to see what I will be able to eat once I go into management. I'm hoping that will be in June, I've lost 46lb, can't remember without looking at my ticker how much further I have to go in lb but I know it's possible.
Thanks for this, I for one really appreciate it.

Mornin' Yorkiegirl,

You're almost half-way there hun.

Your aim is do-able, and if you remain focused, you'll achieve it. Try not to get too hung up on the numbers though and lose sight of the bigger picture - getting slim and healthy for life.

I've been visualising the summer holidays - I can't wait to get there and get stuck in to all the activities, instead of sitting on the sidelines and watching!

Hi AJ just been updating myself on your thread - how come you are at week 9 already???? God it seems like 2 mins ago I read that you were starting management. OMG - how quickly does time go by!

Have you recieved anything form OU yet? I'll bet you can't wait to get started.

You will soon be able tyo have bread - I have to say I am looking forward & dreading that day myself, bread is a huge downfall of mine and so am scared of eating it again.

Good luck this week AJ - your posts continue to be a HUGE souce of inspiration to me.

x

Hia Skinny!

"...how come you are at week 9 already???? ..."

Well, it's not until after the meeting tomorrow but there's no harm in a bit of planning! (where's the porridge!)

Regading the OU - yes, got a reply to my e-mail today, also got a load of brochures through the post - overwhelming. I am pleased that I will get credit for the HNC I completed a few years ago (business and finance), so that'll cut down the time spent studying.

"...I have to say I am looking forward & dreading that day myself, bread is a huge downfall of mine ..."

Hmmm, I don't think I have a problem with bread, but that remains to be seen. It's been pasta, noodles, potatoes, rice this week. I have had some rice and noodles, but haven't bothered about the potatoes or pasta. I just forgot. Actually I prefer sweet potatoes and just eat them (roasted in the oven) so haven't missed potatoes.

When doing the 'trigger' weeks, you eat the trigger foods for six days then stop for the seventh and only have them for one meal a day after that, until the end of Management. It is supposed to help you figure out whether you crave them all the time.

My big problem will be week 12, specifically any sweets, any chocolate, any ice-cream. I don't even want to try them any more. What for? I just know that they were responsible for my insane eating behaviour.

I am not happy about it because I don't really want to banish them for ever, but at the same time I can't be slim and healthy long term and eat this stuff, without there being a consequence. My LLC says I don't need to eat anything I am not comfortable with.

Out of school all day with the P7's. Took a flask of my lentil soup (lovely in a cold sports stadium), and a box of chopped fruit. Had a couple of black coffees, but not too much water (too much hassle getting to the loo). It's tea-time and I've just had my red pepper houmous with carrot, cucumber and beetroot. Got a small chicken breast to have with spinach later on.

I will try to have an early night again (too much nookie with Hubby at the weekend - because he is working away at the moment, any time at home is unusually busy!!!) Wore a cute babydoll outfit with cut-out nipples :eek: - proved very popular!:eek:

Wore a belt over my jumper/trousers today to emphasise my little waist. Still can't believe that last year I would never have worn anything which emphasised any part of me! The fact I have a waist is good!

Hi,

I have just read from the begining your journey and feel really inspired.

I am only on Day 11 and at this stage can't even imagine being able to eat! :eat:

Like most people I worry about maintaining the weight, and wonder if the food will be too restrictive. It's so good to read in your diary how the food choices are added gradually, and that I will be able to eat a balanced diet with may family and enjoy a meal out, and hopefully the odd takeaway.

I understand I will not be able to eat the combinations or quantaties I have in the past, but hey that's no bad thing.

You are doing so so well and Good Luck. You really don't need it and believe you have changed your eating patterns for life. :wow:

I hope I can continue on my own journey and keep on the straight and narrow :devilangel:

Sam xx

AJ just wanted to let you know that after all my faffing I'm not going into management yet. I've spoken to my LLC and she did say go into management but told me I need to give it 100% but I can't do that just yet. So I've decided to stick with sole sourcing for now and if I need to I can do low carb food at the weekends when I'm away :)

Thank for all your help and putting up with my insane ramblings, I've never changed my mind so much in my life lol

Hi AJ.

Its great to see that you are still on track and proves it Can be done. I wished I had your determination and focus over the last few weeks. You seem to be really living life to the full - good for you. Only three weeks left now and you're finished. Have you decided what you are going to do then? Are you still gonna do popins? It would be good to read about your long-term plans. I don't know about you but I think I will always be susceptable and I am learning new things about my self week by week but like any 'Aholic' if I just let go I run the risk of being back a square one again.

The sweet potatoes are a great idea, I like mashed butternut squash too but unfortunately also like the cream and butter that goes with it - I guess its all a matter of re-educating the ole tastebuds which you seem to have done a fantastic job at.

Back